Review: could Atrial fibrillation cause Diarrhea?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 5, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.5/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 41,472 people who have Atrial fibrillation. Among them, 1,779 experience Diarrhea. See who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Atrial fibrillation (latest reports from 370,446 patients) is typically treated by Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin, Digoxin, Flecainide Acetate, Pradaxa, Sotalol Hydrochloride.
Diarrhea (latest reports from 1,081,273 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, acupuncture and pain, pain relief by acupuncture.
On Mar, 5, 2014: 41,458 people who have atrial fibrillation are studied. Among them, 1,779 (4.29%) have Diarrhea.
Gender of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Diarrhea * :
Age of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Diarrhea * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (708 people, 39.80%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (280 people, 15.74%)
- Prophylaxis (203 people, 11.41%)
- Hypothyroidism (180 people, 10.12%)
- Diabetes mellitus (155 people, 8.71%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (140 people, 7.87%)
- Cardiac disorder (103 people, 5.79%)
- Arthritis (86 people, 4.83%)
- Insomnia (83 people, 4.67%)
- Depression (80 people, 4.50%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Pradaxa (1,118 people, 62.84%)
- Digoxin (584 people, 32.83%)
- Aspirin (398 people, 22.37%)
- Coumadin (364 people, 20.46%)
- Warfarin sodium (289 people, 16.25%)
- Multaq (280 people, 15.74%)
- Lasix (259 people, 14.56%)
- Lisinopril (255 people, 14.33%)
- Furosemide (246 people, 13.83%)
- Simvastatin (204 people, 11.47%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Atrial fibrillation, Diarrhea
You can also:
Common treatments for Atrial Fibrillation and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Browse all Atrial fibrillation symptoms from A to Z:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 months ago):
Symptoms vary, but throat swelling has worsened. Each time medication is adjusted, symptoms increase. Overdose on Levothyroxine (double dosage) was severe enough to cause inability to walk barely a few steps, followed by diarrhea, stomach cramps and flu like symptoms that lasted a week or more.
From this study (10 months ago):
Also take glucosamine and chondroitin for osteoarthritis and vitamin B complex
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Atrial fibrillation, Diarrhea
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Mental or emotional symptoms of warfarin sodium
Took Coumadin or Warfarin sodium for 18 years it introduced some strange behaviors causing the people around me to think it was caused by the small stroke I had (why I was put on Coumadin). I was switched to Xarelto and within a few days I could remember the things I had been doing and thinking abo ...
- Levitra affect on atrail fibrulation
On Levitra 4 days 20mg for prostate issues AF flated up after the fourth day. Urine flow was back to normal after a month on antibiotic, enlarged Protate.
No affect on increasing ER.
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems ...
More reviews for: Atrial fibrillation, Diarrhea
Recent related drug studies on eHealthMe:
- A study of side effects of Xarelto for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Loose Bowel Movements (weak bowel movement)
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Spironolactone, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation, Cardiomyopathy, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Edema (Swelling), Hair Loss, Constipation, Diarrhea, Hoarseness, Shortness Of Breath (Breathing difficulty), Stomach Cramps, Indigestion, Swelling
- A study of drug interactions between Pradaxa, Simvastatin, Tambocor, Accuretic, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Diarrhoea (Diarrhea)
More related studies for: Atrial fibrillation, Diarrhea
Recent Atrial Fibrillation related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Atrial fibrillation, Diarrhea
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.