Home > Bipolar disorder > Trichotillomania > Bipolar disorder and Trichotillomania
Review: could Bipolar disorder cause Trichotillomania?
We study 36,747 people who have Bipolar disorder from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Trichotillomania. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Bipolar disorder and Trichotillomania >>>
Bipolar disorder (mood disorder) (latest reports from 79,816 patients) can be treated by Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate, Seroquel, Abilify, Lamotrigine, Depakote.
Trichotillomania (the compulsive urge to pull out (and in some cases, eat) one's own hair leading to noticeable hair loss, distress) (latest reports from 830 patients) has been reported by people with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, depression, acne, stress and anxiety, hepatitis c.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 36,737 people who have bipolar disorder are studied. Among them, 5 (0.01%) have Trichotillomania.
Gender of people who have bipolar disorder and experienced Trichotillomania * :
Age of people who have bipolar disorder and experienced Trichotillomania * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (2 people, 40.00%)
- Depression (2 people, 40.00%)
- Anxiety (2 people, 40.00%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Seroquel (3 people, 60.00%)
- Paxil (1 people, 20.00%)
- Depakote (1 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bipolar Disorder and Trichotillomania?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Trichotillomania and Bipolar disorder
- support group for people who have Bipolar disorder
- support group for people who have Trichotillomania
Comments from related studies:
From this study (15 hours ago):
I take 20 milligrams of Abilify with 20 mg. of celexa at night with Alprazolam throughout the day and at night to help me sleep. Since taking abilify over the past 10 years I have gained weight that I can't lose, I am always buying lottery tickets, and want to go to gamble obsessively. I also have compulsive behavior such as compulsive spending. I can leave my house with $100.00 to go get one thing and come back with no money and a bunch of stuff I didn't plan to get.
From this study (3 days ago):
Should an individual who has been taking Risperdal, and already had megacolon before she started taking it, discontinue taking it if it is effective in controlling her bipolar disorder?
From this study (5 days ago):
Seated for approx 3 minutes before BP was taken. Result 90/66, pulse 65. I get dizzy and out of breath climbing 2 flights of stairs. I am a competitive Masters Level Bicyclist.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Effects taking lamictal abilify and pristiq
Although I take these three drugs I am still experiencing symptoms of lethargy, lack of appetite Are these symptoms perhaps side effects of these grubs?
- Does anybody know if lamictal xr increases ck levels?
I was only taking Notryptiline 50 mg a day, 400 mg (200mg x 2 a day) of Lamectal XR, and my CK levels keep on going up. Which one of these medications is raising my CK levels? Does anybody know? Please help.
In March of 2014, I was hospitalized due to 5000 CK levels. I was released with CK ...
- Can rituxan cause bipolar disorder?
recently started rituxan. Now have bipolar disorder. Could there be any connection?
More questions for: Bipolar disorder, Trichotillomania
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Bipolar patient extremely violent on seraquel
I have been diagnosed bipolar for over 10 years. 3 years ago I was taken off of topamax and my seraquel was upped to 300 mg from 100 because I was pregnant. I was very violent! Punching, breaking stuff, in jail, in the psych ward. Yes pregnancy and bipolar are not a perfect combination. I too thoug ...
- Lexapro and memory loss
I actually have no idea what other medicine I was on the week I took Lexapro, it was back at the end of February 2014 right before I checked myself into the psych hospital. I formed no memory for a whole week just because of one drug! My friends and family tell me what happened that week and I have ...
- How saphris causedmy husbands death
My husband was given saphris to treat bipolar disorder in June, 2010. After taking it for two weeks,the dosage was increased. On July 29, 2010, he started having hallucinations and before I could get help (we lived in rural area), he committed suicide.
More reviews for: Bipolar disorder, Trichotillomania
Common treatments for Bipolar Disorder and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Bipolar disorder symptoms:
- Dyssomnia in Bipolar disorder (2,949 reports)
- Diabetes in Bipolar disorder (2,714 reports)
- Rash Generalised in Bipolar disorder (2,681 reports)
- Weight Increased in Bipolar disorder (2,633 reports)
- Type 2 Diabetes in Bipolar disorder (2,074 reports)
- Depression in Bipolar disorder (2,005 reports)
- Anxiety in Bipolar disorder (1,941 reports)
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness in Bipolar disorder (1,738 reports)
- Sleepiness in Bipolar disorder (1,732 reports)
- Drug Ineffective in Bipolar disorder (1,675 reports)
Trichotillomania related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (57 minutes ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (1 hour ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
- Escitalopram and Burning Sensation
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (5 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (6 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (9 hours ago)
- Mentha Lavanduliodora
- Abscess Intestinal
- Allergenic Desensitisation Procedure
- Wellbutrin Sr (glaxosmithkline) 200mg