Review: could Asthma cause Hashimoto's thyroiditis?
We study 54,145 people who have Asthma from FDA and social media. Among them, 13 have Hashimoto's thyroiditis. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Asthma and Hashimoto's thyroiditis >>>
Asthma (latest reports from 276,567 patients) can be treated by Singulair, Symbicort, Advair Diskus 250/50, Albuterol, Albuterol Sulfate, Ventolin.
Hashimoto's thyroiditis (chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis is an autoimmune disease in which the thyroid gland is attacked by a variety of cell) (latest reports from 6,614 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, hepatitis c, high blood cholesterol, osteopenia.
On Oct, 22, 2014: 54,130 people who have asthma are studied. Among them, 13 (0.02%) have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis.
Gender of people who have asthma and experienced Hashimoto's thyroiditis * :
|Hashimoto's thyroiditis||68.42%||31.58% |
Age of people who have asthma and experienced Hashimoto's thyroiditis * :
|Hashimoto's thyroiditis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.09%||27.27%||72.73%||0.00% |
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Mental disorder (2 people, 15.38%)
- Depression (1 people, 7.69%)
- Osteoporosis (1 people, 7.69%)
- Anxiety (1 people, 7.69%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Singulair (6 people, 46.15%)
- Flovent (5 people, 38.46%)
- Serevent (4 people, 30.77%)
- Xolair (4 people, 30.77%)
- Xopenex (3 people, 23.08%)
- Theophylline (3 people, 23.08%)
- Prednisolone (3 people, 23.08%)
- Pulmicort (1 people, 7.69%)
- Forteo (1 people, 7.69%)
- Xyzal (1 people, 7.69%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Asthma and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and Asthma
- support group for people who have Asthma
- support group for people who have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Hashimotos and compictaions
Type 2 Diabetic last 5 plus years, better part of last 7 years have had ( Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness), taking most of the normal blood sugar meds, thyroid meds , had both hands carpal tunnel released , both elbows ulnar nerve released ( last surgery 8/04/2014 , still out of ...
- Could bathing with sea salt which is sodium iodide be harmful for hashimoto patients
Could soaking in a sea salt (which contains sodium iodide) bath for 20 minutes
be harmful to a Hashimoto patient?
- Has anyone had bad side effects from taking armour thyroid?
Hi, ever since I started to take Armour thyroid last August, I have felt worse and worse. My TSH is responding, but I am still tired, and worst of all I now have all of these symptoms too: muscle aches, nausea, dizziness, vertigo and I can't eat much d't stomach bloating.
I wonder if anyone h ...
More questions for: Asthma, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Wellbutrin triggered hashimoto's thyroiditis
I was prescribed Wellbutrin to assist in smoking cessation during my annual physical in August 2000. During the physical I had full blood work done and my thyroid numbers were normal. I began taking Wellbutrin on 9/1/2000. By 9/30/2000 my body essentially went into shock and the doctor thought I w ...
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
More reviews for: Asthma, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
Common treatments for Asthma and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Asthma symptoms:
- Chronic Asthma in Asthma (7,768 reports)
- Dyspnea in Asthma (7,031 reports)
- Drug Not Working in Asthma (5,824 reports)
- Coughing in Asthma (3,657 reports)
- Chest Tightness Or Pressure in Asthma (3,122 reports)
- Headache in Asthma (2,381 reports)
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness in Asthma (2,296 reports)
- Sibilant Rhonchi in Asthma (2,077 reports)
- Bronchopneumonia in Asthma (2,067 reports)
- Dizziness in Asthma (2,065 reports)
Hashimoto's Thyroiditis related symptom studies:
Related drug studies for: Asthma, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
Recent Asthma related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Asthma, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.