Home > Asthma > Hashimoto's thyroiditis > Asthma and Hashimoto's thyroiditis
Would you have Hashimoto's thyroiditis when you have Asthma?
Summary: Hashimoto's thyroiditis is found among people with Asthma, especially people who are female, 50-59 old, also have Mental disorder, and take medication Singulair.
We study 13 people who have Hashimoto's thyroiditis and Asthma from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Asthma and Hashimoto's thyroiditis >>>
Asthma (latest reports from 259,250 patients) can be treated by Singulair, Symbicort, Advair Diskus 250/50, Albuterol Sulfate, Albuterol, Advair Diskus 100/50.
Hashimoto's thyroiditis (chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis is an autoimmune disease in which the thyroid gland is attacked by a variety of cell) (latest reports from 6,642 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, hepatitis c, high blood cholesterol, osteopenia.
On Nov, 22, 2014: 13 people who have asthma and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis are studied.
Gender of people who have asthma and experienced Hashimoto's thyroiditis * :
|Hashimoto's thyroiditis||68.42%||31.58% |
Age of people who have asthma and experienced Hashimoto's thyroiditis * :
|Hashimoto's thyroiditis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.33%||25.00%||66.67%||0.00% |
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Mental disorder (2 people, 15.38%)
- Depression (1 people, 7.69%)
- Osteoporosis (1 people, 7.69%)
- Anxiety (1 people, 7.69%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Singulair (6 people, 46.15%)
- Flovent (5 people, 38.46%)
- Serevent (4 people, 30.77%)
- Xolair (4 people, 30.77%)
- Xopenex (3 people, 23.08%)
- Theophylline (3 people, 23.08%)
- Prednisolone (3 people, 23.08%)
- Pulmicort (1 people, 7.69%)
- Forteo (1 people, 7.69%)
- Xyzal (1 people, 7.69%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Asthma and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and Asthma
- support group for people who have Asthma
- support group for people who have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Hashimotos and compictaions
(Asked by a 43 year old man who has Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Type 2 Diabetic last 5 plus years, better part of last 7 years have had ( Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness), taking most of the normal blood sugar meds, thyroid meds , had both hands carpal tunnel released , both elbows ulnar nerve released ( last surgery 8/04/2014 , still out of ...
- Could bathing with sea salt which is sodium iodide be harmful for hashimoto patients
(Asked by a 75 year old man who has Hashimoto's Thyroiditis)
Could soaking in a sea salt (which contains sodium iodide) bath for 20 minutes
be harmful to a Hashimoto patient?
- Has anyone had bad side effects from taking armour thyroid?
(Asked by a 69 year old woman who has Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, and takes Armour Thyroid)
Hi, ever since I started to take Armour thyroid last August, I have felt worse and worse. My TSH is responding, but I am still tired, and worst of all I now have all of these symptoms too: muscle aches, nausea, dizziness, vertigo and I can't eat much d't stomach bloating.
I wonder if anyone h ...
- Is it my thyroid or am i mentally ill? diagnosed w/ hashimoto's thyroiditis but untreated - chronic pain unmanaged also
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Spondylosis, Autoimmune Disorder, Asthma Late Onset, Migraine, Degenerative Joint Disease, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Facet Joint Syndrome, Sacroiliitis, Diverticulosis, PTSD, IBS, Traumatic Brain Injury, Pelvic Congestion, Fibromyalgia, Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, and takes Albuterol Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Maxalt, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Oxycontin, Alvesco, Levothyroxine Thyroid)
I moved to OR from HI and brought all my records, signed releases, and had many diagnoses, all but the thyroid, was being treated and long-term. I also took Oxycontin & Oxycodone for severe chronic pain from bilateral SI joint fusion (right screw protrudes & leg also becomes numb and weak with acti ...
