Review: could Atrial fibrillation cause Erectile dysfunction?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 7, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.5/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 41,472 people who have Atrial fibrillation. Among them, 92 experience Erectile dysfunction (Erection problems). See who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Atrial fibrillation (latest reports from 369,335 patients) is typically treated by Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin, Digoxin, Flecainide Acetate, Pradaxa, Sotalol Hydrochloride.
Erectile dysfunction (latest reports from 128,960 patients) has been reported by people with erection problems, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain.
On Mar, 7, 2014: 41,458 people who have atrial fibrillation are studied. Among them, 92 (0.22%) have Erectile Dysfunction.
Age of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Erectile dysfunction * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.11%||5.26%||18.95%||73.68% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erectile dysfunction||3.23%||45.16%||48.39%||3.23% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (18 people, 19.57%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (8 people, 8.70%)
- Erectile dysfunction (7 people, 7.61%)
- Multiple myeloma (7 people, 7.61%)
- Osteoporosis (7 people, 7.61%)
- Mitral valve prolapse (6 people, 6.52%)
- Hypertonic bladder (6 people, 6.52%)
- Cardiac failure congestive (5 people, 5.43%)
- Depression (4 people, 4.35%)
- Tic (3 people, 3.26%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Coumadin (25 people, 27.17%)
- Digoxin (22 people, 23.91%)
- Warfarin sodium (20 people, 21.74%)
- Coreg (18 people, 19.57%)
- Aspirin (18 people, 19.57%)
- Lipitor (15 people, 16.30%)
- Viagra (15 people, 16.30%)
- Zocor (14 people, 15.22%)
- Amoxicillin (12 people, 13.04%)
- Prilosec (12 people, 13.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Atrial fibrillation, Erectile dysfunction
You can also:
Common treatments for Atrial Fibrillation and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Browse all Atrial fibrillation symptoms from A to Z:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 weeks ago):
Unable to reach orgasm state therefore no ejaculation, and erection starts to go, though that part can be rectified to a degree. This has been getting steadily worse over the last few months.
From this study (3 months ago):
shortage of breath flatulence
From this study (4 months ago):
I have pain in my hands (stinging and burning) and feet are numb and burn sometimes. GP says I have gout and periphal neuropath. Have high blood pressure. Afib is condiered not severe and all my cardiologist recomends is a blood thinner.
MD took me off of lovastatin because he said it was attaching my body. Cholestrol is high. 200 to 250.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Atrial fibrillation, Erectile dysfunction
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Mental or emotional symptoms of warfarin sodium
Took Coumadin or Warfarin sodium for 18 years it introduced some strange behaviors causing the people around me to think it was caused by the small stroke I had (why I was put on Coumadin). I was switched to Xarelto and within a few days I could remember the things I had been doing and thinking abo ...
- Accutane made me impotent
I am a 61 year old male who was prescribed Accutane at the age of 58 by my ophthalmologist to speed in the healing of my retina from a retinal detachment. It did me absolutely no good whatsoever in that regard and actually caused me to have permanent impotence. My problem started at the exact same ...
- Levitra affect on atrail fibrulation
On Levitra 4 days 20mg for prostate issues AF flated up after the fourth day. Urine flow was back to normal after a month on antibiotic, enlarged Protate.
No affect on increasing ER.
More reviews for: Atrial fibrillation, Erectile dysfunction
Recent related drug studies on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Candesartan Cilexetil, Warfarin Sodium, Requip Xl for a patient with Hypertension, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Parkinson's Disease. The patient has Erectile Disturbance (Erection problems), Male Orgasmic Disorder
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of drug interactions between Cialis, Lisinopril, Nifedipine, Xarelto, Bumetanide, Uloric, Omeprazole, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Librium for a patient with Impotence, Blood Pressure Management, Atrial Fibrillation, Blood Pressure Abnormal, Gout, Stomach Discomfort, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Nervousness. The patient has Impotence (Erection problems)
More related studies for: Atrial fibrillation, Erectile dysfunction
Recent Atrial Fibrillation related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Atrial fibrillation, Erectile dysfunction
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.