Review: could Atrial fibrillation cause Neuropathy (Peripheral neuropathy)?
We study 41,640 people who have Atrial fibrillation from FDA and social media. Among them, 16 have Neuropathy (Peripheral neuropathy). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get a free personalized report of your drugs: we study for you 352 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. Start to use eHealthMe >>>
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) (latest reports from 385,824 patients) can be treated by Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin, Flecainide Acetate, Sotalol Hydrochloride, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Digoxin.
Neuropathy (damage to nerves) (latest reports from 26,526 patients) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, high blood cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure, peripheral neuropathy.
On Sep, 13, 2014: 41,633 people who have atrial fibrillation are studied. Among them, 18 (0.04%) have Neuropathy.
Gender of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Neuropathy * :
Age of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Neuropathy * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Pericarditis (4 people, 22.22%)
- Lung neoplasm malignant (4 people, 22.22%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 16.67%)
- Myocardial infarction (2 people, 11.11%)
- Insomnia (2 people, 11.11%)
- Diabetes mellitus (1 people, 5.56%)
- High blood pressure (1 people, 5.56%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (1 people, 5.56%)
- Asthma (1 people, 5.56%)
- Bladder disorder (1 people, 5.56%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Cordarone (9 people, 50.00%)
- Omeprazole (6 people, 33.33%)
- Clonazepam (5 people, 27.78%)
- Bisoprolol fumarate (5 people, 27.78%)
- Digoxin (5 people, 27.78%)
- Cisplatin (4 people, 22.22%)
- Gemzar (4 people, 22.22%)
- Amitriptyline hydrochloride (4 people, 22.22%)
- Iressa (4 people, 22.22%)
- Plavix (3 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation and Neuropathy?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Neuropathy and Atrial fibrillation
- group for people who have Atrial fibrillation
- group for people who have Neuropathy
Comments from related studies:
From this study (12 months ago):
I have had several hip operations. 1956 1979 1989 1999 2operations
Not enough blood to my brain during last hip operation. 1999
Staff infection, severe. 1999
Have not drank or smoked in over 40 years.
From this study (2 years ago):
Like to know wich medication can produce neuropathy
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Atrial fibrillation, Neuropathy
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lyrica varied widely
I was prescribed Lyrica for treatment of chronic pain. It was ineffective, but it knocked out the symptoms of interstitial. However, it also caused rapid weight gain (I went from 110 to 130 lbs. in just a few weeks) and my ankles started to swell. The pain doctor advised me to discontinue the dru ...
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
More reviews for: Atrial fibrillation, Neuropathy
Common treatments for Atrial Fibrillation and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Atrial fibrillation symptoms:
- International Normalised Ratio Increased in Atrial fibrillation (3,119 reports)
- Breathing Difficulty in Atrial fibrillation (2,416 reports)
- Vertigo in Atrial fibrillation (2,366 reports)
- Weakness in Atrial fibrillation (2,204 reports)
- Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage in Atrial fibrillation (2,173 reports)
- Nausea in Atrial fibrillation (1,946 reports)
- Fatigue in Atrial fibrillation (1,908 reports)
- Diarrhoea in Atrial fibrillation (1,783 reports)
- Fall in Atrial fibrillation (1,617 reports)
- Hypotension in Atrial fibrillation (1,560 reports)
Neuropathy related symptom studies:
Atrial Fibrillation is also known as: A-fib, Atrial Flutter, Atrial fibrillation/flutter, Auricular fibrillation, Heart Fibrillation.
Neuropathy is also known as: Neuritis - peripheral, Neuropathy - peripheral, Peripheral neuritis, Peripheral neuropathy.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.