Home > Atrial fibrillation > Weight gain > Atrial fibrillation and Weight gain
Review: could Atrial fibrillation cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
We study 41,644 people who have Atrial fibrillation from FDA and social media. Among them, 382 have Weight gain (Weight increased). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get a free personalized report of your drugs: we study for you 352 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. Start to use eHealthMe >>>
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) (latest reports from 385,824 patients) can be treated by Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin, Flecainide Acetate, Sotalol Hydrochloride, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Digoxin.
Weight gain (latest reports from 527,847 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Sep, 12, 2014: 41,633 people who have atrial fibrillation are studied. Among them, 382 (0.92%) have Weight Gain.
Gender of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Weight gain * :
|Weight gain||53.28%||46.72% |
Age of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Weight gain * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.67%||2.57%||9.35%||83.64% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||6.67%||46.67%||33.33%||13.33% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (100 people, 26.18%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (52 people, 13.61%)
- Atrial flutter (42 people, 10.99%)
- Hypothyroidism (37 people, 9.69%)
- Diabetes mellitus (31 people, 8.12%)
- Arthritis (19 people, 4.97%)
- Arthralgia (18 people, 4.71%)
- Cardiac failure (17 people, 4.45%)
- Anxiety (17 people, 4.45%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (16 people, 4.19%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Multaq (123 people, 32.20%)
- Coumadin (108 people, 28.27%)
- Aspirin (104 people, 27.23%)
- Pradaxa (100 people, 26.18%)
- Lasix (76 people, 19.90%)
- Digoxin (74 people, 19.37%)
- Warfarin sodium (66 people, 17.28%)
- Tikosyn (57 people, 14.92%)
- Furosemide (54 people, 14.14%)
- Lipitor (49 people, 12.83%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation and Weight Gain?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Weight Gain and Atrial fibrillation
- group for people who have Atrial fibrillation
- group for people who have Weight Gain
Comments from related studies:
From this study (11 months ago):
one year ago December, he was hospitalized when glucose levels were out of control. During this time, becasue he had fallen, they did a complete neuro and saaid he had hydrocephalus. They did three taps and reduced the fluid. His glucose got under control and he began insulin therapy. Along with physical and occupational thereapy post hospital. After 3 weeks came home and was doing better but he seems to be going downhill again. Is not managing his diabetes, and is exhibiting same symptoms from prior to hospital visit 12/2012.
Could fluid be back? His toes are hammering/curling under terribly and his walking his slow and unsure. He also has some neuropathy ion both feet. Incontinence. Occassional exploding BM's.
From this study (2 years ago):
Not all of the outcomes a
had dropdowns I hope I filled it out right,
From this study (2 years ago):
I have been on warafrin 6 mg 6 days per week and 7 mg 1 day per week for almost 3 years and have not felt good since. I seem to get every in fection that comes along. It seems my resistance to infection has been affected by this drug. my immune system has gone to pot.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Atrial fibrillation, Weight gain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lyrica varied widely
I was prescribed Lyrica for treatment of chronic pain. It was ineffective, but it knocked out the symptoms of interstitial. However, it also caused rapid weight gain (I went from 110 to 130 lbs. in just a few weeks) and my ankles started to swell. The pain doctor advised me to discontinue the dru ...
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Crestor side effects
I'm a vegetarian all my life , very athletic, I work out a lot , I run. In the last year or two My cholesterol seems to go high, my primary Doctor knows that I go for the healthy stuff so he advice a couple of things. But unfortunately nothing woks so he put me on Crestor, it has been a really bad e ...
More reviews for: Atrial fibrillation, Weight gain
Common treatments for Atrial Fibrillation and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Atrial fibrillation symptoms:
- International Normalised Ratio Increased in Atrial fibrillation (3,119 reports)
- Dyspnoea in Atrial fibrillation (2,416 reports)
- Lightheadedness in Atrial fibrillation (2,366 reports)
- Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness in Atrial fibrillation (2,204 reports)
- Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage in Atrial fibrillation (2,173 reports)
- Nausea in Atrial fibrillation (1,946 reports)
- Exhaustion in Atrial fibrillation (1,908 reports)
- Diarrhea in Atrial fibrillation (1,783 reports)
- Fall in Atrial fibrillation (1,617 reports)
- Lower Blood Pressure in Atrial fibrillation (1,560 reports)
Weight Gain related symptom studies:
- Weight Gain in Anxiety (2,083 reports)
- Weight Gain in Bipolar disorder (2,632 reports)
- Weight Gain in Blood pressure (3,102 reports)
- Weight Gain in Depression (4,892 reports)
- Weight Gain in Diabetes mellitus (2,152 reports)
- Weight Gain in Hypercholesterolaemia (2,206 reports)
- Weight Gain in Hypertension (3,327 reports)
- Weight Gain in Pain (2,311 reports)
- Weight Gain in Pregnancy (2,181 reports)
- Weight Gain in Type 2 diabetes mellitus (2,101 reports)
Atrial Fibrillation is also known as: A-fib, Atrial Flutter, Atrial fibrillation/flutter, Auricular fibrillation, Heart Fibrillation.
Weight Gain is also known as: Weight gain - unintentional, Weight increased.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.