Home > Atrial fibrillation > Nausea > Atrial fibrillation and Nausea
Would you have Nausea when you have Atrial fibrillation?
Summary: Nausea is found among people with Atrial fibrillation, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have Hypertension, and take medication Pradaxa.
We study 1,946 people who have Nausea and Atrial fibrillation from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Atrial fibrillation and Nausea >>>
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) can be treated by Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin, Flecainide Acetate, Pradaxa, Sotalol Hydrochloride, Digoxin. (view latest reports from 84,600 patients)
Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit) (latest reports from 262,794 patients) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, quit smoking, depression, pain.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 1,946 people who have atrial fibrillation and Nausea are studied.
Gender of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Nausea * :
Age of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Nausea * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (512 people, 26.31%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (231 people, 11.87%)
- Hypothyroidism (152 people, 7.81%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (124 people, 6.37%)
- Atrial flutter (110 people, 5.65%)
- Prophylaxis (105 people, 5.40%)
- Diabetes mellitus (102 people, 5.24%)
- Insomnia (92 people, 4.73%)
- Pain (86 people, 4.42%)
- Depression (76 people, 3.91%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Pradaxa (828 people, 42.55%)
- Digoxin (651 people, 33.45%)
- Aspirin (508 people, 26.10%)
- Coumadin (388 people, 19.94%)
- Lasix (301 people, 15.47%)
- Warfarin sodium (284 people, 14.59%)
- Multaq (264 people, 13.57%)
- Furosemide (224 people, 11.51%)
- Lisinopril (213 people, 10.95%)
- Metoprolol tartrate (203 people, 10.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation and Nausea?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Nausea and Atrial fibrillation
- support group for people who have Atrial fibrillation
- support group for people who have Nausea
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can urinary retention cause severe dizziness and lightheartedness?
(Asked by a 24 year old woman who has Nausea, Urinary Retention, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Eczema, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS))
I had a kidney infection for 1.5 months diagnosed in August this year it took 2 lots of antibiotics to kick it but now I am left with SEVERE urinary retention I had a cystoscopy which only lasted for 24 hours it was done when I was awake so I think that it wasn't very affective by the next morning I ...
- Do you have severe headache with cordarone?
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Nausea, Skin Blushing/flushing, Migraine Without Aura, and takes Cordarone)
The left side of my head and eye have head-splitting pain. Nausea from the headche. Left jaw toothache. Left shoulder houlder feels like it has a toothache.These are very mild, but the headache is severe. Supradol and/or Valium help
- Why 10 mg daily after b/f gives nauseating restlessness by afternoon.
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Feeling Of Despair, Restlessness, Nausea, and takes Effient)
Had Angioplasty consisting of one drug eluting stent of 25 MM in Diagonal and Ballooning of OM nine(9) months ago.
- I have a-fib after taking benadryl. i've been off it for a few days, but flutters remain. how long does it last?
(Asked by a 86 year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, and takes Benadryl)
I took 6 pills a day for a week, have been off medication for several days, but A-Fib symptoms continue.
- Dabigatran,rivaroxaban, apixaban (eliquis) or aspirin - which is most suitable for a patient with af (atrial fibrilation), left subdural hematoma, right ischemic stroke with hemorehagic transformation
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder, Ischemic CVA Stroke With Hemorrhagic Transformation, Chronic Subdural Hematoma (Left), High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation)
My grandmother have Atrial Fibrillation (AF) and suffered a ischemic CVA stroke with hemorrhagic transformation on right brain this week. She also had left sudural hematoma for some time now, due to which Asprin (ecospirin-75) that she was taking because of her AF was stopped and I believe that stop ...
More questions for: Atrial fibrillation, Nausea
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Turmeric and atrial fabrillation
(Posted by a 69 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, and takes Turmeric)
I am a "health nut" who has always avoided any and all tobacco and alcohol, am on no medication, am on a reasonably purer diet (organic foods etc.,) and daily take and assortment of vitamins, minerals and a few herbs like garlic and saw palmetto. I had recently began taking therapeutic doses of Tur ...
