Home > Asthma > Sweating - excessive > Asthma and Sweating - excessive
Review: could Asthma cause Sweating - excessive (Hyperhidrosis)?
We study 54,130 people who have Asthma from FDA and social media. Among them, 508 have Sweating - excessive (Hyperhidrosis). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Asthma and Sweating - excessive >>>
Asthma (latest reports from 278,015 patients) can be treated by Singulair, Symbicort, Advair Diskus 250/50, Albuterol Sulfate, Albuterol, Ventolin.
Sweating - excessive
Sweating - excessive (abnormally increased sweating) (latest reports from 297,886 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, high blood cholesterol.
On Sep, 15, 2014: 54,098 people who have asthma are studied. Among them, 508 (0.94%) have Sweating - Excessive.
Gender of people who have asthma and experienced Sweating - excessive * :
|Sweating - excessive||65.63%||34.37% |
Age of people who have asthma and experienced Sweating - excessive * :
|Sweating - excessive||0.31%||4.31%||4.62%||3.70%||7.40%||22.80%||23.88%||33.13% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||41.67%||41.67%||16.67% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (118 people, 23.23%)
- Depression (90 people, 17.72%)
- Pain (74 people, 14.57%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (52 people, 10.24%)
- Anxiety (52 people, 10.24%)
- Sleep disorder (46 people, 9.06%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (43 people, 8.46%)
- Back pain (39 people, 7.68%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (36 people, 7.09%)
- Prophylaxis (35 people, 6.89%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Albuterol (167 people, 32.87%)
- Singulair (158 people, 31.10%)
- Xolair (100 people, 19.69%)
- Omeprazole (76 people, 14.96%)
- Spiriva (76 people, 14.96%)
- Ventolin (69 people, 13.58%)
- Symbicort (61 people, 12.01%)
- Flovent (55 people, 10.83%)
- Prednisone (52 people, 10.24%)
- Nexium (48 people, 9.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Comments for this study:
eHealthMe support (2 years ago):
You can also get a personalized report here: http://www.ehealthme.com/drug_interactions_checker
Reply the comment
Carla Clark (2 years ago):
My son (8 years old) has asthma. Allergic to dust mites and cats. Also he has expercise induced asthma. He takes Flovent and Albuterol.
He head gets real sweaty when he gets hot or running around. Most kids that are running and playing with him don't even break a sweat, yet he's drenched in sweat.
Does the meds cause this? I am not getting a straight answer from the doctors on this one.
Please help or send me any info you can on other patients experiences.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Asthma and Sweating - Excessive?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Sweating - Excessive and Asthma
- support group for people who have Asthma
- support group for people who have Sweating - Excessive
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
Heat over 65 degrees, any type of activity, house cleaning, walking. etc. In a hurry, stress. This is so embarrassing. My hair becomes wet, sweat drips from my face and neck. People think I am nuts or coming off of drugs. has limited my activities due to embarrassment or can't stay dry enough to fix my hair. I have stopped wearing makeup all together as it just runs down my face. My Dr. will not listen to me. I think she believes I may "glisten" a little. I need help. Please!!!
Greg on Sep, 7, 2014:
Hello: I work for one neuro-oncologist by doing research, and become interested in investigating a "casual" relationship between severe head Perspiration with brain tumor. This is because one recent patient presented the same complaint to us and was found to have brain tumor. This Perspiration symptom, over 1 year, disappears after tumor was surgically removed.
I am not saying that you may have brain lesion, better do some further investigation include brain MRI. Some of the symptoms you mentioned could indicate some brain problem. Are you live in US? you can contact me if you like.
I am not practicing physician, but if you like to see my supervisor, neuro-oncologist, in Houston, I can arrange.
Thank you. Greg
landofoz on Aug, 25, 2014:
hi, Heat over 65 degrees, any type of activity, house cleaning, walking. etc. In a hurry, stress. This is so embarrassing. My hair becomes wet, sweat drips from my face and neck. People think I am nuts or coming off of drugs. has limited my activities due to embarrassment or can't stay dry enough to fix my hair. I have stopped wearing makeup all together as it just runs down my face. My Dr. will not listen to me. I think she believes I may "glisten" a little. I need help. Please!!!MY Reply to the above,
this is exactly how i feel, i went into the Bank one day when it was quite hot outside and my Hair was dripping i kept drying my face.Honestly i thought ,someone will think i am going to rob the bank. I am not ob Byetta i am on Lantos and i also live in Australia where the weather is very humid . i also suffer severe depression on top of this ,so i dont think there is much point of me changing from Lantus? Also cant believe the above person has the burning legs ,as i also have that 5 yrs now. what can i do? I am on 40units of lantus ,1500 Diabex i am 68 yrs of age living in Australia
From this study (2 years ago):
excessive sweating began approx 1 1/2 years agp
From this study (5 years ago):
can't stand it anymore,all these meds and nothing helps....too many meds, no cure and getting all side effects......
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can you split the tablet of limitical 200mg?
I have taken 150mg or 200mg of lamitical for 25 years. I am now spliting the 200 tablet in half to make 300mg. Started sweating big time.
- Excessive sweaty clammy skin and low energy
I have been experiencing profuse sweating. Clammy skin. I am very low energy. I do not sleep well and fatigued during the day. I am on many medications for Crohn's disease, arthritis, and other auto immune conditions.
- Any severe side effects with viibryd
I am having severe pain and pulsating reactions I palm of hands and back of legs. Also I have a lump in my neck after starting on 40 mgs of Viibryd. Is this a side effect?
More questions for: Asthma, Sweating - excessive
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Heavy sweating during sleep
Pain killers like Tylenol 3, vicodin 20 years, Valium and Soma 12 years. Sweat heavy during sleep.
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
- Savella & synthroid hell!
Within 15 minutes of taking Savella, the heat starts in my face and the sweating begins unrelentlessly. And the palpitations begin right away and later will be strong enough to wake me from sleep. Its horrible! I cant go anywhere! I cant tolerate any additional heat anywhere! And if I go out, I m ...
More reviews for: Asthma, Sweating - excessive
Common treatments for Asthma and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Asthma symptoms:
- Chronic Asthma in Asthma (7,768 reports)
- Breathing Difficulty in Asthma (7,031 reports)
- Drug Not Working in Asthma (5,824 reports)
- Cough in Asthma (3,657 reports)
- Chest Pain in Asthma (3,121 reports)
- Headaches in Asthma (2,381 reports)
- Weariness in Asthma (2,291 reports)
- Wheezing in Asthma (2,077 reports)
- Community-acquired Pneumonia in Asthma (2,068 reports)
- Dizziness in Asthma (2,062 reports)
Sweating - Excessive related symptom studies:
- Sweating - Excessive in Anxiety, apprehension, feeling uptight, jitters, stress, stress and anxiety, tension (1,445 reports)
- Sweating - Excessive in Blood pressure (2,361 reports)
- Sweating - Excessive in Depression (3,452 reports)
- Sweating - Excessive in Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (1,430 reports)
- Sweating - Excessive in Diabetes (988 reports)
- Sweating - Excessive in Hypercholesterolemia (1,439 reports)
- Sweating - Excessive in Hypertension (2,469 reports)
- Sweating - Excessive in Ms (1,251 reports)
- Sweating - Excessive in Pain (2,669 reports)
- Sweating - Excessive in Rheumatoid arthritis (1,239 reports)
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.