Would you have Syncope (Fainting) when you have Atrial fibrillation?
Summary: Syncope is found among people with Atrial fibrillation, especially people who are male, 60+ old, also have High blood pressure, and take medication Digoxin.
We study 723 people who have Syncope (Fainting) and Atrial fibrillation from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Atrial fibrillation and Syncope >>>
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) can be treated by Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin, Flecainide Acetate, Pradaxa, Sotalol Hydrochloride, Digoxin. (latest reports from 87,259 Atrial Fibrillation patients)
Syncope (loss of consciousness with an inability to maintain postural tone) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 49,829 Syncope patients)
On Feb, 11, 2015: 723 people who have atrial fibrillation and Syncope are studied.
Gender of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Syncope * :
Age of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Syncope * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (124 people, 17.15%)
- Atrial flutter (40 people, 5.53%)
- Prophylaxis (33 people, 4.56%)
- Anxiety (23 people, 3.18%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (21 people, 2.90%)
- Cardiac failure (21 people, 2.90%)
- Diabetes mellitus (21 people, 2.90%)
- Hypothyroidism (20 people, 2.77%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (18 people, 2.49%)
- Hyperuricaemia (15 people, 2.07%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Digoxin (179 people, 24.76%)
- Warfarin sodium (172 people, 23.79%)
- Aspirin (162 people, 22.41%)
- Coumadin (130 people, 17.98%)
- Furosemide (110 people, 15.21%)
- Pradaxa (91 people, 12.59%)
- Lasix (88 people, 12.17%)
- Simvastatin (77 people, 10.65%)
- Lisinopril (73 people, 10.10%)
- Metoprolol tartrate (71 people, 9.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of atrial fibrillation and syncope on
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation and Syncope?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who have Syncope and Atrial fibrillation
- support group for people who have Atrial fibrillation
- support group for people who have Syncope
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Citrate, Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Mirtazapine, Remeron, Remeron Soltab, Tryptophan for a 35-year old man with Sleep Lack Of (ptsd), In Conjunction With Remeron/mirtazapine To Block/prevent Nightmares, Lack Of Strength, Balance Disorder, Living Will, Depression. The patient has Spasms Of The Hands Or Feet, Weight Gain, Anxiety Disorder, Agitation, Vulnerable To Suggestion, Piss/crap Self, Abdominal Pain Lower, Hyperactive Sight, Smell And Sound Sensory, Slow Response To Stimuli, Blurred Vision, Black Outs/time Loss, Dizziness, Fainting, Pulmonary Embolism, Pulmonary Hypertension, Nightmares, Depression, Depression Suicidal, Suicidal Ideation, Poisoning
- A study of side effects of Nexplanon for a 29-year old woman with Birth Control. The patient has Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine (headache that has characteristics of both a tension headache and a migraine headache), Pain - Back, Food Craving, Abdominal Pain Lower, Hunger (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires), Lightheadedness - Fainting (a common and often unpleasant sensation feeling that one may be about to faint), Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Januvia, Simvastatin, Dilantin-30, Dyrenium, Warfarin Sodium, Sotalol Hydrochloride, Metformin for a 64-year old man with Low Blood Sugar, Total Cholesterol, Bata Blocker, Fluid Retention, Blood Thinner, Atrial Fibrillation, Diabetic Coma. The patient has Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Bisoprolol Fumarate for a 61-year old woman with Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Anxiety, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Loss Of Voice
- A study of side effects of Xarelto for a 62-year old man with Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Otosclerosis Exacerbated (an abnormal growth of bone near the middle ear)
Recent Atrial Fibrillation related drug comparison:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.