Atrial fibrillation and Cough - from FDA reports
Cough is found among people with Atrial fibrillation, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Pradaxa and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Cough with Atrial fibrillation. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,249 people who have Atrial fibrillation from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 15, 2017
1,249 people who have Atrial Fibrillation and Cough are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Atrial Fibrillation and experience Cough *:
- female: 52.01 %
- male: 47.99 %
Age of people who have Atrial Fibrillation and experience Cough *:
- 0-1: 0.1 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 1.14 %
- 40-49: 2.0 %
- 50-59: 6.77 %
- 60+: 89.99 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (261 people, 20.90%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (145 people, 11.61%)
- Stroke (121 people, 9.69%)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (67 people, 5.36%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (58 people, 4.64%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Pradaxa (318 people, 25.46%)
- Digoxin (172 people, 13.77%)
- Coumadin (145 people, 11.61%)
- Aspirin (143 people, 11.45%)
- Xarelto (136 people, 10.89%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (399 people, 31.95%)
- Fatigue (226 people, 18.09%)
- Weakness (191 people, 15.29%)
- Chest Pain (127 people, 10.17%)
- Dizziness (126 people, 10.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Cough and Atrial fibrillation?
- Check symptoms - is your cough caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeCough and Atrial fibrillation from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) can be treated by Warfarin sodium, Coumadin, Flecainide acetate, Digoxin, Pradaxa (latest reports from 181,335 Atrial fibrillation patients)
Cough has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, osteoporosis (latest reports from 149,331 Cough patients).
Browse all symptoms of Atrial fibrillationa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause CoughCough
Other conditions that could case CoughCough
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I take numerous vitamins along with a multi vitamin 2x daily. I have been taking vitamins for as long as I can remember and just recently developed a dry cough and metallic taste when I cough. I don't have any normal symptoms i.e.. High blood pressure, cold, flu, etc ... I am 64 and this ...
Been on benicar/hct for 10years, I am female, 61 years old. Developed a cough. Basically coughing 24/7. Out of control. And yes I pee my self. I have had it for a year. I have been off benicar for 2 weeks, Dr said it should be out of my System @3 weeks. How long did it take for the cough to go ...
I'm having an MRI for my lower back and am claustrophobic. My doc prescribed me 3 x 1 mg tablets of Lorazepam to be taken one a day starting two days before. That sounds like a recipe for not getting any work done, so I googled and found they recommend one tab 1 to 2 hours before and a second ...
Has anyone booked good results in using Taurine and L Argine or other supplements in conquering Afib or/and PVC's? I'm recovering from Ablation a view months ago and still have a lots of PVC's and read a lot about these supplements. henk
You may be interested in these reviews
Looking for people to communicate with that are experiencing episodic coughing spells after taking casodex. The cough is severe and makes me so fatigue and causes my back to hurt. What are others doing for their coughs?
Hi there, thank you for letting me join this group. I have had a-fib for 20 years. I'm thinking of starting Sam-e for depression, and am interested in the effects it has on a-fib, and the associated drugs. Thanks! Sue