Home > Atrial fibrillation > Platelet count decreased > Atrial fibrillation and Platelet count decreased
Review: could Atrial fibrillation cause Platelet count decreased (Thrombocytopenia )?
We study 41,673 people who have Atrial fibrillation from FDA and social media. Among them, 274 have Platelet count decreased (Thrombocytopenia ). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Atrial fibrillation and Platelet count decreased >>>
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) (latest reports from 381,971 patients) can be treated by Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin, Flecainide Acetate, Digoxin, Pradaxa, Sotalol Hydrochloride.
Platelet count decreased
Platelet count decreased (latest reports from 236,988 patients) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, hepatitis c, high blood pressure, preventive health care, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 41,673 people who have atrial fibrillation are studied. Among them, 274 (0.66%) have Platelet Count Decreased.
Gender of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Platelet count decreased * :
|Platelet count decreased||31.81%||68.19% |
Age of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Platelet count decreased * :
|Platelet count decreased||0.31%||0.00%||0.00%||0.63%||3.77%||2.83%||4.72%||88.05% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (60 people, 21.90%)
- Gastritis (36 people, 13.14%)
- Insomnia (31 people, 11.31%)
- Prophylaxis (25 people, 9.12%)
- Osteoporosis (22 people, 8.03%)
- Constipation (20 people, 7.30%)
- Nephrogenic anaemia (19 people, 6.93%)
- Cardiac failure (16 people, 5.84%)
- Diarrhoea (16 people, 5.84%)
- Hyperkalaemia (15 people, 5.47%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Digoxin (77 people, 28.10%)
- Warfarin sodium (71 people, 25.91%)
- Aspirin (71 people, 25.91%)
- Lasix (55 people, 20.07%)
- Pradaxa (54 people, 19.71%)
- Coumadin (36 people, 13.14%)
- Lisinopril (22 people, 8.03%)
- Calcium carbonate (20 people, 7.30%)
- Furosemide (20 people, 7.30%)
- Simvastatin (18 people, 6.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation and Platelet Count Decreased?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Platelet Count Decreased and Atrial fibrillation
- support group for people who have Atrial fibrillation
- support group for people who have Platelet Count Decreased
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have a-fib after taking benadryl. i've been off it for a few days, but flutters remain. how long does it last?
I took 6 pills a day for a week, have been off medication for several days, but A-Fib symptoms continue.
- Dabigatran,rivaroxaban, apixaban (eliquis) or aspirin - which is most suitable for a patient with af (atrial fibrilation), left subdural hematoma, right ischemic stroke with hemorehagic transformation
My grandmother have Atrial Fibrillation (AF) and suffered a ischemic CVA stroke with hemorrhagic transformation on right brain this week. She also had left sudural hematoma for some time now, due to which Asprin (ecospirin-75) that she was taking because of her AF was stopped and I believe that stop ...
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Will marijuana trigger my afib
When I smoke pot will this aggravate my afib? This occurred last night after smoking a one hitter a couple of times and lasted 4-5 hours.
- Are atrial fibrillation and erectile dysfunction related?
I want to know whether those who have atrial fibrillation also suffer from erectile dysfunction, or vice-versa.
- Can stopping coumadin cause the heart rate to increase?
After stoppage of coumadin, the patient was started on Eliquis and after administration of one dose, the heart rate increased from the 70's to 120 plus. Could the increased heart rate be caused by the stoppage of coumadin?
- Does xarelto contribute to extreme thinning of hair
extreme hair thinning
inability to relieve dry eye symptoms (burning, feeling of foreign object in eyes
can anything be done to correct these eymptoms
- How do xarelto and potassium interact?
I have to take Xarelto for my atrial filrillation, but I also have leg cramps at night. Do the 2 drugs (Xarelto and piotassium) have any bad effect on each other?
- Is morphine used for painless atria fibrillatin
entered hospital without any pain had cough which caused some shortness of breath otherwise felt well advised by PCP to drive to hospital to get checked out was admitted to hospital -received morphine -two days later nurse advised me my blood pressure was way to low- later same day had ischemic str ...
- How long can multaq cause loose bowels?
I started multaq one week ago, and have had loose bowels since. Is this an ongoing side effect, and if so, what do others do to deal with this sort of intrusion in one's life????? This has limited my activities considerably !!
More questions for: Atrial fibrillation, Platelet count decreased
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Turmeric and atrial fabrillation
I am a "health nut" who has always avoided any and all tobacco and alcohol, am on no medication, am on a reasonably purer diet (organic foods etc.,) and daily take and assortment of vitamins, minerals and a few herbs like garlic and saw palmetto. I had recently began taking therapeutic doses of Tur ...
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Hydrocodone and a-fib
After having two strokes and was given pain and burning on my right side but still had full use of limbs and speech, memory etc. That was in 2003 and I still have the pain and burning in my larger muscle groups every day, every hour of the day. I have tried the many different pain management progr ...
- Mental or emotional symptoms of warfarin sodium
Took Coumadin or Warfarin sodium for 18 years it introduced some strange behaviors causing the people around me to think it was caused by the small stroke I had (why I was put on Coumadin). I was switched to Xarelto and within a few days I could remember the things I had been doing and thinking abo ...
- Levitra affect on atrail fibrulation
On Levitra 4 days 20mg for prostate issues AF flated up after the fourth day. Urine flow was back to normal after a month on antibiotic, enlarged Protate.
No affect on increasing ER.
- My near-death experience with disopyramide phosphate
I experienced extreme toxicity requiring Emergency Room treatment and intensive care (6 days). I was not expected to live, with liver and kidney failure and hypoglycemia (Glucose level was 27 before entering hospital). A Billings, Montana cardiologist prescribed Disopyramide Phosphate in August 2011 ...
More reviews for: Atrial fibrillation, Platelet count decreased
Common treatments for Atrial Fibrillation and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Atrial fibrillation symptoms:
- International Normalised Ratio Increased in Atrial fibrillation (3,119 reports)
- Breathlessness in Atrial fibrillation (2,416 reports)
- Vertigo in Atrial fibrillation (2,366 reports)
- Lack Of Strength in Atrial fibrillation (2,205 reports)
- Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage in Atrial fibrillation (2,173 reports)
- Nausea in Atrial fibrillation (1,946 reports)
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness in Atrial fibrillation (1,910 reports)
- Frequent Bowel Movements in Atrial fibrillation (1,783 reports)
- Fall in Atrial fibrillation (1,617 reports)
- Low Blood Pressure in Atrial fibrillation (1,596 reports)
Platelet Count Decreased related symptom studies:
Related drug studies for: Atrial fibrillation, Platelet count decreased
Recent Atrial Fibrillation related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Atrial fibrillation, Platelet count decreased
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (51 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (53 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (5 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (5 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (5 hours ago)
- Loss Of Appetite
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Stress And Anxiety
- Sleep Disorder
- Blood In Stool