- Palpitations when eating raw garlic
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Heartburn, Nausea, Heart Palpitations)
After symptoms of a cold, I've been drinking the famous "garlic honey lemon" mixture to try to get rid of the cold and it actually worked pretty well.
The first morning it didn't feel very nice to drink but I was ok.
From day 2, I started to feel heartburn and heart palpitations, with a sort of he ...
- Diagnosed with postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome after mirena
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, Fatigue, Nausea, Dizzy, and takes Mirena)
After getting the Mirena put in, I got really sick. I went home and got super dizzy, nauseous, and tired. I felt so sick and could barely function. I called the doctors office and they said it couldn't be from the Mirena. She said that I must have the flu. Well, I kept it in for a little while long ...
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
(Posted by a 89 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Pradaxa, Multaq)
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Prednisone side effects
(Posted by a 25 year old woman who has Headache, Anxiety, Heartburn, Blurred Vision, Nausea, and takes Prednisone)
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
More reviews for: Atrial fibrillation, Nausea
- A study of side effects of Voltaren for a patient with Tenosynovitis. The patient has Headache (pain in head), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Lethargy (tiredness), Metallic Taste (a bad taste in the mouth), Lightheadedness - Dizzy (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness)
Comments: Was prescribed Voltaren gel for tenosynovitis of my thumb. Helped the pain somewhat, but I woke up feeling terrible. I am sensitive to stronger oral pain medications, which is why this was prescribed in the first place, but the side effects are worse than when I have taken codeine. Felt somewhat be ...
- A study of drug interactions between Myrbetriq, Pradaxa, Mirtazapine, Lipitor, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Calcium, Namenda Xr, Exelon for a patient with Overactive Bladder, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Depression - Elderly, Lower Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis And Aging, Senile Dementia. The patient has Confusional State
Comments: My mother has overactive bladder symptoms. She has tried oxybutin, vesicare and now myrbetriq. She had increased confusion with oxybutin and vesicare...so we stopped taking them. Now she has been taking myrbetriq for a week now and I am wondering if I am seeing increased confusion again even thou ...
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Losartan, Metformin, Glyburide, Bystolic, Pradaxa for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Diabetic Coma, Blood Pressure Increased, A-fib. The patient has Leg Cramping, Weakness
Comments: I stop pradaxa a week before having pain shot for lower back pain. I have no pain or weakness for about a week after going back on pradaxa. This has happended three times now. Can't say for sure the pradaxa is the cause or if that is the amount of time the pain shot last.
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Alprazolam, Lactulose, Daytrana, Effexor, Ondansetron, Ursodiol, Prednisone, Azathioprine, Tacrolimus for a patient with Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Encephalopathy - Hepatic, Depression, Autoimmune Hepatitis, Immunosuppressant Drug Therapy. The patient has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Fatigue - Chronic, Major Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Nausea
Comments: The nausea is persistent and debilitating as is the fatigue. Nothing relieves the nausea. I was transplanted for esld Chronic Hep B but developed de novo autoimmune hepatitis with a touch of graft v. host disease.
The emotional troubles became extremely exacerbated post-transplant.
3 yrs pos ...
- A study of drug interactions between Benazepril Hydrochloride, Coreg, Potassium Chloride, Furosemide, Eliquis for a patient with Hypertension, Congestive Heart Failure - Left, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Pulmonary Oedema Aggravated, Paroxysmal Arrhythmia
Comments: I have been wondering if hypokalemia and lifetime asymptomatic persistent chronic pvcs could have caused my recent AFIB episode. I take potassium to counter the potential potassium loss resulting from the furosemide / lasix.
I also exercise vigorously (cardio vascular heart rate - walking at 4 ...
More related studies for: Atrial fibrillation, Nausea
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.