Review: could Atrial fibrillation cause Cough?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 17, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.2/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 41,472 people who have Atrial fibrillation. Among them, 581 experience Cough. See who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Atrial fibrillation (latest reports from 370,358 patients) is typically treated by Coumadin, Warfarin Sodium, Flecainide Acetate, Digoxin, Pradaxa, Sotalol Hydrochloride.
Cough (latest reports from 469,998 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Feb, 17, 2014: 41,435 people who have atrial fibrillation are studied. Among them, 581 (1.40%) have Cough.
Gender of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Cough * :
Age of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Cough * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (166 people, 28.57%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (75 people, 12.91%)
- Prophylaxis (60 people, 10.33%)
- Hypothyroidism (30 people, 5.16%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (28 people, 4.82%)
- Depression (23 people, 3.96%)
- Asthma (20 people, 3.44%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (18 people, 3.10%)
- Cardiac failure congestive (17 people, 2.93%)
- Cardiac disorder (17 people, 2.93%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Digoxin (228 people, 39.24%)
- Pradaxa (196 people, 33.73%)
- Warfarin sodium (149 people, 25.65%)
- Aspirin (144 people, 24.78%)
- Coumadin (114 people, 19.62%)
- Lisinopril (92 people, 15.83%)
- Multaq (86 people, 14.80%)
- Lasix (73 people, 12.56%)
- Furosemide (69 people, 11.88%)
- Lipitor (66 people, 11.36%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Atrial fibrillation, Cough
You can also:
Common treatments for Atrial Fibrillation and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Browse all Atrial fibrillation symptoms from A to Z:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 weeks ago):
Just a slight cough, non-productive, involuntary
From this study (2 months ago):
do these meds agree with each other is there anything negative here
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Atrial fibrillation, Cough
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Mental or emotional symptoms of warfarin sodium
Took Coumadin or Warfarin sodium for 18 years it introduced some strange behaviors causing the people around me to think it was caused by the small stroke I had (why I was put on Coumadin). I was switched to Xarelto and within a few days I could remember the things I had been doing and thinking abo ...
- Mucinex dm caused balance problems
I bought Mucinex Dm to treat mild symptoms of sore throat and cough. I was following the instructions precisely of the time and the dosages needed. After two days in taking the medication I started to experience balance problems. Suddenly I would feel unsteady and dizzy, and had the feeling that I w ...
- Shortness in breath in day quil
I do have allergies and asthma but only a cough at the time. I took DayQuil and within 10 min I stopped coughing. I was relieved. After about 20 min, my chest tightened and it was hard to breathe. I used my inhaler 2 times with 1 min intervals. It took about 5 min or so to breathe normally. Now I'm ...
More reviews for: Atrial fibrillation, Cough
Recent related drug studies on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Levothyroxine Sodium, Crestor, Carbidopa And Levodopa, Nitrostat, Nifedipine, Clopidogrel, Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide, Famotidine, Potassium Chloride, Xarelto, Multaq for a patient with Allergy, Low Thyroid, High Blood Cholesterol, Restless Leg Syndrome, Heart Attack, High Blood Pressure, Atrial Fibrillation, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Xarelto, Simvastatin, Digoxin, Cardizem, Magnesium Oxide, Metoprolol Succinate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Klor-con, Furosemide for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Pressure, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Pradaxa, Oil Of Oregano, Prednisone for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation, Cryptogenic Organising Pneumonia. The patient has Cough
More related studies for: Atrial fibrillation, Cough
Recent Atrial Fibrillation related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Atrial fibrillation, Cough
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.