Review: could Atrial fibrillation cause Syncope?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 8, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.4/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 41,472 people who have Atrial fibrillation. Among them, 722 experience Syncope (Fainting). See who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Atrial fibrillation (latest reports from 369,942 patients) is typically treated by Coumadin, Warfarin Sodium, Flecainide Acetate, Digoxin, Sotalol Hydrochloride, Pradaxa.
Syncope (loss of consciousness with an inability to maintain postural tone) (latest reports from 311,242 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis.
On Feb, 15, 2014: 41,426 people who have atrial fibrillation are studied. Among them, 656 (1.58%) have Syncope.
Gender of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Syncope * :
Age of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Syncope * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (118 people, 17.99%)
- Prophylaxis (30 people, 4.57%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (21 people, 3.20%)
- Anxiety (21 people, 3.20%)
- Diabetes mellitus (19 people, 2.90%)
- Hypothyroidism (17 people, 2.59%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (15 people, 2.29%)
- Cardiac failure (14 people, 2.13%)
- Hyperuricaemia (14 people, 2.13%)
- Urinary tract infection (12 people, 1.83%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Digoxin (174 people, 26.52%)
- Warfarin sodium (169 people, 25.76%)
- Aspirin (153 people, 23.32%)
- Coumadin (127 people, 19.36%)
- Furosemide (97 people, 14.79%)
- Lasix (86 people, 13.11%)
- Pradaxa (77 people, 11.74%)
- Simvastatin (75 people, 11.43%)
- Lisinopril (70 people, 10.67%)
- Metoprolol tartrate (66 people, 10.06%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Atrial fibrillation, Syncope
You can also:
Common treatments for Atrial Fibrillation and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Browse all Atrial fibrillation symptoms from A to Z:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
morning sweating feeling faint then ok rest of the day
From this study (2 months ago):
Several months after starting xarelto short term memory losses became annoying, just normal things, but seemed more often. Now I have to write everything down and daughter has to go to appts with me because I can't remember what to say or what doctor said to do.
Have "fainted" 3 times unexpectedly, with no warning at all,and no memory,just what people around me say happened.
None of this happened until after I was put on xarelto.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Atrial fibrillation, Syncope
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Mental or emotional symptoms of warfarin sodium
Took Coumadin or Warfarin sodium for 18 years it introduced some strange behaviors causing the people around me to think it was caused by the small stroke I had (why I was put on Coumadin). I was switched to Xarelto and within a few days I could remember the things I had been doing and thinking abo ...
- Trying to figure out my diagnosis . no doctor can figure it out
I have been having these fainting spells since I was 12 .. It starts with lower abdominal pain followed by feeling light headed then I black out and my body shakes kind of like a seizure but last a few seconds then I come to ..then I feel nausea and also I have chills
- Levitra affect on atrail fibrulation
On Levitra 4 days 20mg for prostate issues AF flated up after the fourth day. Urine flow was back to normal after a month on antibiotic, enlarged Protate.
No affect on increasing ER.
More reviews for: Atrial fibrillation, Syncope
Recent related drug studies on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Calcium, CoQ-10, Losartan, Carvedilol, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Bumetanide, Methotrexate, Prednisone, Xarelto for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation, Bone Strength And Calcium, Health, High Blood Pressure, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Fainting, Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss)
More related studies for: Atrial fibrillation, Syncope
Recent Atrial Fibrillation related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Atrial fibrillation, Syncope
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.