Review: could Atrial fibrillation cause Erectile dysfunction (Erection problems)?
We study 41,640 people who have Atrial fibrillation from FDA and social media. Among them, 96 have Erectile dysfunction (Erection problems). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Atrial fibrillation and Erectile dysfunction >>>
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) (latest reports from 385,824 patients) can be treated by Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin, Flecainide Acetate, Sotalol Hydrochloride, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Digoxin.
Erectile dysfunction (latest reports from 136,560 patients) has been reported by people with erection problems, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, hair loss.
On Sep, 14, 2014: 41,640 people who have atrial fibrillation are studied. Among them, 96 (0.23%) have Erectile Dysfunction.
Age of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Erectile dysfunction * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.04%||6.12%||18.37%||74.49% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erectile dysfunction||2.86%||48.57%||45.71%||2.86% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (18 people, 18.75%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (8 people, 8.33%)
- Multiple myeloma (7 people, 7.29%)
- Osteoporosis (7 people, 7.29%)
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter (7 people, 7.29%)
- Hypertonic bladder (6 people, 6.25%)
- Mitral valve prolapse (6 people, 6.25%)
- Cardiac failure congestive (5 people, 5.21%)
- Depression (4 people, 4.17%)
- Anxiety (3 people, 3.12%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Coumadin (25 people, 26.04%)
- Digoxin (22 people, 22.92%)
- Warfarin sodium (20 people, 20.83%)
- Coreg (18 people, 18.75%)
- Aspirin (18 people, 18.75%)
- Viagra (15 people, 15.62%)
- Lipitor (15 people, 15.62%)
- Zocor (14 people, 14.58%)
- Prilosec (12 people, 12.50%)
- Amoxicillin (12 people, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction and Atrial fibrillation
- group for people who have Atrial fibrillation
- group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
Erection happens but does not get fully hard and dissipates very quickly. Has gotten more obvious over the past 5 yrs.
From this study (8 months ago):
Unable to reach orgasm state therefore no ejaculation, and erection starts to go, though that part can be rectified to a degree. This has been getting steadily worse over the last few months.
From this study (10 months ago):
shortage of breath flatulence
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Atrial fibrillation, Erectile dysfunction
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
- Prednisone causes erection and ejaculant increases
I am being treated for a lung infection and swelling in the lung with Prednisone. After just the first day I awake with a full erection and increased ejaculation.
I don't like the Viagra's side affects! Such as facial flush and head ache and unlike Prednisone, Viagra does not help increase my ...
More reviews for: Atrial fibrillation, Erectile dysfunction
Common treatments for Atrial Fibrillation and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Atrial fibrillation symptoms:
- International Normalised Ratio Increased in Atrial fibrillation (3,119 reports)
- Breathing Difficulty in Atrial fibrillation (2,416 reports)
- Vertigo in Atrial fibrillation (2,366 reports)
- Weakness in Atrial fibrillation (2,204 reports)
- Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage in Atrial fibrillation (2,173 reports)
- Nausea in Atrial fibrillation (1,946 reports)
- Fatigue in Atrial fibrillation (1,908 reports)
- Diarrhoea in Atrial fibrillation (1,783 reports)
- Fall in Atrial fibrillation (1,617 reports)
- Hypotension in Atrial fibrillation (1,560 reports)
Erectile Dysfunction related symptom studies:
Atrial Fibrillation is also known as: A-fib, Atrial Flutter, Atrial fibrillation/flutter, Auricular fibrillation, Heart Fibrillation.
Erectile Dysfunction is also known as: Drugs that may cause impotence, ED, Erectile Disturbance, Erection problems, Impotence, Impotence and age, Sexual Dysfunction, Sexual dysfunction - male.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.