Home > Atrial fibrillation > Cough > Atrial fibrillation and Cough
Review: could Atrial fibrillation cause Cough?
We study 41,644 people who have Atrial fibrillation from FDA and social media. Among them, 612 have Cough. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) (latest reports from 385,824 patients) can be treated by Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin, Flecainide Acetate, Sotalol Hydrochloride, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Digoxin.
Cough (latest reports from 488,304 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Sep, 12, 2014: 41,633 people who have atrial fibrillation are studied. Among them, 612 (1.47%) have Cough.
Gender of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Cough * :
Age of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Cough * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (169 people, 27.61%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (78 people, 12.75%)
- Prophylaxis (61 people, 9.97%)
- Hypothyroidism (32 people, 5.23%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (28 people, 4.58%)
- Atrial flutter (24 people, 3.92%)
- Depression (23 people, 3.76%)
- Cardiac failure congestive (22 people, 3.59%)
- Cardiac disorder (21 people, 3.43%)
- Asthma (20 people, 3.27%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Digoxin (230 people, 37.58%)
- Pradaxa (202 people, 33.01%)
- Aspirin (155 people, 25.33%)
- Warfarin sodium (150 people, 24.51%)
- Coumadin (117 people, 19.12%)
- Lisinopril (96 people, 15.69%)
- Multaq (92 people, 15.03%)
- Lasix (81 people, 13.24%)
- Furosemide (69 people, 11.27%)
- Lipitor (68 people, 11.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation and Cough?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Cough and Atrial fibrillation
- group for people who have Atrial fibrillation
- group for people who have Cough
Comments from related studies:
From this study (7 months ago):
Just a slight cough, non-productive, involuntary
From this study (8 months ago):
do these meds agree with each other is there anything negative here
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Atrial fibrillation, Cough
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Levaquin and confusion symptoms
Confusion. Stopped dosage at day 6 of 7; prescribed 500 mg. 1 daily. I thought the confusion was from the weeks of pretty severe coughing symptoms, associated with the sinusitus - thought maybe from a lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe well for so long. I finally stopped the med. when ...
- Hydrocodone and a-fib
After having two strokes and was given pain and burning on my right side but still had full use of limbs and speech, memory etc. That was in 2003 and I still have the pain and burning in my larger muscle groups every day, every hour of the day. I have tried the many different pain management progr ...
More reviews for: Atrial fibrillation, Cough
Common treatments for Atrial Fibrillation and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Atrial fibrillation symptoms:
- International Normalised Ratio Increased in Atrial fibrillation (3,119 reports)
- Dyspnea in Atrial fibrillation (2,416 reports)
- Lightheadedness in Atrial fibrillation (2,366 reports)
- Muscle Weakness in Atrial fibrillation (2,204 reports)
- Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage in Atrial fibrillation (2,173 reports)
- Nausea in Atrial fibrillation (1,946 reports)
- Weariness in Atrial fibrillation (1,908 reports)
- Stools - Watery in Atrial fibrillation (1,783 reports)
- Fall in Atrial fibrillation (1,617 reports)
- Lower Blood Pressure in Atrial fibrillation (1,560 reports)
Cough related symptom studies:
- Cough in Asthma (3,655 reports)
- Cough in Blood cholesterol abnormal (1,817 reports)
- Cough in Blood pressure (4,437 reports)
- Cough in Chronic obstructive airway disease (1,466 reports)
- Cough in Depression (1,472 reports)
- Cough in Hypertension (4,868 reports)
- Cough in Multiple sclerosis (1,673 reports)
- Cough in Osteoporosis (2,512 reports)
- Cough in Pain (1,690 reports)
- Cough in Ra (4,971 reports)
Atrial Fibrillation is also known as: A-fib, Atrial Flutter, Atrial fibrillation/flutter, Auricular fibrillation, Heart Fibrillation.
Cough is also known as: Coughing.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.