Would you have Restless legs syndrome (Restless leg syndrome) when you have Bipolar disorder?
Summary: Restless legs syndrome is found among people with Bipolar disorder, especially people who are female, 20-29 old, also have Depression, and take medication Seroquel.
We study 220 people who have Restless legs syndrome (Restless leg syndrome) and Bipolar disorder from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Bipolar disorder and Restless legs syndrome >>>
Bipolar disorder (mood disorder) can be treated by Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate, Seroquel, Abilify, Lamotrigine, Depakote. (latest reports from Bipolar Disorder 43,640 patients)
Restless legs syndrome
Restless Legs Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) has been reported by people with restless leg syndrome, osteoporosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain.(latest reports from Restless Legs Syndrome 16,008 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 220 people who have bipolar disorder and Restless Legs Syndrome are studied.
Gender of people who have bipolar disorder and experienced Restless legs syndrome * :
|Restless legs syndrome||71.95%||28.05% |
Age of people who have bipolar disorder and experienced Restless legs syndrome * :
|Restless legs syndrome||1.01%||1.01%||2.51%||9.05%||15.08%||30.65%||30.65%||10.05% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||25.00%||50.00%||25.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (43 people, 19.55%)
- Anxiety (27 people, 12.27%)
- Sleep disorder (23 people, 10.45%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (19 people, 8.64%)
- Insomnia (17 people, 7.73%)
- Thyroid disorder (15 people, 6.82%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (14 people, 6.36%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (13 people, 5.91%)
- Parkinson's disease (13 people, 5.91%)
- Pain (11 people, 5.00%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Seroquel (108 people, 49.09%)
- Depakote (38 people, 17.27%)
- Abilify (36 people, 16.36%)
- Klonopin (33 people, 15.00%)
- Geodon (30 people, 13.64%)
- Saphris (29 people, 13.18%)
- Lithium carbonate (28 people, 12.73%)
- Nexium (22 people, 10.00%)
- Clonazepam (21 people, 9.55%)
- Lexapro (21 people, 9.55%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bipolar Disorder and Restless Legs Syndrome?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Restless Legs Syndrome and Bipolar disorder
- support group for people who have Bipolar disorder
- support group for people who have Restless Legs Syndrome
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What can i do to help my wife who is on ambien and sometimes has horrible restless leg syndrome?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has ADD, Restless Leg Syndrome, Insomnia, and takes Adderall, Ambien)
She will take her meds like a hour and a half before actually going to sleep. The Zambian that is and sometimes she has uncontrolled restless leg syndrome. She has to move them a certain way and everything. This last time it lasted a hour and a half. I was just wondering if there is anything I could ...
- Will the shaking stop or get worse
(Asked by a 18 year old girl who has Bipolar Disorder, and takes Lithium Carbonate)
Why do I shake and why must I take Epilizine as well
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Tachycardia, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Anemia, Barrett's Esophagus, Temporal Arteritis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Disautonomia, Autoimmune Retinopathy, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Myasthenia Gravis, Addison's Disease, and takes Abilify)
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on A ...
- Effects taking lamictal abilify and pristiq
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Blackouts Seizure, Bipolar Disorder, and takes Abilify, Lamictal, Pristiq)
Although I take these three drugs I am still experiencing symptoms of lethargy, lack of appetite Are these symptoms perhaps side effects of these grubs?
- My sister has a past addiction to morphine. is solonpas addictive?
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome, Arthritis In Lower Back, Mild Brain Damage From Suicide Attempt, PTSD)
I take of my baby sister, because in 2010 she tried to take her life with drugs, alcohol and. Cocaine. She complains of pain in her lower back, due to an injury in 1998, which led to surgery, which led to her addictiction to Morphine. She was diagnosed with Arthritis in her back where she had surger ...
More questions for: Bipolar disorder, Restless legs syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Restless leg syndrome exasporation while on lovastatim.
(Posted by a 56 year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder, Increase Of Restless Leg Syndromeg, and takes Lovastatin)
I have been taking Lovastatin for 4 months and have had an increase in my Restless Leg Syndrome. It usually acts up in the afternoon when I'm relaxing. The symptoms seem to go away with rhythmic movement of the affected leg. Usually it is in only one leg at a time. I have also noted a fine tremo ...
