Home > Autism > Drooling > Autism and Drooling
Would you have Drooling when you have Autism?
Summary: Drooling is found among people with Autism, especially people who are male, 2-9 old, also have Multiple allergies, and take medication Risperdal.
We study 9 people who have Drooling and Autism from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Autism and Drooling >>>
Autism (mental condition in which fantasy dominates over reality, as a symptom of schizophrenia and other disorders) (latest reports from 1,610 patients) can be treated by Risperdal, Abilify, Risperidone.
Drooling (drop saliva uncontrollably from the mouth) (latest reports from 2,494 patients) has been reported by people with schizophrenia, depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 840 people who have autism are studied. Among them, 9 (1.07%) have Drooling.
Gender of people who have autism and experienced Drooling * :
Age of people who have autism and experienced Drooling * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Multiple allergies (6 people, 66.67%)
- Convulsion (6 people, 66.67%)
- Bipolar disorder (1 people, 11.11%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Risperdal (9 people, 100.00%)
- Zyrtec (6 people, 66.67%)
- Depakote (6 people, 66.67%)
- Inderal (1 people, 11.11%)
- Olanzapine (1 people, 11.11%)
- Claritin (1 people, 11.11%)
- Neurontin (1 people, 11.11%)
- Abilify (1 people, 11.11%)
- Clozapine (1 people, 11.11%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (1 people, 11.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Autism and Drooling?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Drooling and Autism
- support group for people who have Autism
- support group for people who have Drooling
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Abilify, depakote, trazodone, meloxicam, for ehler danlos, autism, and fetal alcohol syndrome
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Cervical Kyphosis, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Ehlers-danlos Syndrome Type III, Autism, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, and takes Abilify, Depakote, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Meloxicam)
I have acute pain in my neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, thumbs, first fingers, get bad headaches, have memory problems bad, have someone manage my money, not good with math, problems with communication, and other stuff. I take these drugs I do not like how I have to stay out of the sun I like the s ...
More questions for: Autism, Drooling
More reviews for: Autism, Drooling
- A study of side effects of Sertraline for a patient with Depression. The patient has Anxiety, Sleep Apnea (a type of sleep disorder characterized by pauses in breathing), Cerebral Palsy, Feeling Sick Immediately After Eating Anything, Unstable Foetal Lie (changes its position during the prenatal period), Frequent Bowel Movements, Constipation, Dry Throat, Excessive Saliva (drop saliva uncontrollably from the mouth), Motion Sickness (travel sickness), Burping (noisily release air from the stomach through the mouth), Lump In The Groin (an area of swelling or growth in groin), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
Comments: I have all these symptoms / ailments and I don't know which are related and what's not. I am not sure if what I am experiencing is due to stomach, bowels or anxiety. The anxiety could be caused by the stomach issues as well. It's usually when I'm in a car, bus, plane or train. It's frustrating b ...
- A study of side effects of Bupropion Hydrochloride for a patient with Depression. The patient has Drooling (drop saliva uncontrollably from the mouth)
Comments: I started using Bupropion in November, but I started having an overproduction of saliva. Although I stopped the medication after ten days, the symptoms are present untill now, 3 months later. The´re not that severe as at the beginning but still annoying. Is this a known side effect of Bupriopion?
- A study of side effects of Invega for a patient with Autism. The patient has Catatonia (unresponsive to external stimuli)
Comments: They did a stay of commitment with my son & forced Invega on him. It appears he was possibly given a triple dose but at least a double dose when a nurse thought it should be given in am & we gave at bed r/t increased stupor when he took in am. He became with what mimics catatonia for this now is day ...
- A study of side effects of Clopidogrel for a patient with Vasculitis. The patient has Excessive Saliva (drop saliva uncontrollably from the mouth)
Comments: I was diagnosed with Vasculitis some 9 years ago and put on Clopilet to reduce blood clot problems. I have however noticed that in the last 1 year, I have a problem with excessive saliva and one Neuorologist thought it had to do with the continued intake of the drug - also I had a swelling on my ne ...
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a patient with Autism. The patient has Torticollis (a twisted neck in which the head is tipped to one side, while the chin is turned to the other)
Comments: the spasms have lessened. he does have some weeks when he seems fine. he is non verbal but will hold head to side shaking up and down followed sometimes by tantrum that could last from a couple minutes up to an hour. The duration has decreased over time and they have slowed. Will they eventually go ...
More related studies for: Autism, Drooling
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Dizziness and Marijuana
- Nasal Congestion and Bipolar Disorder
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Fluvoxamine Maleate
- Anyone have severe mouth blisters/ulcers from rituan lasting more than 8 months????
Answer: Mouth ulcers whenever I lower my abilify dosage. Went to d ... (20 hours ago)
- Does a side effect exist through maca (nutrition supplement from peru) like urinary tract infection or a kidney infection?
Answer: I seem to have exact the same simptoms as Klaus, I started ... (23 hours ago)
- Does benadryl work for pet dander?
Answer: In my experience, if a person takes Benadryl regularly the ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (11 hours ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (19 hours ago)
- Jakavi_side effects on weight gain
Gained 6 kgs after 3 months of using Jakafi 5mg (4 tabs)/d ... (1 day ago)