Review: could Atrial fibrillation cause Nausea?
We study 41,640 people who have Atrial fibrillation from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,946 have Nausea. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get a free personalized report of your drugs: we study for you 352 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. Start to use eHealthMe >>>
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) (latest reports from 385,824 patients) can be treated by Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin, Flecainide Acetate, Sotalol Hydrochloride, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Digoxin.
Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit) (latest reports from 1,918,979 patients) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, quit smoking, depression, pain.
On Sep, 15, 2014: 41,640 people who have atrial fibrillation are studied. Among them, 1,946 (4.67%) have Nausea.
Gender of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Nausea * :
Age of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Nausea * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (512 people, 26.31%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (231 people, 11.87%)
- Hypothyroidism (152 people, 7.81%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (124 people, 6.37%)
- Atrial flutter (110 people, 5.65%)
- Prophylaxis (105 people, 5.40%)
- Diabetes mellitus (102 people, 5.24%)
- Insomnia (92 people, 4.73%)
- Pain (86 people, 4.42%)
- Depression (76 people, 3.91%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Pradaxa (828 people, 42.55%)
- Digoxin (651 people, 33.45%)
- Aspirin (508 people, 26.10%)
- Coumadin (388 people, 19.94%)
- Lasix (301 people, 15.47%)
- Warfarin sodium (284 people, 14.59%)
- Multaq (264 people, 13.57%)
- Furosemide (224 people, 11.51%)
- Lisinopril (213 people, 10.95%)
- Metoprolol tartrate (203 people, 10.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation and Nausea?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Nausea and Atrial fibrillation
- group for people who have Atrial fibrillation
- group for people who have Nausea
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
seems to happen about 6 hours after taking rivaroxaban , always overnight, decreses in the daytime after getting up.
From this study (1 year ago):
Hospitalized in afib. Cardiac doctors are pointing to enlarged thyroid as problem; endocrinologist is not as sure. Medicines are all new except for lipitor.
From this study (2 years ago):
I don't know if it's the Pradaxa or my Meniere's causing the nausea--however, prior to having ear surgery, I didn't have nausea but mildly on occasion. Since ear surgery and since being put on Pradaxa for A-fib, about 9 weeks ago, the nausea is daily and mild to moderate--on occasion severe. Hard to say if it's the Pradaxa or the inner ear problem or both.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Atrial fibrillation, Nausea
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Prednisone side effects
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
- Seizure disorder med problems
Velafaxine 150 mg. 1 per day.
In process of switching from Topiramate 50 mg. 1 pill in morning & one at night (going off of this because of kidney stones) Was on this medication approximately 10 years.
Lamotrigine 2 25mg pills in morning and 2 - 25 mg. pills at night.
On the 3rd day of ...
More reviews for: Atrial fibrillation, Nausea
Common treatments for Atrial Fibrillation and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Atrial fibrillation symptoms:
- International Normalised Ratio Increased in Atrial fibrillation (3,119 reports)
- Difficulty In Breathing in Atrial fibrillation (2,416 reports)
- Lightheadedness in Atrial fibrillation (2,366 reports)
- Muscle Fatigue in Atrial fibrillation (2,204 reports)
- Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage in Atrial fibrillation (2,173 reports)
- Tiredness in Atrial fibrillation (1,908 reports)
- Stools - Watery in Atrial fibrillation (1,783 reports)
- Fall in Atrial fibrillation (1,617 reports)
- Blood Pressure Decreased in Atrial fibrillation (1,560 reports)
- Dysrhythmias in Atrial fibrillation (1,501 reports)
Nausea related symptom studies:
- Nausea in Blood pressure (9,589 reports)
- Nausea in Contraception (5,871 reports)
- Nausea in Depression (9,341 reports)
- Nausea in Hypertension (10,128 reports)
- Nausea in Multiple sclerosis (6,177 reports)
- Nausea in Osteoporosis (7,506 reports)
- Nausea in Pain (8,472 reports)
- Nausea in Quit smoking (9,948 reports)
- Nausea in Rheumatoid arthritis (6,020 reports)
- Nausea in Type 2 diabetes mellitus (12,942 reports)
Atrial Fibrillation is also known as: A-fib, Atrial Flutter, Atrial fibrillation/flutter, Auricular fibrillation, Heart Fibrillation.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.