Would you have Cough when you have Atrial fibrillation?
Summary: Cough is found among people with Atrial fibrillation, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have High blood pressure, and take medication Digoxin. We study 613 people who have Cough and Atrial fibrillation from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who have Atrial fibrillation and Cough >>>
Personalized health information: on eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA and social media since 1977. Our tools are free and anonymous. 66 million people have used us. 200+ peer-reviewed medical journals have referenced our original studies. Start now >>>
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) can be treated by Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin, Flecainide Acetate, Digoxin, Sotalol Hydrochloride, Pradaxa. (latest reports from 87,313 Atrial Fibrillation patients)
Cough has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 75,708 Cough patients)
On Apr, 25, 2015: 613 people who have atrial fibrillation and Cough are studied.
Gender of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Cough * :
Age of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Cough * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (169 people, 27.57%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (78 people, 12.72%)
- Prophylaxis (61 people, 9.95%)
- Hypothyroidism (32 people, 5.22%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (28 people, 4.57%)
- Atrial flutter (24 people, 3.92%)
- Depression (23 people, 3.75%)
- Cardiac failure congestive (22 people, 3.59%)
- Cardiac disorder (21 people, 3.43%)
- Asthma (20 people, 3.26%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Digoxin (230 people, 37.52%)
- Pradaxa (202 people, 32.95%)
- Aspirin (155 people, 25.29%)
- Warfarin sodium (150 people, 24.47%)
- Coumadin (117 people, 19.09%)
- Lisinopril (96 people, 15.66%)
- Multaq (92 people, 15.01%)
- Lasix (81 people, 13.21%)
- Furosemide (69 people, 11.26%)
- Lipitor (68 people, 11.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of atrial fibrillation and cough on
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation and Cough?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who have Cough and Atrial fibrillation
- support group for people who have Atrial fibrillation
- support group for people who have Cough
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Browse all Atrial fibrillation symptoms:
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has losartan caused loss of smell/taste in anyone else? (1 answer)
Second day on Losartan, I got a sensation like toothpicks in my throat, which gave me a dry, hacking cough. Quit taking Losartan on day 5, but cough continues. By day 9, cough was moving to my chest. Today, on day 11, I've lost my sense of smell and sense of taste. Has anybody else had these reactio ...
- Can an 83 year old man with mds (rars with sideroblasts) use vaigra for eretie dysfunction
I have erectile dysfunction and I am considering using viagra or similar drug treatment. Is this suitable for me or should I accept the fact that at my age I have to learn to live without sex,
- Should i take omerprazol and digoxin at different times or together (1 answer)
should I take digoxin and omeprazole at different times
- What are the effects on the blood of taking cellcept and xarelto? i have pulmonary fibrosis and take xarelto for atrial fibrillation.
CellCept has an effect on the blood (hematologic effects). I have been taking xarelto for intermittent atrial fibrillation and want to know if there are problems taking it with CellCept. Would it be better to be on Coumadin instead of xarelto?
- What are the medicines you can take for a cold or/and flu who is taking pradaxa?
I am taking all of the meds listed especially the newest drug, Pradaxa, which my Primary Doctor knows nothing about. He said since it is new there is no data out there on other medicines you can use with Pradaxa. I have now got the Flu and he doesn't know of any medication I can take with me taking ...
More questions for: Atrial fibrillation, Cough
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Excessive nose bleeding
I am experiencing excessive nose bleeds since taking xarelto. How common is this and is there a problem taking lisinopril and this drug?
- Keppra side effects , nasal congestion, coughing, no taste and smell, latyngitis
I have been on this drug for 4 months and have never felt so awful. I lost my sense of smell and taste right away. My nose is always congested. This past weekend I lost my voice.
I can not sleep due to either my nose totally blocked or running like a tap.
Some days I ache like I have a ...
- Furosemide - joint pain
I went for my 6 months regular check up for my Atrial Fibr. on Dec. 15. The Dr. said everything is fine. I should have left it at that, but I told her my feet and ankles are puffy. She increased the furosemide pill from 20 units to 40 units. I must say I had been taking furosemide for a coupl ...
- Atrial fibrilation caused by levoflacin
Have twice used levoflaxin 500 for diverticulitis both times resulted in flutter and atrial fibrillation. I have a history of a fib and have had an ablation. I don't recommend this drug if you have a history, or are prone to it
- Cardio version caused fingernail abnormalities
Right hip fracture. When prepping for surgery AFIB was found. Surgery was cancelled and they attempted to get AFIB under control. Finally, cardioversion was performed. When my nails started to grow out they all had two horizontal lines that cause the nail to break when it grows out to that point.
More reviews for: Atrial fibrillation, Cough
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 year ago):
For 2 weeks
From this study (1 year ago):
Just a slight cough, non-productive, involuntary
From this study (1 year ago):
do these meds agree with each other is there anything negative here
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.