Home > Asthma > Baldness > Asthma and Baldness
Review: could Asthma cause Baldness (Hair loss)?
We study 54,130 people who have Asthma from FDA and social media. Among them, 376 have Baldness (Hair loss). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Asthma and Baldness >>>
Asthma (latest reports from 278,015 patients) can be treated by Singulair, Symbicort, Advair Diskus 250/50, Albuterol Sulfate, Albuterol, Ventolin.
Baldness (partial or complete lack of hair growth) (latest reports from 229,047 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Sep, 25, 2014: 54,112 people who have asthma are studied. Among them, 375 (0.69%) have Baldness.
Gender of people who have asthma and experienced Baldness * :
Age of people who have asthma and experienced Baldness * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (46 people, 12.27%)
- Hypothyroidism (33 people, 8.80%)
- Depression (31 people, 8.27%)
- Diabetes mellitus (28 people, 7.47%)
- Osteoporosis (27 people, 7.20%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (25 people, 6.67%)
- Prophylaxis (20 people, 5.33%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (20 people, 5.33%)
- Gastric disorder (20 people, 5.33%)
- Hypersensitivity (17 people, 4.53%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Singulair (120 people, 32.00%)
- Xolair (87 people, 23.20%)
- Albuterol (61 people, 16.27%)
- Symbicort (60 people, 16.00%)
- Humira (50 people, 13.33%)
- Spiriva (44 people, 11.73%)
- Fosamax (28 people, 7.47%)
- Methotrexate (27 people, 7.20%)
- Ventolin (26 people, 6.93%)
- Synthroid (25 people, 6.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Asthma and Baldness?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Baldness and Asthma
- group for people who have Asthma
- group for people who have Baldness
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 months ago):
since taking digoxin hair loss is severe
From this study (3 years ago):
I have been taking symbicort inhaler for 6 months and all of a sudden IM BALD !!
From this study (4 years ago):
hair loss and coming back in spot.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Asthma, Baldness
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Depo provera overdose
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Hair loss on this drug
i began this drug a week and two days now. after the fourth day i saw hair loss, my sister said you have a dry patch in your hair and i went home and brushed my hair there was no much hair loss and a few bald patches about the size of fists at the back of my head. There was no way to hide them, e ...
- Hair loss, no elevated mood or depression, nausea, tiredness
Due to hair loss I switched over to Morphine. The hair loss goes on. While taking Tramadol for 5 month I've already lost 2/3 of my long and thick hair. In about 3 month I'll be bold - as a woman.
Tramadol elevated my mood. Morphine doesn't. It might even depress me - who knows? Taking 60mg at onc ...
More reviews for: Asthma, Baldness
Common treatments for Asthma and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Asthma symptoms:
- Exercise-induced Asthma in Asthma (7,768 reports)
- Breathlessness in Asthma (7,031 reports)
- Drug Not Working in Asthma (5,824 reports)
- Coughing in Asthma (3,655 reports)
- Chest Discomfort in Asthma (3,121 reports)
- Pain - Head in Asthma (2,396 reports)
- Fatigue in Asthma (2,293 reports)
- Wheezing in Asthma (2,083 reports)
- Community-acquired Pneumonia in Asthma (2,066 reports)
- Dizziness in Asthma (2,062 reports)
Baldness related symptom studies:
Asthma is also known as: Bronchial asthma, Chronic Asthma, Exercise-induced asthma.
Baldness is also known as: Alopecia, Hair loss, Hair thinning, Loss of hair, hairloss.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.