Home > Atrial fibrillation > Nausea > Atrial fibrillation and Nausea
Review: could Atrial fibrillation cause Nausea?
We study 41,670 people who have Atrial fibrillation from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,946 have Nausea. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Atrial fibrillation and Nausea >>>
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) (latest reports from 389,490 patients) can be treated by Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin, Flecainide Acetate, Digoxin, Pradaxa, Amiodarone Hydrochloride.
Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit) (latest reports from 1,920,883 patients) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, quit smoking, depression, pain.
On Sep, 15, 2014: 41,640 people who have atrial fibrillation are studied. Among them, 1,946 (4.67%) have Nausea.
Gender of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Nausea * :
Age of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Nausea * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (512 people, 26.31%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (231 people, 11.87%)
- Hypothyroidism (152 people, 7.81%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (124 people, 6.37%)
- Atrial flutter (110 people, 5.65%)
- Prophylaxis (105 people, 5.40%)
- Diabetes mellitus (102 people, 5.24%)
- Insomnia (92 people, 4.73%)
- Pain (86 people, 4.42%)
- Depression (76 people, 3.91%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Pradaxa (828 people, 42.55%)
- Digoxin (651 people, 33.45%)
- Aspirin (508 people, 26.10%)
- Coumadin (388 people, 19.94%)
- Lasix (301 people, 15.47%)
- Warfarin sodium (284 people, 14.59%)
- Multaq (264 people, 13.57%)
- Furosemide (224 people, 11.51%)
- Lisinopril (213 people, 10.95%)
- Metoprolol tartrate (203 people, 10.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation and Nausea?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Nausea and Atrial fibrillation
- support group for people who have Atrial fibrillation
- support group for people who have Nausea
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
seems to happen about 6 hours after taking rivaroxaban , always overnight, decreses in the daytime after getting up.
From this study (1 year ago):
Hospitalized in afib. Cardiac doctors are pointing to enlarged thyroid as problem; endocrinologist is not as sure. Medicines are all new except for lipitor.
From this study (2 years ago):
I don't know if it's the Pradaxa or my Meniere's causing the nausea--however, prior to having ear surgery, I didn't have nausea but mildly on occasion. Since ear surgery and since being put on Pradaxa for A-fib, about 9 weeks ago, the nausea is daily and mild to moderate--on occasion severe. Hard to say if it's the Pradaxa or the inner ear problem or both.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Atrial fibrillation, Nausea
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Palpitations when eating raw garlic
After symptoms of a cold, I've been drinking the famous "garlic honey lemon" mixture to try to get rid of the cold and it actually worked pretty well.
The first morning it didn't feel very nice to drink but I was ok.
From day 2, I started to feel heartburn and heart palpitations, with a sort of he ...
- Diagnosed with postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome after mirena
After getting the Mirena put in, I got really sick. I went home and got super dizzy, nauseous, and tired. I felt so sick and could barely function. I called the doctors office and they said it couldn't be from the Mirena. She said that I must have the flu. Well, I kept it in for a little while long ...
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
More reviews for: Atrial fibrillation, Nausea
Common treatments for Atrial Fibrillation and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Atrial fibrillation symptoms:
- International Normalised Ratio Increased in Atrial fibrillation (3,119 reports)
- Difficulty In Breathing in Atrial fibrillation (2,472 reports)
- Loss Of Balance in Atrial fibrillation (2,368 reports)
- Muscle Fatigue in Atrial fibrillation (2,209 reports)
- Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage in Atrial fibrillation (2,173 reports)
- Weariness in Atrial fibrillation (1,908 reports)
- Loose Bowel Movements in Atrial fibrillation (1,783 reports)
- Fall in Atrial fibrillation (1,617 reports)
- Low Blood Pressure in Atrial fibrillation (1,596 reports)
- Tachycardia in Atrial fibrillation (1,501 reports)
Nausea related symptom studies:
- Nausea in Blood pressure (9,589 reports)
- Nausea in Contraception (5,871 reports)
- Nausea in Depression (9,341 reports)
- Nausea in Hypertension (10,130 reports)
- Nausea in Multiple sclerosis (6,177 reports)
- Nausea in Osteoporosis (7,506 reports)
- Nausea in Pain (8,472 reports)
- Nausea in Rheumatoid arthritis (6,020 reports)
- Nausea in Stop smoking (9,948 reports)
- Nausea in Type 2 diabetes mellitus (12,942 reports)
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Metformin for a 40-year old man who has Diabetic Nephropathy (8 seconds ago)
- Sertraline, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Lisinopril for a 68-year old man who has Depression, Pain, Blood Pressure Increased (4 minutes ago)
- Alendronate Sodium, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 76-year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, Depression, Fibromyalgia, A Fib (9 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Fibromyalgia and Hyponatraemia
- Hair Loss and Gabapentin
- Arthritis - Osteoarthritis and Keppra
Recent user comments
- "Acute onset. August LFT's normal, Mirtazapine added S ... " (11 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed levothyroxine sodium but had to take ... " (1 hour ago)
- "also prescribed synthroid but had to take self off. b ... " (1 hour ago)
- Enterobius Vermicularis
- Glomerulonephritis Pulmonary Hemorrhage
- Drospirenone; Ethinyl Estradiol