Would you have Erectile dysfunction (Erection problems) when you have Atrial fibrillation?
Summary: Erectile dysfunction is found among people with Atrial fibrillation, especially people who are male, 60+ old, also have Hypertension, and take medication Coumadin.
We study 94 people who have Erectile dysfunction (Erection problems) and Atrial fibrillation from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Atrial fibrillation and Erectile dysfunction >>>
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) can be treated by Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin, Flecainide Acetate, Digoxin, Sotalol Hydrochloride, Pradaxa. (latest reports from Atrial Fibrillation 84,600 patients)
Erectile dysfunction has been reported by people with erection problems, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, pain.(view latest reports from 30,109 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 96 people who have atrial fibrillation and Erectile Dysfunction are studied.
Age of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Erectile dysfunction * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.02%||6.06%||18.18%||73.74% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erectile dysfunction||2.86%||48.57%||45.71%||2.86% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (18 people, 18.75%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (8 people, 8.33%)
- Multiple myeloma (7 people, 7.29%)
- Osteoporosis (7 people, 7.29%)
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter (7 people, 7.29%)
- Hypertonic bladder (6 people, 6.25%)
- Mitral valve prolapse (6 people, 6.25%)
- Cardiac failure congestive (5 people, 5.21%)
- Depression (4 people, 4.17%)
- Anxiety (3 people, 3.12%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Coumadin (25 people, 26.04%)
- Digoxin (22 people, 22.92%)
- Warfarin sodium (20 people, 20.83%)
- Coreg (18 people, 18.75%)
- Aspirin (18 people, 18.75%)
- Viagra (15 people, 15.62%)
- Lipitor (15 people, 15.62%)
- Zocor (14 people, 14.58%)
- Prilosec (12 people, 12.50%)
- Amoxicillin (12 people, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation and Erectile Dysfunction?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction and Atrial fibrillation
- support group for people who have Atrial fibrillation
- support group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is cardioversion safe for someone who has cervical stenosis
I have cervical stenosis. C3 thru C6 are unstable and under doctors care. Is cardio version procedure to correct atrial fibulation safe for me to do have done?
- Can enoxaparin be cause of impotence
I was active in sex relationship and performing sufficiently well. Because of a plane trip I was given one injection of Enoxaparin (Clexane' 40mg) for thrombosis prevention. I noticed a lack of libido and impotence . After one month I was given the second injection for the return trip. For the first week I noticed a return of sex desires and good erection. After the second week I experience again lack of libido and full impotence which still persisting after 6 weeks from the return fight.
- I have a-fib after taking benadryl. i've been off it for a few days, but flutters remain. how long does it last?
I took 6 pills a day for a week, have been off medication for several days, but A-Fib symptoms continue.
- Dabigatran,rivaroxaban, apixaban (eliquis) or aspirin - which is most suitable for a patient with af (atrial fibrilation), left subdural hematoma, right ischemic stroke with hemorehagic transformation
My grandmother have Atrial Fibrillation (AF) and suffered a ischemic CVA stroke with hemorrhagic transformation on right brain this week. She also had left sudural hematoma for some time now, due to which Asprin (ecospirin-75) that she was taking because of her AF was stopped and I believe that stopping ecosirin resulted in a stroke (ischemic CVA stroke with hemorrhagic transformation on right brain this week). If Aspirin cannot be continued due to hematoma or heammorage, please suggest if there is any alternate treatment for AF, because if AF is not controlled then it might lead to another stroke. Are any of these medicines can give a soliution - Dabigatran,Rivaroxaban, Apixaban or is there any alternate treatment.
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid dreams that carry over when she awakens, or if she wakes up and sees visions. I do not want to change her meds, if possible. This combination of Aricept, Namenda and Lexapro have allowed her to be sharper mentally than she has in a number of years. Except for the hallucinations, it's been nothing short of amazing. Please help. Thank you
More questions for: Atrial fibrillation, Erectile dysfunction
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Cardio version caused fingernail abnormalities
Right hip fracture. When prepping for surgery AFIB was found. Surgery was cancelled and they attempted to get AFIB under control. Finally, cardioversion was performed. When my nails started to grow out they all had two horizontal lines that cause the nail to break when it grows out to that point.
- Tranxene and sexual problems
Tranxene 15 mg has taken them and will cause sexual dysfunction once have been off them for a week or so then begin to have normal sexual activity once back on them again cause the same problem again does not tell about the side effects on the pamplets.
