Home > Atrial fibrillation > Syncope > Atrial fibrillation and Syncope
Review: could Atrial fibrillation cause Syncope (Fainting)?
We study 41,670 people who have Atrial fibrillation from FDA and social media. Among them, 723 have Syncope (Fainting). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Atrial fibrillation and Syncope >>>
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) (latest reports from 389,490 patients) can be treated by Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin, Flecainide Acetate, Digoxin, Pradaxa, Amiodarone Hydrochloride.
Syncope (loss of consciousness with an inability to maintain postural tone) (latest reports from 319,069 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 41,662 people who have atrial fibrillation are studied. Among them, 723 (1.74%) have Syncope.
Gender of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Syncope * :
Age of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Syncope * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (124 people, 17.15%)
- Atrial flutter (40 people, 5.53%)
- Prophylaxis (33 people, 4.56%)
- Anxiety (23 people, 3.18%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (21 people, 2.90%)
- Cardiac failure (21 people, 2.90%)
- Diabetes mellitus (21 people, 2.90%)
- Hypothyroidism (20 people, 2.77%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (18 people, 2.49%)
- Hyperuricaemia (15 people, 2.07%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Digoxin (179 people, 24.76%)
- Warfarin sodium (172 people, 23.79%)
- Aspirin (162 people, 22.41%)
- Coumadin (130 people, 17.98%)
- Furosemide (110 people, 15.21%)
- Pradaxa (91 people, 12.59%)
- Lasix (88 people, 12.17%)
- Simvastatin (77 people, 10.65%)
- Lisinopril (73 people, 10.10%)
- Metoprolol tartrate (71 people, 9.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation and Syncope?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Syncope and Atrial fibrillation
- support group for people who have Atrial fibrillation
- support group for people who have Syncope
Comments from related studies:
From this study (8 months ago):
morning sweating feeling faint then ok rest of the day
From this study (10 months ago):
Several months after starting xarelto short term memory losses became annoying, just normal things, but seemed more often. Now I have to write everything down and daughter has to go to appts with me because I can't remember what to say or what doctor said to do.
Have "fainted" 3 times unexpectedly, with no warning at all,and no memory,just what people around me say happened.
None of this happened until after I was put on xarelto.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Atrial fibrillation, Syncope
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Hydrocodone and a-fib
After having two strokes and was given pain and burning on my right side but still had full use of limbs and speech, memory etc. That was in 2003 and I still have the pain and burning in my larger muscle groups every day, every hour of the day. I have tried the many different pain management progr ...
- Mental or emotional symptoms of warfarin sodium
Took Coumadin or Warfarin sodium for 18 years it introduced some strange behaviors causing the people around me to think it was caused by the small stroke I had (why I was put on Coumadin). I was switched to Xarelto and within a few days I could remember the things I had been doing and thinking abo ...
More reviews for: Atrial fibrillation, Syncope
Common treatments for Atrial Fibrillation and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Atrial fibrillation symptoms:
- International Normalised Ratio Increased in Atrial fibrillation (3,119 reports)
- Dyspnea in Atrial fibrillation (2,472 reports)
- Vertigo in Atrial fibrillation (2,367 reports)
- Weakness in Atrial fibrillation (2,204 reports)
- Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage in Atrial fibrillation (2,173 reports)
- Nausea in Atrial fibrillation (1,946 reports)
- Weariness in Atrial fibrillation (1,912 reports)
- Stools - Watery in Atrial fibrillation (1,783 reports)
- Fall in Atrial fibrillation (1,617 reports)
- Hypotension in Atrial fibrillation (1,596 reports)
Syncope related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.