Would you have Hallucinations when you have Birth control?
Summary: Hallucinations is found among people with Birth control, especially people who are female, 20-29 old, also have Contraception, and take medication Yasmin.
We study 60 people who have Hallucinations and Birth control from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Birth control and Hallucinations >>>
Birth control can be treated by Yaz, Mirena, Depo-provera, Nuvaring, Yasmin, Loestrin 24 Fe. (latest reports from Birth Control 101,064 patients)
Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, parkinson's disease, quit smoking.(view latest reports from 24,107 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 60 people who have birth control and Hallucinations are studied.
Age of people who have birth control and experienced Hallucinations * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Contraception (59 people, 98.33%)
- Depression (12 people, 20.00%)
- Insomnia (11 people, 18.33%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (5 people, 8.33%)
- Anxiety disorder (4 people, 6.67%)
- Hypersensitivity (3 people, 5.00%)
- Fatigue (3 people, 5.00%)
- Dysthymic disorder (2 people, 3.33%)
- Panic attack (2 people, 3.33%)
- Agitation (1 people, 1.67%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Yasmin (11 people, 18.33%)
- Mirena (9 people, 15.00%)
- Chantix (5 people, 8.33%)
- Zoloft (5 people, 8.33%)
- Yaz (4 people, 6.67%)
- Triphasil-21 (4 people, 6.67%)
- Ortho tri-cyclen (4 people, 6.67%)
- Depo-provera (3 people, 5.00%)
- Desogestrel and ethinyl estradiol (3 people, 5.00%)
- Implanon (3 people, 5.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Birth Control and Hallucinations?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Hallucinations and Birth control
- support group for people who have Birth control
- support group for people who have Hallucinations
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone fallen pregnant while in nexplanon while taking aciclovir ?
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Pregnancy, Pregnancy On Implant Contraceptive, and takes Aciclovir, Nexplanon)
I think I may have become pregnant while taking aciclovir while on the implant I was also taking anti biotics
I ignored early symptoms as I thought there was no way I could be and put it down to side affects I then ha more and more symptoms did a test it was neg did another a few weeks later still neg then went to see gp was sent for an ultra sound for cysts or tumor and I am 15 weeks pregnant has this happened to anyone else?
- Phentermine topamax and depo provera
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Weight Loss, Birth Control, and takes Xanax, Lamictal, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Allegra, Protonix)
I'm am wondering if th phentermine, the topamax (25 mg x2 a day ) will interfer will the depo provera?
- Depo provera and 50mg topamax (1 answer)
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Birth Control, and takes Topamax, Depo-provera)
I was wondering if 50 mg of topamax would decrease the effevtiveness of the depo shot?
- Regarding pregnancy, does keppra present less side effects than depakote ? which one is more likely to avoid problems for the baby ?
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Pregnancy, and takes Keppra)
I have been on Keppra (2.000 mg a day) for 3 months now. Before, I took Depakote for almost 10 years. In both cases my epilepsy symptoms were controlled. I was advised to change (from Depakote to Keppra) by my Neurologist as I am planning to get pregnant in the coming months. I would like to confirm that such a changing of medicines is, indeed, suitable and necessary to weaken side effects.
- Hallucinations from taking clonidine for prolonged period of time (1 answer)
(Asked by a 80 year old woman who has Hallucinations, and takes Clonidine)
My mother has been taking chlonidine for a very long time, dosage of .1 mg 10 pills per day, more than that if blood pressure gets high. She is now in the hospital with severe hallucinations. She thinks someone is watching her and she is paranoid. It is terrible. They have weaned her off of chlonidine, but I don't know if she will ever recover from this.
