Home > Atrial fibrillation > Erectile dysfunction > Atrial fibrillation and Erectile dysfunction
Would you have Erectile dysfunction (Erection problems) when you have Atrial fibrillation?
Summary: Erectile dysfunction is found among people with Atrial fibrillation, especially people who are male, 60+ old, also have Hypertension, and take medication Coumadin.
We study 96 people who have Erectile dysfunction (Erection problems) and Atrial fibrillation from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Atrial fibrillation and Erectile dysfunction >>>
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) (latest reports from 84,600 patients) can be treated by Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin, Flecainide Acetate, Digoxin, Sotalol Hydrochloride, Pradaxa.
Erectile dysfunction (latest reports from 130,384 patients) has been reported by people with erection problems, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, pain.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 96 people who have atrial fibrillation and Erectile Dysfunction are studied.
Age of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Erectile dysfunction * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.02%||6.06%||18.18%||73.74% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erectile dysfunction||2.86%||48.57%||45.71%||2.86% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (18 people, 18.75%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (8 people, 8.33%)
- Multiple myeloma (7 people, 7.29%)
- Osteoporosis (7 people, 7.29%)
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter (7 people, 7.29%)
- Hypertonic bladder (6 people, 6.25%)
- Mitral valve prolapse (6 people, 6.25%)
- Cardiac failure congestive (5 people, 5.21%)
- Depression (4 people, 4.17%)
- Anxiety (3 people, 3.12%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Coumadin (25 people, 26.04%)
- Digoxin (22 people, 22.92%)
- Warfarin sodium (20 people, 20.83%)
- Coreg (18 people, 18.75%)
- Aspirin (18 people, 18.75%)
- Viagra (15 people, 15.62%)
- Lipitor (15 people, 15.62%)
- Zocor (14 people, 14.58%)
- Prilosec (12 people, 12.50%)
- Amoxicillin (12 people, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation and Erectile Dysfunction?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction and Atrial fibrillation
- support group for people who have Atrial fibrillation
- support group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can enoxaparin be cause of impotence
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Erectile Dysfunction, and takes Enoxaparin Sodium)
I was active in sex relationship and performing sufficiently well. Because of a plane trip I was given one injection of Enoxaparin (Clexane' 40mg) for thrombosis prevention. I noticed a lack of libido and impotence . After one month I was given the second injection for the return trip. For the first ...
- I have a-fib after taking benadryl. i've been off it for a few days, but flutters remain. how long does it last?
(Asked by a 86 year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, and takes Benadryl)
I took 6 pills a day for a week, have been off medication for several days, but A-Fib symptoms continue.
- Dabigatran,rivaroxaban, apixaban (eliquis) or aspirin - which is most suitable for a patient with af (atrial fibrilation), left subdural hematoma, right ischemic stroke with hemorehagic transformation
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder, Ischemic CVA Stroke With Hemorrhagic Transformation, Chronic Subdural Hematoma (Left), High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation)
My grandmother have Atrial Fibrillation (AF) and suffered a ischemic CVA stroke with hemorrhagic transformation on right brain this week. She also had left sudural hematoma for some time now, due to which Asprin (ecospirin-75) that she was taking because of her AF was stopped and I believe that stop ...
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Will marijuana trigger my afib
(Asked by a 67 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter)
When I smoke pot will this aggravate my afib? This occurred last night after smoking a one hitter a couple of times and lasted 4-5 hours.
More questions for: Atrial fibrillation, Erectile dysfunction
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Erection Problems, Bad Dreams, Weight Loss, and takes Lisinopril, Lipitor)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lip ...
- Turmeric and atrial fabrillation
(Posted by a 69 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, and takes Turmeric)
I am a "health nut" who has always avoided any and all tobacco and alcohol, am on no medication, am on a reasonably purer diet (organic foods etc.,) and daily take and assortment of vitamins, minerals and a few herbs like garlic and saw palmetto. I had recently began taking therapeutic doses of Tur ...
- Blood in semen 3 times after taking viagra
(Posted by a 58 year old man who has Erectile Dysfunction, and takes Viagra)
On three separate occasions, after using Viagra, I had large amounts of blood in my semen. This condition slowed down but each time produced blood in ejaculate for a period of 3 months EACH TIME. I went to a doctor each time, was tested for everything, ultrasounds , prostate, infection, all came bac ...
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
(Posted by a 89 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Pradaxa, Multaq)
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Hallucination, Visual, Dissociative Identity Disorder, Disturbance In Attention, Dissociative Amnesia, Hypomania, Sexual Dysfunction, Hallucinations, Nightmares, Memory Loss, Memory Impairment, Tremor, Mydriasis, and takes Pristiq)
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
More reviews for: Atrial fibrillation, Erectile dysfunction
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Vyvanse for a patient with Bipolar Disorder, Adhd. The patient has Headache - Tension, Stomach Pain, Irritability, Sexual Dysfunction, Anxiety, Depression
Comments: I feel that i get depressed and anxiety when the medication wears off. Also the irritability does too. My biggest concern is the sexual dysfunction. I've been taking both medications for about a week now and its the first time I've experienced it. I cant even get myself hard and i feel that my penis ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Vyvanse for a patient with Bipolar 2, Adhd. The patient has Stress And Anxiety, Depression, Irritability, Sexual Dysfunction
Comments: It used to be so easy to get an erection. It would take a touch or quick rub to get hard...really hard .. After taking vyvanse and lamotrigine for about a week. I've gotten my first erectile dysfuntion. It took so long to get hard and i would barely even get hard. It was like a hard soft. I really d ...
- A study of drug interactions between Myrbetriq, Pradaxa, Mirtazapine, Lipitor, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Calcium, Namenda Xr, Exelon for a patient with Overactive Bladder, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Depression - Elderly, Lower Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis And Aging, Senile Dementia. The patient has Confusional State
Comments: My mother has overactive bladder symptoms. She has tried oxybutin, vesicare and now myrbetriq. She had increased confusion with oxybutin and vesicare...so we stopped taking them. Now she has been taking myrbetriq for a week now and I am wondering if I am seeing increased confusion again even thou ...
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Losartan, Metformin, Glyburide, Bystolic, Pradaxa for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Diabetic Coma, Blood Pressure Increased, A-fib. The patient has Leg Cramping, Weakness
Comments: I stop pradaxa a week before having pain shot for lower back pain. I have no pain or weakness for about a week after going back on pradaxa. This has happended three times now. Can't say for sure the pradaxa is the cause or if that is the amount of time the pain shot last.
- A study of drug interactions between Benazepril Hydrochloride, Coreg, Potassium Chloride, Furosemide, Eliquis for a patient with Hypertension, Congestive Heart Failure - Left, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Pulmonary Oedema Aggravated, Paroxysmal Arrhythmia
Comments: I have been wondering if hypokalemia and lifetime asymptomatic persistent chronic pvcs could have caused my recent AFIB episode. I take potassium to counter the potential potassium loss resulting from the furosemide / lasix.
I also exercise vigorously (cardio vascular heart rate - walking at 4 ...
More related studies for: Atrial fibrillation, Erectile dysfunction
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.