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue (1 response)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lipitor was the cause,I stopped Lipitor 3 weeks later not losing weight ,bad dreams gone,feeling like myself again,hoping to regain the weight in time,Lisinpril 10 mg started two years ago ,has issues but did not connect until recently,3 months after taking started to have problems in the bedroom,only within the last 5 months did it occur to me was that was the cause of my sexual performance...had all test done testosterone ,blood work and all came back normal,stopped taking Lisinpril for 4 days a my manhood returned to normal!! Just spoke with doctor and says that shouldn't be????? Really ,he has since written me a new BP prescription,recent BP readings have been normal and will not take until BP rises....eating better ,with supplements ,,why Doctors don't believe the patient is incredulous ,thanks to sites like this people need to really question the health care their getting .....
- Turmeric and atrial fabrillation
I am a "health nut" who has always avoided any and all tobacco and alcohol, am on no medication, am on a reasonably purer diet (organic foods etc.,) and daily take and assortment of vitamins, minerals and a few herbs like garlic and saw palmetto. I had recently began taking therapeutic doses of Turmeric for its anti-inflammatory properties in both powered and capsule forms--(powdered form for approximately two to three weeks--one teaspoon twice daily; capsule form for approximately three or four days--one capsule twice daily.) On the day in question, I took one teaspoon of the powered form of turmeric with a late lunch and left off the capsule form. I jog/walk two or three miles intermittently and roughly twice a week. Into the second mile of a three mile jog/walk that night,I experienced an unusual weakness and fatigue, stopped after the second mile and pulse was over 200. I had sweated a lot and after resting a while, I walked the third mile back home and showered. I was unable to sleep. My heart was in atrial fibrillation which was diagnosed hours later at the local Medical Center ER. Heart rate was fluctuating in the 150-170 range and was brought down to 100-120 range with I.V. medication but stayed in that range. Exactly 11 hours after its beginning and with virtually no sleep for over 24 hours and after drinking only water but with very little food and no vitamin or Turmeric consumption, immediately after standing up for the third time in four or five hours to go to the bathroom, I suddenly converted back to a normal heart rate which is 60 to 70 beats a minute and was released from the medical center seven hours later. Plan to stop taking all forms of Turmeric.
- Blood in semen 3 times after taking viagra
On three separate occasions, after using Viagra, I had large amounts of blood in my semen. This condition slowed down but each time produced blood in ejaculate for a period of 3 months EACH TIME. I went to a doctor each time, was tested for everything, ultrasounds , prostate, infection, all came back normal. PSA low etc. Each incident I took a Viagra and during sex I ejaculated semen. I waited a month, masturbated and everything was fine,, had sex and there was red blood in my precum. Finally after 3 months it stopped. The second time it occurred I was concerned and went back to the doctor to be told I was fine. The third time, it was directly related to Viagra. I can take Cialis without a problem. No one seems to say it is the Viagra,,, except my body
More reviews for: Atrial fibrillation, Erectile dysfunction
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- 1 year i keeped sexuals affairs with my wife and i didnt have problems but after i took ventolin i can t performe a full acte... is it normal? what can i do? how much time does the ventolin stay on the system? thanks
- I feel that i get depressed and anxiety when the medication wears off. Also the irritability does too. My biggest concern is the sexual dysfunction. I've been taking both medications for about a week now and its the first time I've experienced it. I cant even get myself hard and i feel that my penis ...
- It used to be so easy to get an erection. It would take a touch or quick rub to get hard...really hard .. After taking vyvanse and lamotrigine for about a week. I've gotten my first erectile dysfuntion. It took so long to get hard and i would barely even get hard. It was like a hard soft. I really d ...
- My mother has overactive bladder symptoms. She has tried oxybutin, vesicare and now myrbetriq. She had increased confusion with oxybutin and vesicare...so we stopped taking them. Now she has been taking myrbetriq for a week now and I am wondering if I am seeing increased confusion again even thou ...
- I stop pradaxa a week before having pain shot for lower back pain. I have no pain or weakness for about a week after going back on pradaxa. This has happended three times now. Can't say for sure the pradaxa is the cause or if that is the amount of time the pain shot last.
More related studies for: Atrial fibrillation, Erectile dysfunction
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.