Review: could Birth control cause Anorexia nervosa?
We study 84,288 people who have Birth control from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Anorexia nervosa. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Birth control and Anorexia nervosa >>>
Birth control (latest reports from 134,259 patients) can be treated by Yaz, Mirena, Nuvaring, Depo-provera, Yasmin, Loestrin 24 Fe.
Anorexia nervosa (psychological disorder-eating disorder characterized by immoderate food restriction and irrational fear of gaining weight) (latest reports from 1,022 patients) has been reported by people with depression, complex partial seizures, acne, migraine, epilepsy.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 84,288 people who have birth control are studied. Among them, 5 (0.01%) have Anorexia Nervosa.
Age of people who have birth control and experienced Anorexia nervosa * :
|Anorexia nervosa||0.00%||0.00%||80.00%||20.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Anorexia nervosa||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Contraception (5 people, 100.00%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Klonopin (4 people, 80.00%)
- Claritin (4 people, 80.00%)
- Protonix (4 people, 80.00%)
- Albuterol (4 people, 80.00%)
- Mirena (4 people, 80.00%)
- Atrovent (1 people, 20.00%)
- Depo-provera (1 people, 20.00%)
- Yaz (1 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Birth Control and Anorexia Nervosa?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Anorexia Nervosa and Birth control
- support group for people who have Birth control
- support group for people who have Anorexia Nervosa
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Birth control, Anorexia nervosa
More reviews for: Birth control, Anorexia nervosa
Common treatments for Birth Control and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Birth control symptoms:
- Device Expulsion in Birth control (9,497 reports)
- Pain Management in Birth control (7,429 reports)
- Pulmonary Embolus in Birth control (6,716 reports)
- Abdominal Pain in Birth control (5,824 reports)
- Nausea in Birth control (5,383 reports)
- Metrorrhagia in Birth control (5,193 reports)
- Deep Venous Thrombosis in Birth control (5,137 reports)
- Anxiety And Stress in Birth control (4,366 reports)
- Vaginal Haemorrhage in Birth control (3,994 reports)
- Injury in Birth control (3,797 reports)
Anorexia Nervosa related symptom studies:
Recent related drug studies on eHealthMe:
More related studies for: Birth control, Anorexia nervosa
Recent Birth Control related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Birth control, Anorexia nervosa
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.