Review: could Atrial fibrillation cause Diarrhea?
We study 41,640 people who have Atrial fibrillation from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,783 have Diarrhea. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Atrial fibrillation and Diarrhea >>>
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) (latest reports from 385,824 patients) can be treated by Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin, Flecainide Acetate, Sotalol Hydrochloride, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Digoxin.
Diarrhea (latest reports from 1,096,425 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, depression.
On Sep, 13, 2014: 41,633 people who have atrial fibrillation are studied. Among them, 1,783 (4.28%) have Diarrhea.
Gender of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Diarrhea * :
Age of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Diarrhea * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (708 people, 39.71%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (280 people, 15.70%)
- Prophylaxis (203 people, 11.39%)
- Hypothyroidism (182 people, 10.21%)
- Diabetes mellitus (155 people, 8.69%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (140 people, 7.85%)
- Cardiac disorder (103 people, 5.78%)
- Atrial flutter (96 people, 5.38%)
- Arthritis (86 people, 4.82%)
- Insomnia (83 people, 4.66%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Pradaxa (1,118 people, 62.70%)
- Digoxin (584 people, 32.75%)
- Aspirin (399 people, 22.38%)
- Coumadin (364 people, 20.42%)
- Warfarin sodium (290 people, 16.26%)
- Multaq (280 people, 15.70%)
- Lasix (261 people, 14.64%)
- Lisinopril (255 people, 14.30%)
- Furosemide (246 people, 13.80%)
- Simvastatin (204 people, 11.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Diarrhea and Atrial fibrillation
- group for people who have Atrial fibrillation
- group for people who have Diarrhea
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
diarrhea is moderate, but at times, severe with cramps
From this study (2 months ago):
skin rashes, dry skin,hair loss, increased appetite, low energy
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Atrial fibrillation, Diarrhea
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Hydrocodone and a-fib
After having two strokes and was given pain and burning on my right side but still had full use of limbs and speech, memory etc. That was in 2003 and I still have the pain and burning in my larger muscle groups every day, every hour of the day. I have tried the many different pain management progr ...
- Mental or emotional symptoms of warfarin sodium
Took Coumadin or Warfarin sodium for 18 years it introduced some strange behaviors causing the people around me to think it was caused by the small stroke I had (why I was put on Coumadin). I was switched to Xarelto and within a few days I could remember the things I had been doing and thinking abo ...
More reviews for: Atrial fibrillation, Diarrhea
Common treatments for Atrial Fibrillation and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Atrial fibrillation symptoms:
- Heart Fibrillation in Atrial fibrillation (3,914 reports)
- International Normalised Ratio Increased in Atrial fibrillation (3,119 reports)
- Dyspnea in Atrial fibrillation (2,416 reports)
- Lightheadedness in Atrial fibrillation (2,366 reports)
- Lack Of Strength in Atrial fibrillation (2,204 reports)
- Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage in Atrial fibrillation (2,173 reports)
- Nausea in Atrial fibrillation (1,946 reports)
- Tiredness in Atrial fibrillation (1,908 reports)
- Diarrhoea in Atrial fibrillation (1,782 reports)
- Fall in Atrial fibrillation (1,617 reports)
Diarrhea related symptom studies:
- Diarrhea in Blood pressure increased (7,882 reports)
- Diarrhea in Blood pressure (7,465 reports)
- Diarrhea in Blood triglycerides abnormal (3,936 reports)
- Diarrhea in Depression (4,494 reports)
- Diarrhea in Inflammatory bowel disease - crohn's disease (3,665 reports)
- Diarrhea in Ms (3,260 reports)
- Diarrhea in Osteoporosis (4,399 reports)
- Diarrhea in Pain (4,528 reports)
- Diarrhea in Rheumatoid arthritis (4,566 reports)
- Diarrhea in Type 2 diabetes mellitus (4,280 reports)
Atrial Fibrillation is also known as: A-fib, Atrial Flutter, Atrial fibrillation/flutter, Auricular fibrillation, Heart Fibrillation.
Diarrhea is also known as: Diarrhoea, Frequent bowel movements, Loose bowel movements, Stools - watery.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.