Review: could Atrial fibrillation cause Muscle cramps?
We study 41,640 people who have Atrial fibrillation from FDA and social media. Among them, 25 have Muscle cramps. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get a free personalized report of your drugs: we study for you 352 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. Start to use eHealthMe >>>
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) (latest reports from 385,824 patients) can be treated by Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin, Flecainide Acetate, Sotalol Hydrochloride, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Digoxin.
Muscle cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction) (latest reports from 50,900 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, pain, depression.
On Sep, 12, 2014: 41,633 people who have atrial fibrillation are studied. Among them, 25 (0.06%) have Muscle Cramps.
Gender of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Muscle cramps * :
|Muscle cramps||62.07%||37.93% |
Age of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Muscle cramps * :
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.57%||14.29%||85.71% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||55.56%||44.44%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia (4 people, 16.00%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 16.00%)
- Ill-defined disorder (3 people, 12.00%)
- Thyroid gland cancer (2 people, 8.00%)
- A-fib (2 people, 8.00%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 8.00%)
- Hypothyroidism (2 people, 8.00%)
- Heart rate irregular (2 people, 8.00%)
- Dvt (1 people, 4.00%)
- Diabetic neuropathy (1 people, 4.00%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Tikosyn (16 people, 64.00%)
- Coumadin (14 people, 56.00%)
- Digoxin (8 people, 32.00%)
- Atenolol (5 people, 20.00%)
- Lasix (5 people, 20.00%)
- Cardizem (5 people, 20.00%)
- Synthroid (5 people, 20.00%)
- Xanax (5 people, 20.00%)
- Warfarin sodium (5 people, 20.00%)
- Allopurinol (4 people, 16.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation and Muscle Cramps?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Muscle Cramps and Atrial fibrillation
- group for people who have Atrial fibrillation
- group for people who have Muscle Cramps
Comments from related studies:
From this study (10 months ago):
muscle cramps became severe with the use of astorvastatin
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Atrial fibrillation, Muscle cramps
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Hydrocodone and a-fib
After having two strokes and was given pain and burning on my right side but still had full use of limbs and speech, memory etc. That was in 2003 and I still have the pain and burning in my larger muscle groups every day, every hour of the day. I have tried the many different pain management progr ...
- Mental or emotional symptoms of warfarin sodium
Took Coumadin or Warfarin sodium for 18 years it introduced some strange behaviors causing the people around me to think it was caused by the small stroke I had (why I was put on Coumadin). I was switched to Xarelto and within a few days I could remember the things I had been doing and thinking abo ...
More reviews for: Atrial fibrillation, Muscle cramps
Common treatments for Atrial Fibrillation and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Atrial fibrillation symptoms:
- International Normalised Ratio Increased in Atrial fibrillation (3,119 reports)
- Dyspnea in Atrial fibrillation (2,416 reports)
- Lightheadedness in Atrial fibrillation (2,366 reports)
- Muscle Weakness in Atrial fibrillation (2,204 reports)
- Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage in Atrial fibrillation (2,173 reports)
- Nausea in Atrial fibrillation (1,946 reports)
- Weariness in Atrial fibrillation (1,908 reports)
- Stools - Watery in Atrial fibrillation (1,783 reports)
- Fall in Atrial fibrillation (1,617 reports)
- Lower Blood Pressure in Atrial fibrillation (1,560 reports)
Muscle Cramps related symptom studies:
Atrial Fibrillation is also known as: A-fib, Atrial Flutter, Atrial fibrillation/flutter, Auricular fibrillation, Heart Fibrillation.
Muscle Cramps is also known as: Cramps - muscle, Muscle cramp.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.