Would you have Muscle cramps when you have Atrial fibrillation?
Summary: Muscle cramps is found among people with Atrial fibrillation, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have Chronic myeloid leukaemia, and take medication Tikosyn.
We study 25 people who have Muscle cramps and Atrial fibrillation from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Atrial fibrillation and Muscle cramps >>>
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) can be treated by Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin, Flecainide Acetate, Digoxin, Sotalol Hydrochloride, Pradaxa. (latest reports from 87,259 Atrial Fibrillation patients)
Muscle cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, pain, depression. (latest reports from 10,826 Muscle cramps patients)
On Feb, 16, 2015: 25 people who have atrial fibrillation and Muscle Cramps are studied.
Gender of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Muscle cramps * :
|Muscle cramps||62.07%||37.93% |
Age of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Muscle cramps * :
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.45%||13.79%||82.76% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||55.56%||44.44%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia (4 people, 16.00%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 16.00%)
- Ill-defined disorder (3 people, 12.00%)
- Thyroid gland cancer (2 people, 8.00%)
- A-fib (2 people, 8.00%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 8.00%)
- Hypothyroidism (2 people, 8.00%)
- Heart rate irregular (2 people, 8.00%)
- Dvt (1 people, 4.00%)
- Diabetic neuropathy (1 people, 4.00%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Tikosyn (16 people, 64.00%)
- Coumadin (14 people, 56.00%)
- Digoxin (8 people, 32.00%)
- Atenolol (5 people, 20.00%)
- Lasix (5 people, 20.00%)
- Cardizem (5 people, 20.00%)
- Synthroid (5 people, 20.00%)
- Xanax (5 people, 20.00%)
- Warfarin sodium (5 people, 20.00%)
- Allopurinol (4 people, 16.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of atrial fibrillation and muscle cramps on
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation and Muscle Cramps?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who have Muscle Cramps and Atrial fibrillation
- support group for people who have Atrial fibrillation
- support group for people who have Muscle cramps
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Januvia, Simvastatin, Dilantin-30, Dyrenium, Warfarin Sodium, Sotalol Hydrochloride, Metformin for a 64-year old man with Low Blood Sugar, Total Cholesterol, Bata Blocker, Fluid Retention, Blood Thinner, Atrial Fibrillation, Diabetic Coma. The patient has Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Bisoprolol Fumarate for a 61-year old woman with Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Anxiety, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Loss Of Voice
- A study of side effects of Xarelto for a 62-year old man with Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Otosclerosis Exacerbated (an abnormal growth of bone near the middle ear)
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Simvastatin for a 61-year old man with Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Muscle Contractions Involuntary. The patient has Muscle Cramps Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Chondroitin, Glucosamine, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Aspirin, Motrin Ib, Ibuprofen, Excedrin, Prednisone, Gabapentin, Synthroid, Phentermine for a 41-year old woman with Joint Swelling, Deficiency - Vitamin E, Vitamin B-3 Deficiency, Vitamin D Decreased, Pain, Inflammatory Pain, Inflammation, Neuropathic Pain, Thyroid Disorder, Weight Loss. The patient has Numbness And Tingling, Fatigue Aggravated, Fever, Nausea Aggravated, Nails - Fungal Infection, Cluster Headaches, Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Muscle Cramps Aggravated
Recent Atrial Fibrillation related drug comparison:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.