- What's good to use with singulair as an inhaler for asthma dual relief
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Asthma, Adrenal Insufficiency, and takes Singulair)
I am on singular in the morning& also take a reliever spray-Oxis but want to change to advair or serevent-any suggestion -thanks
More questions for: Asthma, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Wellbutrin triggered hashimoto's thyroiditis
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, and takes Wellbutrin)
I was prescribed Wellbutrin to assist in smoking cessation during my annual physical in August 2000. During the physical I had full blood work done and my thyroid numbers were normal. I began taking Wellbutrin on 9/1/2000. By 9/30/2000 my body essentially went into shock and the doctor thought I w ...
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
(Posted by a 16 year old girl who has Asthma, Migraines, Dizziness, Tightness In Chest, Difficulty Breathing, Confusion, Unable To Speak Or Swallow, Swollen Neck, Abdominal Pain, Unable To Walk, Neck Pain, Shaking Uncontrollably, Loss Of Feeling In Right Side, and takes Sumatriptan)
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
More reviews for: Asthma, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
- A study of drug interactions between Versed, Advair Diskus 250/50 for a patient with Anaesthesia, Asthma. The patient has Rash Pustular, Rash
Comments: had a procedure to melt and remove fat from abdomen ... used versed IV as anaesthesia, wasn't very effective, had a lot of pain and memory of procedure. Rash developed on my face around mouth, nose, and eyes ... getting worse over past 18 months.
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Ibuprofen, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a patient with Asthma, Migraines And Joint And Muscle Pain, Allergies. The patient has Aphasia
Comments: periodic/intermittent episodes of nominal aphasia. inability to recall names and words often used. sense of knowing the words but unable to retrieve them. episodes occur at random and vary in severity. no immediately obvious reasons nor any recent head traumas. rarely occurring moments where words d ...
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Montelukast Sodium for a patient with Eosinophilia, Asthma Aggravated. The patient has Muscle Aches, Muscle Fatigue, Numbness And Tingling
Comments: After a few weeks at 30mg/day of Prednisone I started to experience experience muscle fatigue and ache after only a short amount of walking. After a month later on 10mg of Prednisone I started to notice minor tingling and numbness in my feet, then ankles, and now further up my leg after about two we ...
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Rosuvastatin Calcium for a patient with Asthma, Hypercholesterolaemia. The patient has Epistaxis
Comments: Recurrent episodes, usually commencing evening or overnight approx. 3-4 weeks apart since winter started. Approx 6 episodes in total to date. Initially attributed to heating (dry air) evenings during winter, but now spring and no heating on for weeks. Last night bleeding occurred while asleep. No hy ...
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Prozac for a patient with Asthma, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Chest Tightness
Comments: Atelectasis (middle lobe) discovered on X-ray, have always been a controlled asthmatic bit for past 2 months tight chest, go treated for chondritis but still having the tightness with increased asthma. Am using celestamine which has had a moderate effect. What should I do?
More related studies for: Asthma, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Night Sweats and Prozac
- Morphine and Schizophrenia
- Atrial Fibrillation and Synthroid
- Celebrex and Aat Deficiency
- Does anyone have really bad burning sensation and extreme fatigue when jessners reapears?
when my jessners flares up I have an extreme burning sensa ... (1 hour ago)
- Cloxacillin and mefenamic can take at the same time
my husband suffering very pain from an motorcycles acciden ... (2 hours ago)
- Can drinking tea few days after having a depo provera shot lessen the effectivity of contraception?
Interaction of drinking tea 3 days after having depo-prove ... (4 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (19 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (23 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Crestor, Zopiclone, Ventolin, Atrovent Hfa, Escitalopram, Symbicort, Vitamin D, Celebrex for a 53-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Chronic Insomnia, Bronchial Asthma, Chronic Depression, COPD, Breast Cancer Her2+, Degenerative Joint Disease (16 minutes ago)
- Compare Atacand and Diovan for a 63-year old man (2 hours ago)
- Clonidine Hydrochloride for a 18-year old girl who has ADHD (2 hours ago)