Review: could Atrial fibrillation cause Neuropathy?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 5, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.2/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 41,472 people who have Atrial fibrillation. Among them, 18 experience Neuropathy (Peripheral neuropathy). See who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Atrial fibrillation (latest reports from 369,924 patients) is typically treated by Coumadin, Warfarin Sodium, Flecainide Acetate, Digoxin, Sotalol Hydrochloride, Pradaxa.
Neuropathy (damage to nerves) (latest reports from 25,114 patients) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, high blood cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure, peripheral neuropathy.
On Mar, 5, 2014: 41,458 people who have atrial fibrillation are studied. Among them, 18 (0.04%) have Neuropathy.
Gender of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Neuropathy * :
Age of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Neuropathy * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Pericarditis (4 people, 22.22%)
- Lung neoplasm malignant (4 people, 22.22%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 16.67%)
- Myocardial infarction (2 people, 11.11%)
- Insomnia (2 people, 11.11%)
- Diabetes mellitus (1 people, 5.56%)
- High blood pressure (1 people, 5.56%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (1 people, 5.56%)
- Asthma (1 people, 5.56%)
- Bladder disorder (1 people, 5.56%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Cordarone (9 people, 50.00%)
- Omeprazole (6 people, 33.33%)
- Clonazepam (5 people, 27.78%)
- Bisoprolol fumarate (5 people, 27.78%)
- Digoxin (5 people, 27.78%)
- Cisplatin (4 people, 22.22%)
- Gemzar (4 people, 22.22%)
- Amitriptyline hydrochloride (4 people, 22.22%)
- Iressa (4 people, 22.22%)
- Plavix (3 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Atrial fibrillation, Neuropathy
You can also:
Common treatments for Atrial Fibrillation and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Browse all Atrial fibrillation symptoms from A to Z:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 months ago):
I have had several hip operations. 1956 1979 1989 1999 2operations
Not enough blood to my brain during last hip operation. 1999
Staff infection, severe. 1999
Have not drank or smoked in over 40 years.
From this study (1 year ago):
Like to know wich medication can produce neuropathy
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Atrial fibrillation, Neuropathy
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Mental or emotional symptoms of warfarin sodium
Took Coumadin or Warfarin sodium for 18 years it introduced some strange behaviors causing the people around me to think it was caused by the small stroke I had (why I was put on Coumadin). I was switched to Xarelto and within a few days I could remember the things I had been doing and thinking abo ...
- Lyrica caused my kidneys to shut down
I was on Lyrica for 6 weeks and it almost killed me. I was so weak at the end that my daughter had to help me get out of bed go to the bathroom. I gained 22 lbs in 10 days. I gained over 40 lbs in 6 weeks. My ankles and feet were so swollen that the skin was starting to break open. I was in and out ...
- Levitra affect on atrail fibrulation
On Levitra 4 days 20mg for prostate issues AF flated up after the fourth day. Urine flow was back to normal after a month on antibiotic, enlarged Protate.
No affect on increasing ER.
More reviews for: Atrial fibrillation, Neuropathy
Recent related drug studies on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between CoQ10, Niacin, Multivitamin, American Pawpaw, Linseed Flax Oil, Fish Oil, Lisinopril, Pradaxa, Atenolol, Glyburide, Actos for a patient with Heart Fibrillation, Promotion Of Peripheral Circulation, General Physical Health Deterioration, Prostate Cancer, General Symptom, High Blood Pressure, Atrial Fibrillation, Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Old Age, Neuropathy (Peripheral neuropathy), Diabetes Mellitus Nos (Diabetes), Acquired Afibrinogenaemia
- A study of drug interactions between Pravachol, Diovan, CLONAZEPAM, Xarelto, Omega 3, CHLORELLA for a patient with Hypercholesterolemia, Hypertension, Insomnia, Atrial Fibrillation, Constipation. The patient has Neuropathy (Peripheral neuropathy)
More related studies for: Atrial fibrillation, Neuropathy
Recent Atrial Fibrillation related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Atrial fibrillation, Neuropathy
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.