Asthma and Chest pain - from FDA reports
Chest pain is found among people with Asthma, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Xolair and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Chest pain with Asthma. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 5,907 people who have Asthma from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 11, 2017
5,907 people who have Asthma and Chest Pain are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Asthma and experience Chest Pain *:
- female: 72.74 %
- male: 27.26 %
Age of people who have Asthma and experience Chest Pain *:
- 0-1: 0.04 %
- 2-9: 1.48 %
- 10-19: 5.31 %
- 20-29: 5.67 %
- 30-39: 11.45 %
- 40-49: 20.02 %
- 50-59: 23.21 %
- 60+: 32.82 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (477 people, 8.08%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (299 people, 5.06%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (274 people, 4.64%)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (269 people, 4.55%)
- Hypersensitivity (249 people, 4.22%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Xolair (1,580 people, 26.75%)
- Singulair (1,293 people, 21.89%)
- Symbicort (898 people, 15.20%)
- Ventolin (772 people, 13.07%)
- Albuterol (766 people, 12.97%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (2,489 people, 42.14%)
- Cough (1,268 people, 21.47%)
- Wheezing (1,009 people, 17.08%)
- Fatigue (804 people, 13.61%)
- Drug Ineffective (776 people, 13.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Chest pain and Asthma?
- Check symptoms - is your chest pain caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeChest pain and Asthma from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Asthma can be treated by Singulair, Symbicort, Advair diskus 250/50, Albuterol sulfate, Ventolin (latest reports from 138,430 Asthma patients)
Chest pain has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 209,706 Chest pain patients).
Browse all symptoms of Asthmaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause Chest painChest pain
Other conditions that could case Chest painChest pain
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
Hello, My name is Nikki and I have dealt with severe asthma since I was 7 years old (I'm now 30). I have had a variety of prescriptions over the years, including albutoral, both vials for nebulizer and inhaler, serevent, flovent, advair, and steroids such as Prednisone. I never noticed it as a ...
Started with 20 mg of Latuda with dinner for a week with a little burning and tightness and sort of heat in my chest, and then I went up to 40 mg after a week or 8 days, hoping the symptoms would stop. After upping to 40mg, I started feeling rapid heart beat and extreme yawning as if I couldn't ...
Hi, I just had my medical checkup and the report shown that my T-score @ -4. I took Fosamax as per instruction once a week. Everything just happens at second week after consumed Fosamax. That time I felt chest pain / chest burn and I stop taking Fosamax plus. 2 days later all my joints ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I started taking birth control for menopause symptoms about three months ago and have noticed in the last two months I have had increased asthma symptoms. But its really hard to tell if that is the cause because it is also spring. The only thing though that is different I am not having ...
Hi there. Been taking ranitidine/zantac for 9 days. It has helped with the burning in my stomach but after taking it I get a dull pain in the centre of my chest. It doesn't last long bit it is uncomfortable. Any one else experienced this
I am on a relatively low dose of subutex after having multiple surgeries and am in chronic pain which 8 mg of sub total a day helps. I am afraid because of all of my surgeries that if I need pain control, I will not be able to get it. I have been having chest pains recently from the subutex but ...