Home > Bipolar disorder > Copd > Bipolar disorder and Copd
Would you have Copd (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) when you have Bipolar disorder?
Summary: Copd is found among people with Bipolar disorder, especially people who are female, 50-59 old, also have Depression, and take medication Seroquel.
We study 155 people who have Copd (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) and Bipolar disorder from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Bipolar disorder and Copd >>>
Bipolar disorder (mood disorder) (latest reports from 78,946 patients) can be treated by Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate, Abilify, Seroquel, Lamotrigine, Depakote.
Copd (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) (latest reports from 204,645 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, depression.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 36,737 people who have bipolar disorder are studied. Among them, 155 (0.42%) have Copd.
Gender of people who have bipolar disorder and experienced Copd * :
Age of people who have bipolar disorder and experienced Copd * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (58 people, 37.42%)
- Insomnia (26 people, 16.77%)
- Anxiety (24 people, 15.48%)
- Sleep disorder (22 people, 14.19%)
- Schizophrenia (22 people, 14.19%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (15 people, 9.68%)
- Bipolar i disorder (14 people, 9.03%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (14 people, 9.03%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (13 people, 8.39%)
- Pain (12 people, 7.74%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Seroquel (122 people, 78.71%)
- Zyprexa (63 people, 40.65%)
- Risperdal (33 people, 21.29%)
- Depakote (32 people, 20.65%)
- Lexapro (32 people, 20.65%)
- Geodon (28 people, 18.06%)
- Aspirin (26 people, 16.77%)
- Abilify (26 people, 16.77%)
- Spiriva (24 people, 15.48%)
- Paxil (24 people, 15.48%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bipolar Disorder and Copd?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Copd and Bipolar disorder
- support group for people who have Bipolar disorder
- support group for people who have Copd
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Am taking symbicort for copd, woke up with sinus discomfort, can i use fluticasone nasal spray
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has COPD, and takes Claritin Reditabs, CoQ10, Lovastatin, Tudorza Pressair, Lisinopril, Symbicort)
Developing sinus infection. Can I use fluticasone nasal spray
- Will the shaking stop or get worse
(Asked by a 18 year old girl who has Bipolar Disorder, and takes Lithium Carbonate)
Why do I shake and why must I take Epilizine as well
- Is rasberry ketone safe
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, COPD, TIA, and takes Sertraline, Aspirin, Simvastatin)
i had tia 2years ago is it safe to take rasbery ketone im on a diet
- Effects taking lamictal abilify and pristiq
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Blackouts Seizure, Bipolar Disorder, and takes Abilify, Lamictal, Pristiq)
Although I take these three drugs I am still experiencing symptoms of lethargy, lack of appetite Are these symptoms perhaps side effects of these grubs?
- Does anybody know if lamictal xr increases ck levels?
(Asked by a 29 year old man who has Bipolar Disorder, and takes Lamictal XR)
I was only taking Notryptiline 50 mg a day, 400 mg (200mg x 2 a day) of Lamectal XR, and my CK levels keep on going up. Which one of these medications is raising my CK levels? Does anybody know? Please help.
In March of 2014, I was hospitalized due to 5000 CK levels. I was released with CK ...
More questions for: Bipolar disorder, Copd
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Restless leg syndrome exasporation while on lovastatim.
(Posted by a 56 year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder, Increase Of Restless Leg Syndromeg, and takes Lovastatin)
I have been taking Lovastatin for 4 months and have had an increase in my Restless Leg Syndrome. It usually acts up in the afternoon when I'm relaxing. The symptoms seem to go away with rhythmic movement of the affected leg. Usually it is in only one leg at a time. I have also noted a fine tremo ...
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
(Posted by a 54 year old man who has COPD, Emphysema, and takes Prednisone)
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
- Bipolar patient extremely violent on seraquel
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Bipolar, and takes Seroquel)
I have been diagnosed bipolar for over 10 years. 3 years ago I was taken off of topamax and my seraquel was upped to 300 mg from 100 because I was pregnant. I was very violent! Punching, breaking stuff, in jail, in the psych ward. Yes pregnancy and bipolar are not a perfect combination. I too thoug ...
- Lexapro and memory loss
(Posted by a 23 year old woman who has PTSD, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, and takes Lexapro)
I actually have no idea what other medicine I was on the week I took Lexapro, it was back at the end of February 2014 right before I checked myself into the psych hospital. I formed no memory for a whole week just because of one drug! My friends and family tell me what happened that week and I have ...
- How saphris causedmy husbands death
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Depression, Bipolar Disorder, and takes Saphris)
My husband was given saphris to treat bipolar disorder in June, 2010. After taking it for two weeks,the dosage was increased. On July 29, 2010, he started having hallucinations and before I could get help (we lived in rural area), he committed suicide.
More reviews for: Bipolar disorder, Copd
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a patient with Bipolar. The patient has Dry Eye (lack of adequate tears)
Comments: I have been experiencing symptoms of dry eye, stinging and burning and dryness in my eyes for 10 years shortly after being put on lamictal. I'm trying to see if there is anyone else who has experienced this.
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a patient with Bipolar. The patient has Maple Syrup Urine Disease (inherited disorder of metabolism in which the urine has a odour characteristic of maple syrup)
Comments: I have sjogrens and possible mild SLE, hypothyroidism, and bipolar II. I have been off most of my meds for the past 6 mos. I have recently restarted seroquel to help me sleep. Today for the first time ever I noticed a strong maple syrupy smell to my urine. I never knew it was a thing, but looke ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Vyvanse for a patient with Bipolar Disorder, Adhd. The patient has Headache - Tension, Stomach Pain, Irritability, Sexual Dysfunction, Anxiety, Depression
Comments: I feel that i get depressed and anxiety when the medication wears off. Also the irritability does too. My biggest concern is the sexual dysfunction. I've been taking both medications for about a week now and its the first time I've experienced it. I cant even get myself hard and i feel that my penis ...
- A study of drug interactions between Yasmin, Lamictal for a patient with Menstruation Irregular, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has
Comments: My depression has slowly increased but maybe it is the seasonal depression cycle. I am more concerned about the effectiveness of Yasmin.
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Abilify for a patient with Depression, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Abdominal Pain
Comments: It is an abdominal pain in the center of my abdomen above the naval. It is a dull ache and comes and goes daily.
More related studies for: Bipolar disorder, Copd
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Major Depression
- Mirena and Uterine Contractions Abnormal
- Dry Mouth and Lamictal
- Bipolar 2 and Dry Mouth
- Dry Mouth and Cymbalta
- Feeding tube complications flomax
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication ... (13 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: My hair falls out too, but it was falling out before I was ... (19 hours ago)
- Feeling dizziness in the morning. is it due to glaucoma
Since 3 days I am feeling dizziness in the morning for abo ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (1 day ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (1 day ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (2 days ago)