Home > Bipolar disorder > Erectile dysfunction > Bipolar disorder and Erectile dysfunction
Review: could Bipolar disorder cause Erectile dysfunction (Erection problems)?
We study 36,737 people who have Bipolar disorder from FDA and social media. Among them, 242 have Erectile dysfunction (Erection problems). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Bipolar disorder and Erectile dysfunction >>>
Bipolar disorder (mood disorder) (latest reports from 79,815 patients) can be treated by Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate, Seroquel, Abilify, Lamotrigine, Depakote.
Erectile dysfunction (latest reports from 131,840 patients) has been reported by people with erection problems, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, hair loss.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 36,730 people who have bipolar disorder are studied. Among them, 242 (0.66%) have Erectile Dysfunction.
Age of people who have bipolar disorder and experienced Erectile dysfunction * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||2.33%||5.84%||26.07%||42.80%||19.07%||4.28% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||45.00%||45.00%||10.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (73 people, 30.17%)
- Insomnia (37 people, 15.29%)
- Anxiety (35 people, 14.46%)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (23 people, 9.50%)
- Central nervous system lesion (23 people, 9.50%)
- Sleep disorder (22 people, 9.09%)
- Affective disorder (17 people, 7.02%)
- Bipolar i disorder (14 people, 5.79%)
- Nerve injury (14 people, 5.79%)
- Hypertension (14 people, 5.79%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Seroquel (93 people, 38.43%)
- Risperdal (60 people, 24.79%)
- Abilify (55 people, 22.73%)
- Carbamazepine (47 people, 19.42%)
- Depakote (47 people, 19.42%)
- Lithium carbonate (46 people, 19.01%)
- Zyprexa (40 people, 16.53%)
- Lamictal (39 people, 16.12%)
- Clonazepam (37 people, 15.29%)
- Zoloft (34 people, 14.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bipolar Disorder and Erectile Dysfunction?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction and Bipolar disorder
- support group for people who have Bipolar disorder
- support group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
Have been on blood pressure meds for 6-8 mos. minimum w/no problems, so I strongly suspect my erectile dysfunction is NOT due to any of these. However, have noticed since being on Depakote - which has greatly helped with bipolar disorder - I've had moderate to "severe" ED. (I wouldn't use that term, but it's more than moderate.)
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Bipolar disorder, Erectile dysfunction
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lexapro and memory loss
I actually have no idea what other medicine I was on the week I took Lexapro, it was back at the end of February 2014 right before I checked myself into the psych hospital. I formed no memory for a whole week just because of one drug! My friends and family tell me what happened that week and I have ...
- How saphris causedmy husbands death
My husband was given saphris to treat bipolar disorder in June, 2010. After taking it for two weeks,the dosage was increased. On July 29, 2010, he started having hallucinations and before I could get help (we lived in rural area), he committed suicide.
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
More reviews for: Bipolar disorder, Erectile dysfunction
Common treatments for Bipolar Disorder and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Bipolar disorder symptoms:
- Inability To Sleep in Bipolar disorder (2,957 reports)
- Diabetes in Bipolar disorder (2,714 reports)
- Rash Generalised in Bipolar disorder (2,681 reports)
- Weight Gain - Unintentional in Bipolar disorder (2,633 reports)
- Niddm in Bipolar disorder (2,074 reports)
- Antidepressant Therapy in Bipolar disorder (2,005 reports)
- Anxiety in Bipolar disorder (1,939 reports)
- Exhaustion in Bipolar disorder (1,738 reports)
- Sleepy in Bipolar disorder (1,732 reports)
- Drug Not Working in Bipolar disorder (1,675 reports)
Erectile Dysfunction related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zolpidem Tartrate, Topamax, Lorazepam, Sertraline, Wellbutrin Xl for a 42-year old woman who has Insomnia, Seizure Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Depression (20 minutes ago)
- MSM, Ginseng, Panax, Ginger, Saw Palmetto for a 114-year old woman who has Ykyik, Jtuj, Etg, Rtg (26 minutes ago)
- Flomax for a 54-year old man who has BPH (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Chantix and Dementia Alzheimer\'s Type
- Abnormal Dreams
- Rebif and Ovarian Cancer Recurrent
- Atrial Flutter and Multiple Sclerosis
- Victoza and Atrial Fibrillation
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (6 hours ago)
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Stress And Anxiety
- Sleep Disorder
- Suicide And Suicidal Behavior