Review: could Bipolar disorder cause Erectile dysfunction?
We study 36,681 people who have Bipolar disorder from FDA and social media. Among them, 238 have Erectile dysfunction (Erection problems). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Stay connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Bipolar disorder and Erectile dysfunction >>>
Bipolar disorder (latest reports from 79,843 patients) can be treated by Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate, Seroquel, Lamotrigine, Abilify, Depakote.
Erectile dysfunction (latest reports from 129,507 patients) has been reported by people with erection problems, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, hair loss.
On Aug, 13, 2014: 36,668 people who have bipolar disorder are studied. Among them, 241 (0.66%) have Erectile Dysfunction. They amount to 0.19% of all the 129,507 people who have Erectile Dysfunction on eHealthMe.
Age of people who have bipolar disorder and experienced Erectile dysfunction * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||2.34%||5.86%||26.17%||42.58%||19.14%||4.30% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||47.37%||42.11%||10.53% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (73 people, 30.29%)
- Insomnia (37 people, 15.35%)
- Anxiety (35 people, 14.52%)
- Central nervous system lesion (23 people, 9.54%)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (23 people, 9.54%)
- Sleep disorder (22 people, 9.13%)
- Affective disorder (17 people, 7.05%)
- Emotional disorder (14 people, 5.81%)
- Nerve injury (14 people, 5.81%)
- Psychotic disorder (14 people, 5.81%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Seroquel (93 people, 38.59%)
- Risperdal (60 people, 24.90%)
- Abilify (55 people, 22.82%)
- Depakote (47 people, 19.50%)
- Carbamazepine (47 people, 19.50%)
- Lithium carbonate (45 people, 18.67%)
- Zyprexa (40 people, 16.60%)
- Lamictal (39 people, 16.18%)
- Clonazepam (37 people, 15.35%)
- Zoloft (34 people, 14.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
Get connected! Join a mobile support group to help out with your experience or learn from others anytime and anywhere:
- group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction and Bipolar disorder
- group for people who have Bipolar disorder
- group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction
Common treatments for Bipolar Disorder and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
Have been on blood pressure meds for 6-8 mos. minimum w/no problems, so I strongly suspect my erectile dysfunction is NOT due to any of these. However, have noticed since being on Depakote - which has greatly helped with bipolar disorder - I've had moderate to "severe" ED. (I wouldn't use that term, but it's more than moderate.)
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Bipolar disorder, Erectile dysfunction
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
- My t.d. and my living hell
I was dianosed with T.D. on Sept. 19, 2013...by a neurologist at St. Peters Hospital in Albany, NY...I was taken there because of concern that I had suffered a stroke...since then, life for, not only me, but my family has pretty much come to a screeching halt...I seemed to have hit the jackpot as fa ...
- Prednisone causes erection and ejaculant increases
I am being treated for a lung infection and swelling in the lung with Prednisone. After just the first day I awake with a full erection and increased ejaculation.
I don't like the Viagra's side affects! Such as facial flush and head ache and unlike Prednisone, Viagra does not help increase my ...
More reviews for: Bipolar disorder, Erectile dysfunction
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.