Home > Atrial fibrillation > Diarrhea > Atrial fibrillation and Diarrhea
Would you have Diarrhea when you have Atrial fibrillation?
Summary: Diarrhea is found among people with Atrial fibrillation, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have Hypertension, and take medication Pradaxa.
We study 1,783 people who have Diarrhea and Atrial fibrillation from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Atrial fibrillation and Diarrhea >>>
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) (latest reports from 382,143 patients) can be treated by Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin, Flecainide Acetate, Digoxin, Sotalol Hydrochloride, Pradaxa.
Diarrhea (latest reports from 1,112,588 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 1,783 people who have atrial fibrillation and Diarrhea are studied.
Gender of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Diarrhea * :
Age of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Diarrhea * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (708 people, 39.71%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (280 people, 15.70%)
- Prophylaxis (203 people, 11.39%)
- Hypothyroidism (182 people, 10.21%)
- Diabetes mellitus (155 people, 8.69%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (140 people, 7.85%)
- Cardiac disorder (103 people, 5.78%)
- Atrial flutter (96 people, 5.38%)
- Arthritis (86 people, 4.82%)
- Insomnia (83 people, 4.66%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Pradaxa (1,118 people, 62.70%)
- Digoxin (584 people, 32.75%)
- Aspirin (399 people, 22.38%)
- Coumadin (364 people, 20.42%)
- Warfarin sodium (290 people, 16.26%)
- Multaq (280 people, 15.70%)
- Lasix (261 people, 14.64%)
- Lisinopril (255 people, 14.30%)
- Furosemide (246 people, 13.80%)
- Simvastatin (204 people, 11.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation and Diarrhea?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Diarrhea and Atrial fibrillation
- support group for people who have Atrial fibrillation
- support group for people who have Diarrhea
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have a-fib after taking benadryl. i've been off it for a few days, but flutters remain. how long does it last?
(Asked by a 86 year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, and takes Benadryl)
I took 6 pills a day for a week, have been off medication for several days, but A-Fib symptoms continue.
- Dabigatran,rivaroxaban, apixaban (eliquis) or aspirin - which is most suitable for a patient with af (atrial fibrilation), left subdural hematoma, right ischemic stroke with hemorehagic transformation
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder, Ischemic CVA Stroke With Hemorrhagic Transformation, Chronic Subdural Hematoma (Left), High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation)
My grandmother have Atrial Fibrillation (AF) and suffered a ischemic CVA stroke with hemorrhagic transformation on right brain this week. She also had left sudural hematoma for some time now, due to which Asprin (ecospirin-75) that she was taking because of her AF was stopped and I believe that stop ...
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Will marijuana trigger my afib
(Asked by a 67 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter)
When I smoke pot will this aggravate my afib? This occurred last night after smoking a one hitter a couple of times and lasted 4-5 hours.
- Are atrial fibrillation and erectile dysfunction related?
(Asked by a 80 year old man who has Erectile Dysfunction, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
I want to know whether those who have atrial fibrillation also suffer from erectile dysfunction, or vice-versa.
More questions for: Atrial fibrillation, Diarrhea
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Turmeric and atrial fabrillation
(Posted by a 69 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, and takes Turmeric)
I am a "health nut" who has always avoided any and all tobacco and alcohol, am on no medication, am on a reasonably purer diet (organic foods etc.,) and daily take and assortment of vitamins, minerals and a few herbs like garlic and saw palmetto. I had recently began taking therapeutic doses of Tur ...
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
(Posted by a 89 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Pradaxa, Multaq)
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Hydrocodone and a-fib
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has A-fib)
After having two strokes and was given pain and burning on my right side but still had full use of limbs and speech, memory etc. That was in 2003 and I still have the pain and burning in my larger muscle groups every day, every hour of the day. I have tried the many different pain management progr ...
- Mental or emotional symptoms of warfarin sodium
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Stoke, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin)
Took Coumadin or Warfarin sodium for 18 years it introduced some strange behaviors causing the people around me to think it was caused by the small stroke I had (why I was put on Coumadin). I was switched to Xarelto and within a few days I could remember the things I had been doing and thinking abo ...
- Levitra affect on atrail fibrulation
(Posted by a 75 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Levitra)
On Levitra 4 days 20mg for prostate issues AF flated up after the fourth day. Urine flow was back to normal after a month on antibiotic, enlarged Protate.
No affect on increasing ER.
More reviews for: Atrial fibrillation, Diarrhea
- A study of side effects of Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a patient with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: I have been on various SSRI drugs over the years of suffering Bipolar2. Recently I was prescribed Paxil and within 3 weeks was suffering chronic diarrhea after a very sudden onset. I carried on suffering and then decided to come off of the Paxil. I do not have insurance and have weened myself off of ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, Vivelle-dot, Leflunomide, Effexor, Topamax, Enbrel for a patient with Anxiety, Hormone Replacement Therapy, Psoriatic Arthritis, Depression, Migraine - Classic. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: I have been on Enbrel 50 mg per wk for just over 1 yr. In April 2014, I was awaiting my shipment of meds via UPS, when they arrived I was in the restroom and was unable to get to the door in time. The UPS driver left a note that they would return tomorrow with my box. The next day the UPS driver a ...
- A study of side effects of Gleevec for a patient with Chordoma. The patient has Diarrhea, Loss Of Appetite (lack of feeling to eat), Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Anger
Comments: I've been taking Gleevec for almost 3 weeks now, and I've found myself becoming angry very easily. I've always been a very laid back person and now I find myself screaming at family members when they do something as simple as not doing something to my liking. It seems so silly. After lashing out at ...
- A study of side effects of Clopidogrel for a patient with Heart Disease - Aging. The patient has Diarrhoea
Comments: I was first prescribed Plavix/Clopidogrel eight years ago when I suffered three slight heart attacks. All went well until August last year, when I started to suffer bouts of diarrhoea on a regular basis. As I was also on prescription for Pantoprazol in the treatment of Barretts Oesophagus, I put my ...
- A study of drug interactions between Loperamide Hydrochloride, Naltrexone Hydrochloride for a patient with IBS, Alcohol Dependence. The patient has Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Diarrhea, Hypertension - Medication Related, Vomiting Projectile
Comments: Alcohol withdrawal was almost complete when the doc decided to order my first Revia pill. The reaction was almost immediately after I swallowed it. What I couldn't find a word for in the adverse outcome drop-down list was a feeling of heat or acid burn starting in my midsection then radiating out ...
More related studies for: Atrial fibrillation, Diarrhea
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.