More questions for: Birth control, Hallucinations
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Hallucination, Visual, Dissociative Identity Disorder, Disturbance In Attention, Dissociative Amnesia, Hypomania, Sexual Dysfunction, Hallucinations, Nightmares, Memory Loss, Memory Impairment, Tremor, Mydriasis, and takes Pristiq)
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on track. It seems like every time I try these pills I get pushed off course. Anyways here's my experience with pristiq. Day1) dilation ofpupils was noticed with in a few hours, it started to feel like I was on sshrooms....I'd look in the mirror and feel so much love...just stand there staring. I slept better than I did in months. Day 2) Sadly though, when I woke up I couldn't climax, it was like I was numb. My pupils were still dilated and I still felt an out pouring of love and admiration while looking at myself. I tried hard not to fixate and get ready for work. I noticed that my tummy wasn't bloated anymore, I hadn't felt this much releaf in months. As I took my daily 50mg I reassured myself that it was ok not to climax in favor of all the good things I'm feeling now. Pristiq didn't interfere with my routine other than climaxing. Day 3) I awoke well rested with a happy tummy and it didn't bother me a bit not to climax, I jumped out of bed and started my day with vigor. The moment I took my dose and left the house is the last thing I remember! From what I wrote in my calendar, the notes I took, and my phone history I can piece together the things I did for 7 more days!!! I went to work, but my coworker was on holidays so it was just me alone in the office, I have no family or friends in this country (I moved to get away from a bad situation, hence cptsd) anyways I had no interaction. The only thing that brought me out was probably that I stopped taking the medication on day7 (According to the amount of medication left)....it's taken 14 more days to get out of the pristiq fog. During that time I've experienced nightly vivid dreams/ nightmares, extreme sweating and high body temperature, my stomach discomfort fluctuates but I can control it through diet, I'm able to climax again though it takes time, my pupils returned to normal a few days after I returned to myself...I seem to have memory impairment.
(Posted by a 76 year old man who has Hallucinations, and takes Valium)
On the 20th of August 2012 I fell downstairs and broke my left arm/shoulder and ribs. I also had many open cuts from my elbow to my wrist; the whole arm and hand was severely swollen; huge purple marks on arm thigh and chest. These have all healed. However the arm/shoulder has healed out of joint and the arm is limited in movement; the ribs have not healed. When I first broke it I couldn't lie down in bed. I had to try to sleep sitting in a chair, but I didn't sleep for several days. For several months, I only slept for 1 or 2 hours, sometimes not at all. Even now I only sleep for 2 or 3 hours. I have bone damage; stiffness and pains all over my body and muscles. I am dizzy and unbalanced. When I walk it feels like I am on a spring mattress and I have difficulty in lifting my legs When I stand still it feels like an earthquake. My neck is very weak; when I turn it to the left or right I have pain. My fingers hurt when I lift a mug of water. Tightness in upper left arm (arm is heavy) and is pulling on my back, neck and ribs and have a pain in the left-hand chest bone. I lost weight and cannot regain it, no matter how much I eat.
MARCH 14TH 2014- THE FOLOWING IS PART OF MY HORRIFIC PROBLEMS IN THE DAYTIME AND MAY HAVE COME FROM BRAIN DAMAGE WHEN I FELL DOWNSTAIRS
Today I am sitting in a chair in my room and I nod off and start dreaming/hallucinating. On the dream side, I am lying on the ground with many people around me. On the hallucination side, (which seems like I am half awake) I try to get up but after a tremendous struggle my muscles will not respond. It is terrifying. There are many people around and I'm trying to shout out “help” but I cannot speak properly. I'm speaking like someone who has had a stroke. I am semi-conscious of calling out but I can't wake up. The people around me are laughing at my predicament and do not help. I try many, many times to get up but it is like some force is holding me down. After a long time I crawl towards the gate of a house and go inside and see a bed. Then I try to get up on the bed and at that moment I wake up on the floor of my own room near my chair and my bed. On the hallucination side, I was actually feeling what was happening, even though the dream was in a different location. When I finally woke up, I was breathing like a man saved from disaster. It was a horrible experience and it has happened, in the past, twice before.
What kind of hallucination could this be?
I'm asking this advice because the doctors I've seen don't understand.
More reviews for: Birth control, Hallucinations
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- The pain is on and off. It started to coming between 1-2 years of taking the drug. It causes burning all the way up my vagina. There are good days and bad days. When I have the bad days and it comes on the strongest I feel like there is HCL coming out of my vagina OR that someone is putting a lite l ...
- I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- My teeth have been decaying about 3 years after the insertion of mirena. At first, I thought that it was because I did not take calcium after I gave birth to my last child in 2003. But as the years passed by the only conclusion I find for the reason of my tooth decay is Mirena. Because I don't smoke ...
- I stopped drugs and my severe pain in tooth started to heal gradually though not completly.i was taking it from past 15 days and my tooth pain was so severe that I was suggested to have 4 root canals.i didn't find it wise idea and stopped these vitamin tablets.still I am not completly cured.seeking ...
- Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved to mnthly and las two episodes were within 2 weeks of each other. Oct 12-13& oct31-nov 1. I believe pain to be mittleschmirtz the hot flashes and vomiting just started within the last year.
More related studies for: Birth control, Hallucinations
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.