Would you have Weight gain (Weight increased) when you have Atrial fibrillation?
Summary: Weight gain is found among people with Atrial fibrillation, especially people who are female, 50-59 old, also have High blood pressure, and take medication Multaq.
We study 382 people who have Weight gain (Weight increased) and Atrial fibrillation from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Atrial fibrillation and Weight gain >>>
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) can be treated by Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin, Flecainide Acetate, Digoxin, Sotalol Hydrochloride, Pradaxa. (latest reports from 87,259 Atrial Fibrillation patients)
Weight gain has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 76,592 Weight gain patients)
On Feb, 19, 2015: 382 people who have atrial fibrillation and Weight Gain are studied.
Gender of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Weight gain * :
|Weight gain||53.28%||46.72% |
Age of people who have atrial fibrillation and experienced Weight gain * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.66%||2.56%||9.32%||83.45% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||6.67%||46.67%||33.33%||13.33% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (100 people, 26.18%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (52 people, 13.61%)
- Atrial flutter (42 people, 10.99%)
- Hypothyroidism (37 people, 9.69%)
- Diabetes mellitus (31 people, 8.12%)
- Arthritis (19 people, 4.97%)
- Arthralgia (18 people, 4.71%)
- Cardiac failure (17 people, 4.45%)
- Anxiety (17 people, 4.45%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (16 people, 4.19%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Multaq (123 people, 32.20%)
- Coumadin (108 people, 28.27%)
- Aspirin (104 people, 27.23%)
- Pradaxa (100 people, 26.18%)
- Lasix (76 people, 19.90%)
- Digoxin (74 people, 19.37%)
- Warfarin sodium (66 people, 17.28%)
- Tikosyn (57 people, 14.92%)
- Furosemide (54 people, 14.14%)
- Lipitor (49 people, 12.83%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of atrial fibrillation and weight gain on
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation and Weight Gain?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who have Weight Gain and Atrial fibrillation
- support group for people who have Atrial fibrillation
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
- A study of side effects of NyQuil for a 39-year old woman with Flu. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Citrate, Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Mirtazapine, Remeron, Remeron Soltab, Tryptophan for a 35-year old man with Sleep Lack Of (ptsd), In Conjunction With Remeron/mirtazapine To Block/prevent Nightmares, Lack Of Strength, Balance Disorder, Living Will, Depression. The patient has Spasms Of The Hands Or Feet, Weight Gain, Anxiety Disorder, Agitation, Vulnerable To Suggestion, Piss/crap Self, Abdominal Pain Lower, Hyperactive Sight, Smell And Sound Sensory, Slow Response To Stimuli, Blurred Vision, Black Outs/time Loss, Dizziness, Fainting, Pulmonary Embolism, Pulmonary Hypertension, Nightmares, Depression, Depression Suicidal, Suicidal Ideation, Poisoning
- A study of drug interactions between Januvia, Simvastatin, Dilantin-30, Dyrenium, Warfarin Sodium, Sotalol Hydrochloride, Metformin for a 64-year old man with Low Blood Sugar, Total Cholesterol, Bata Blocker, Fluid Retention, Blood Thinner, Atrial Fibrillation, Diabetic Coma. The patient has Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Armour Thyroid for a 52-year old woman with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Diverticulitis Intestinal (digestive disease which involves the formation of pouches (diverticula) within the intestinal wall), Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Cimzia for a 44-year old woman with Crohn's Disease. The patient has Weight Gain
Recent Atrial Fibrillation related drug comparison:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.