Home > Bipolar disorder > Flat affect > Bipolar disorder and Flat affect
Would you have Flat affect when you have Bipolar disorder?
Summary: Flat affect is found among people with Bipolar disorder, especially people who are female, 40-49 old, also have Hallucination, and take medication Zyprexa.
We study 55 people who have Flat affect and Bipolar disorder from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Bipolar disorder and Flat affect >>>
Bipolar disorder (mood disorder) (latest reports from 78,946 patients) can be treated by Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate, Abilify, Seroquel, Lamotrigine, Depakote.
Flat affect (absence of emotional response to a situation) (latest reports from 8,011 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety, bipolar disorder.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 36,747 people who have bipolar disorder are studied. Among them, 55 (0.15%) have Flat Affect.
Gender of people who have bipolar disorder and experienced Flat affect * :
|Flat affect||55.74%||44.26% |
Age of people who have bipolar disorder and experienced Flat affect * :
|Flat affect||0.00%||1.69%||11.86%||13.56%||11.86%||32.20%||27.12%||3.39% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Flat affect||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hallucination (8 people, 14.55%)
- Depression (8 people, 14.55%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 7.27%)
- Nightmare (3 people, 5.45%)
- Thinking abnormal (3 people, 5.45%)
- Antidepressant therapy (3 people, 5.45%)
- Acne (3 people, 5.45%)
- Muscle disorder (3 people, 5.45%)
- Back pain (3 people, 5.45%)
- Panic disorder (2 people, 3.64%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Zyprexa (19 people, 34.55%)
- Geodon (16 people, 29.09%)
- Risperdal (16 people, 29.09%)
- Seroquel (15 people, 27.27%)
- Depakote (12 people, 21.82%)
- Effexor (11 people, 20.00%)
- Celexa (10 people, 18.18%)
- Cogentin (10 people, 18.18%)
- Parnate (8 people, 14.55%)
- Lamotrigine (8 people, 14.55%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bipolar Disorder and Flat Affect?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Flat Affect and Bipolar disorder
- support group for people who have Bipolar disorder
- support group for people who have Flat Affect
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Will the shaking stop or get worse
(Asked by a 18 year old girl who has Bipolar Disorder, and takes Lithium Carbonate)
Why do I shake and why must I take Epilizine as well
- Effects taking lamictal abilify and pristiq
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Blackouts Seizure, Bipolar Disorder, and takes Abilify, Lamictal, Pristiq)
Although I take these three drugs I am still experiencing symptoms of lethargy, lack of appetite Are these symptoms perhaps side effects of these grubs?
- Does anybody know if lamictal xr increases ck levels?
(Asked by a 29 year old man who has Bipolar Disorder, and takes Lamictal XR)
I was only taking Notryptiline 50 mg a day, 400 mg (200mg x 2 a day) of Lamectal XR, and my CK levels keep on going up. Which one of these medications is raising my CK levels? Does anybody know? Please help.
In March of 2014, I was hospitalized due to 5000 CK levels. I was released with CK ...
- Can rituxan cause bipolar disorder?
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Bipolar Disorder, and takes Depakote, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Abilify)
recently started rituxan. Now have bipolar disorder. Could there be any connection?
- Is there an interaction between garcinia cambogia and latuda
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder, and takes Multivitamin)
I just want to know do to weight problems I have tryed a lot of medications and all they have done was cause me nothing but weightgain and i just looking for a anwser to my question is their anyone who can help me.
More questions for: Bipolar disorder, Flat affect
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Restless leg syndrome exasporation while on lovastatim.
(Posted by a 56 year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder, Increase Of Restless Leg Syndromeg, and takes Lovastatin)
I have been taking Lovastatin for 4 months and have had an increase in my Restless Leg Syndrome. It usually acts up in the afternoon when I'm relaxing. The symptoms seem to go away with rhythmic movement of the affected leg. Usually it is in only one leg at a time. I have also noted a fine tremo ...
- Bipolar patient extremely violent on seraquel
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Bipolar, and takes Seroquel)
I have been diagnosed bipolar for over 10 years. 3 years ago I was taken off of topamax and my seraquel was upped to 300 mg from 100 because I was pregnant. I was very violent! Punching, breaking stuff, in jail, in the psych ward. Yes pregnancy and bipolar are not a perfect combination. I too thoug ...
- Lexapro and memory loss
(Posted by a 23 year old woman who has PTSD, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, and takes Lexapro)
I actually have no idea what other medicine I was on the week I took Lexapro, it was back at the end of February 2014 right before I checked myself into the psych hospital. I formed no memory for a whole week just because of one drug! My friends and family tell me what happened that week and I have ...
- How saphris causedmy husbands death
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Depression, Bipolar Disorder, and takes Saphris)
My husband was given saphris to treat bipolar disorder in June, 2010. After taking it for two weeks,the dosage was increased. On July 29, 2010, he started having hallucinations and before I could get help (we lived in rural area), he committed suicide.
- My t.d. and my living hell
(Posted by a 63 year old man who has Raynauds, BiPolar, GERD, ADD, Barretts Syndrome, Tardive Dyskinesia)
I was dianosed with T.D. on Sept. 19, 2013...by a neurologist at St. Peters Hospital in Albany, NY...I was taken there because of concern that I had suffered a stroke...since then, life for, not only me, but my family has pretty much come to a screeching halt...I seemed to have hit the jackpot as fa ...
More reviews for: Bipolar disorder, Flat affect
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a patient with Bipolar. The patient has Dry Eye (lack of adequate tears)
Comments: I have been experiencing symptoms of dry eye, stinging and burning and dryness in my eyes for 10 years shortly after being put on lamictal. I'm trying to see if there is anyone else who has experienced this.
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a patient with Bipolar. The patient has Maple Syrup Urine Disease (inherited disorder of metabolism in which the urine has a odour characteristic of maple syrup)
Comments: I have sjogrens and possible mild SLE, hypothyroidism, and bipolar II. I have been off most of my meds for the past 6 mos. I have recently restarted seroquel to help me sleep. Today for the first time ever I noticed a strong maple syrupy smell to my urine. I never knew it was a thing, but looke ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Vyvanse for a patient with Bipolar Disorder, Adhd. The patient has Headache - Tension, Stomach Pain, Irritability, Sexual Dysfunction, Anxiety, Depression
Comments: I feel that i get depressed and anxiety when the medication wears off. Also the irritability does too. My biggest concern is the sexual dysfunction. I've been taking both medications for about a week now and its the first time I've experienced it. I cant even get myself hard and i feel that my penis ...
- A study of drug interactions between Yasmin, Lamictal for a patient with Menstruation Irregular, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has
Comments: My depression has slowly increased but maybe it is the seasonal depression cycle. I am more concerned about the effectiveness of Yasmin.
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Abilify for a patient with Depression, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Abdominal Pain
Comments: It is an abdominal pain in the center of my abdomen above the naval. It is a dull ache and comes and goes daily.
More related studies for: Bipolar disorder, Flat affect
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.