Review: could Atrial fibrillation cause Foot, leg, and ankle swelling?
We study 41,640 people who have Atrial fibrillation from FDA and social media. Among them, 12 have Foot, leg, and ankle swelling. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get a free personalized report of your drugs: we study for you 352 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. Start to use eHealthMe >>>
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) (latest reports from 385,824 patients) can be treated by Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin, Flecainide Acetate, Sotalol Hydrochloride, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Digoxin.
Foot, leg, and ankle swelling
Foot, leg, and ankle swelling (latest reports from 4,362 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, hypothyroidism.
On Sep, 9, 2014: 41,633 people who have atrial fibrillation are studied. Among them, 12 (0.03%) have Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling.
Gender of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Foot, leg, and ankle swelling * :
|Foot, leg, and ankle swelling||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Foot, leg, and ankle swelling * :
|Foot, leg, and ankle swelling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||109.09% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Foot, leg, and ankle swelling||0.00%||16.67%||66.67%||16.67% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- A-fib (4 people, 33.33%)
- Edema (3 people, 25.00%)
- Diabetes (2 people, 16.67%)
- Acid reflux (2 people, 16.67%)
- Hypocalcaemia (2 people, 16.67%)
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter (2 people, 16.67%)
- Herpes simplex (1 people, 8.33%)
- Arthritis (1 people, 8.33%)
- Hypocalcemia - infants (1 people, 8.33%)
- Anemia (1 people, 8.33%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Coumadin (3 people, 25.00%)
- Lasix (2 people, 16.67%)
- Xarelto (2 people, 16.67%)
- Lipitor (2 people, 16.67%)
- Potassium chloride 30meq in dextrose 5% and sodium chloride 0.45% in plastic container (2 people, 16.67%)
- Digoxin (2 people, 16.67%)
- Warfarin sodium (2 people, 16.67%)
- Coreg cr (1 people, 8.33%)
- Acyclovir (1 people, 8.33%)
- Calcitriol (1 people, 8.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation and Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling and Atrial fibrillation
- group for people who have Atrial fibrillation
- group for people who have Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling
Comments from related studies:
From this study (9 months ago):
80 mgs of Lasix BID brought the swelling down
From this study (1 year ago):
LBBB SHOWED UP ON EKG.....WAITING TO TAKE AN ECHOCARDIGRAM....I THOUGHT DILTIAZEM CAN CAUSE BUNDLE BRANCH BLOCK
Y/.ZOHAR on May, 9, 2013:
I WAS UNDER WARFARIN TREATMENT FOR 7 MONTHS AFTER D.V.T. WITH LUNG EMBOLIISM. OEDEMA OF MY ANKLES APPEARED DURING THE ABOVE TREATMENT. WHEN I INTERRUPTED THE WARFARIN ( AFTER A 7 MONTHS TREATMENT)THE ABOVE MENTIONED OEDEMA SLOWLY DISSAPPEARED .
Y. ZOHAR M.D.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Atrial fibrillation, Foot, leg, and ankle swelling
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Muscle weakness while on accutane
I began taking Accutane end of 2013 and I'm just now finishing up my medication.
During the first month I noticed my hands swelling up, but I also noticed my knuckles lightened.
Where I considered my elbows to be ashy, the color lightened up and the skin became smooth. My body retained water and ...
More reviews for: Atrial fibrillation, Foot, leg, and ankle swelling
Common treatments for Atrial Fibrillation and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Atrial fibrillation symptoms:
- International Normalised Ratio Increased in Atrial fibrillation (3,119 reports)
- Breathing Difficulty in Atrial fibrillation (2,416 reports)
- Vertigo in Atrial fibrillation (2,366 reports)
- Weakness in Atrial fibrillation (2,204 reports)
- Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage in Atrial fibrillation (2,173 reports)
- Nausea in Atrial fibrillation (1,946 reports)
- Fatigue in Atrial fibrillation (1,908 reports)
- Diarrhoea in Atrial fibrillation (1,783 reports)
- Fall in Atrial fibrillation (1,617 reports)
- Hypotension in Atrial fibrillation (1,560 reports)
Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling related symptom studies:
- Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling in Adhd (15 reports)
- Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling in Blood pressure (72 reports)
- Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling in Depression (44 reports)
- Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling in Dyslipidemia (47 reports)
- Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling in Hypertension (111 reports)
- Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling in Hypothyroidism (24 reports)
- Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling in Jitters (18 reports)
- Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling in Pain (24 reports)
- Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling in Reflux esophagitis (28 reports)
- Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling in Sleeplessness (20 reports)
Atrial Fibrillation is also known as: A-fib, Atrial Flutter, Atrial fibrillation/flutter, Auricular fibrillation, Heart Fibrillation.
Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling is also known as: Ankle swelling, Edema - peripheral, Peripheral edema, Foot swelling, Leg swelling, Swelling of the ankles - feet - legs.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.