- Bipolar patient extremely violent on seraquel
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Bipolar, and takes Seroquel)
I have been diagnosed bipolar for over 10 years. 3 years ago I was taken off of topamax and my seraquel was upped to 300 mg from 100 because I was pregnant. I was very violent! Punching, breaking stuff, in jail, in the psych ward. Yes pregnancy and bipolar are not a perfect combination. I too thoug ...
- Lexapro and memory loss
(Posted by a 23 year old woman who has PTSD, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, and takes Lexapro)
I actually have no idea what other medicine I was on the week I took Lexapro, it was back at the end of February 2014 right before I checked myself into the psych hospital. I formed no memory for a whole week just because of one drug! My friends and family tell me what happened that week and I have ...
- How saphris causedmy husbands death
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Depression, Bipolar Disorder, and takes Saphris)
My husband was given saphris to treat bipolar disorder in June, 2010. After taking it for two weeks,the dosage was increased. On July 29, 2010, he started having hallucinations and before I could get help (we lived in rural area), he committed suicide.
- Pristiq, epilim, sifrol, immovane, valium, mobic
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Congenital Scoliosis, Claustrophobia, Flashbacks And Nightmares, Anxiety Disorder, Restless Legs Syndrome, Depression, and takes Mobic, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Diazepam, Valproate Sodium, Pristiq )
I started out with mild burnout depression in 2009 and was put on a low dose of Lexapro, which picked me up fantastically. I had been given low (2mg) Valium before for muscle relaxant purposes due to my scoliosis complications. Both these worked well. Then in 2010 I was drugged and raped and almo ...
More reviews for: Bipolar disorder, Restless legs syndrome
- A study of side effects of Ritalin for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition (sleeplessness related to another mental condition), Chapped Hands (dry and cracker hands), Fear, Focus, Shivering (felling of cold), Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Cold Sweat, Compulsions (performing an act persistently and repetitively), Panic Attacks, Costochondritis (chest wall pain), Stubbornness (dark personality traits), Restless Legs Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs), Fear Of Crowded Places, Fear Of Public Speaking (fear to go in social), Shortness Of Breath, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
Comments: Hands and feet always cold, even in hot weather. Smallest toe specifically gets numb. Feeling overwhelmed in large crowds or small spaces. Overthinking and anxiety all the time. Sweating even in cold weather. Panic attacks weekly. Get scared easily, jump when a loud sudden noise appears. Can't sleep ...
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a patient with Bipolar. The patient has Dry Eye (lack of adequate tears)
Comments: I have been experiencing symptoms of dry eye, stinging and burning and dryness in my eyes for 10 years shortly after being put on lamictal. I'm trying to see if there is anyone else who has experienced this.
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a patient with Bipolar. The patient has Maple Syrup Urine Disease (inherited disorder of metabolism in which the urine has a odour characteristic of maple syrup)
Comments: I have sjogrens and possible mild SLE, hypothyroidism, and bipolar II. I have been off most of my meds for the past 6 mos. I have recently restarted seroquel to help me sleep. Today for the first time ever I noticed a strong maple syrupy smell to my urine. I never knew it was a thing, but looke ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Vyvanse for a patient with Bipolar Disorder, Adhd. The patient has Headache - Tension, Stomach Pain, Irritability, Sexual Dysfunction, Anxiety, Depression
Comments: I feel that i get depressed and anxiety when the medication wears off. Also the irritability does too. My biggest concern is the sexual dysfunction. I've been taking both medications for about a week now and its the first time I've experienced it. I cant even get myself hard and i feel that my penis ...
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Klonopin, Effexor Xr, Lamictal, Abilify for a patient with Depression, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Mood Stabilizer, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Sweating - Excessive, Headache, Akathisia, Weight Gain
Comments: Within 3 to 4 months of starting ABILIFY, I gained about 40 pounds. As for the akathisia (feeling of restlessness or shaking on the inside), it wasn't bad until my dose got to 15mg. Eventually it went away and I still take 15mg/day. (haven't been able to lose much weight though. Side effects with ...
More related studies for: Bipolar disorder, Restless legs syndrome
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.