Home > Birth control > Insomnia > Birth control and Insomnia
Would you have Insomnia when you have Birth control?
Summary: Insomnia is found among people with Birth control, especially people who are female, 20-29 old, also have Contraception, and take medication Nuvaring.
We study 770 people who have Insomnia and Birth control from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Birth control and Insomnia >>>
Birth control (latest reports from 101,064 patients) can be treated by Yaz, Mirena, Depo-provera, Nuvaring, Yasmin, Loestrin 24 Fe.
Insomnia (sleeplessness) (latest reports from 135,811 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, high blood pressure, pain, stress and anxiety.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 770 people who have birth control and Insomnia are studied.
Age of people who have birth control and experienced Insomnia * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Contraception (752 people, 97.66%)
- Depression (50 people, 6.49%)
- Anxiety (43 people, 5.58%)
- Pain (32 people, 4.16%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (28 people, 3.64%)
- Multiple sclerosis (26 people, 3.38%)
- Acne (17 people, 2.21%)
- Headache (16 people, 2.08%)
- Pregnancy (15 people, 1.95%)
- Anxiety disorder (14 people, 1.82%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Nuvaring (228 people, 29.61%)
- Mirena (155 people, 20.13%)
- Yasmin (86 people, 11.17%)
- Yaz (83 people, 10.78%)
- Depo-provera (59 people, 7.66%)
- Ortho evra (42 people, 5.45%)
- Xanax (37 people, 4.81%)
- Ortho tri-cyclen (28 people, 3.64%)
- Ibuprofen (26 people, 3.38%)
- Lexapro (24 people, 3.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Birth Control and Insomnia?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Insomnia and Birth control
- support group for people who have Birth control
- support group for people who have Insomnia
Recent conversations of related support groups:
- Support group for people who have Insomnia
My insomnia was provoked by a 'medicine cocktail', prescribed medications that were contraindicated. I just had a rough experience with Serotonin Syndrome, grateful to be alive.
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone fallen pregnant while in nexplanon while taking aciclovir ?
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Pregnancy, Pregnancy On Implant Contraceptive, and takes Aciclovir, Nexplanon)
I think I may have become pregnant while taking aciclovir while on the implant I was also taking anti biotics
I ignored early symptoms as I thought there was no way I could be and put it down to side affects I then ha more and more symptoms did a test it was neg did another a few weeks later still ...
- What can i do to help my wife who is on ambien and sometimes has horrible restless leg syndrome?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has ADD, Restless Leg Syndrome, Insomnia, and takes Adderall, Ambien)
She will take her meds like a hour and a half before actually going to sleep. The Zambian that is and sometimes she has uncontrolled restless leg syndrome. She has to move them a certain way and everything. This last time it lasted a hour and a half. I was just wondering if there is anything I could ...
- Can meclizine cause insomnia once and sleepiness the next time
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Somnolence, Insomnia, and takes Meclizine)
I took Meclizine one night (as advised by pharmacist; she said it causes drowsiness), after experiencing my first attack of vertigo. It kept me awake almost all night. A couple weeks later, as I was getting ready for a special school event for my daughter, I thought another vertigo attack was coming ...
- I take 20mg of amitriptyline each notgh to help me sleep. i have just been diagnosed with parkinsons and need to takae azilect, whihc is an mao-b inhibotor, can i take them together
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Parkinson's Disease, and takes Azilect)
Can I take both these tables together? My consultant said it was ok to take both
but the Amitriptyline instructions say do not take with MAO-B inhibitors, Azilect is an MAO-B inhibitors
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Halucinations, Talking Out Of Her Head, Sleeping Difficulty, Falling , Memory Loss, and takes Wellbutrin, Prozac, Geodon, Cogentin, Depakote)
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? ...
More questions for: Birth control, Insomnia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Doxylamine succinate and severe restless legs and insomnia
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Insomnia, Severe Restless Legs, and takes Doxylamine Succinate)
Could not sleep so took 2 doxylamine gel tablets. Got very sleepy but could not actually fall asleep. So I ended up, over the next few hours, taking 3 more. More sleepiness and more restless legs, and still couldn't sleep At All. Up the entire night but couldn't really do anything cause I was so ...
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Bowel Movement Irregularity, Withdrawal Syndrome, and takes Wellbutrin Sr, Prozac, Lorazepam)
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Zolpidem er side effects
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Bipolar Ii Disorder, Sleeping Difficulty, and takes Zolpidem Tartrate)
I was in this medicaion for 2 weeks.I had severe headache,muscular backache and a rash in one side of my body.I didn't had problems falling asleep but I had problems staying asllep.I will switch to Lunesta 3mg.
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Anxiety, Panic Attack, Insomnia, and takes Lipitor)
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off t ...
- Insomnia from suboxone
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Insomnia, and takes Suboxone)
Does Suboxone cause insomnia? Hell yes, I haven't slept properly for years and I wish I had never gone on it. My night is my day and daybreak is when i'm heading off to sleep,I try to wake up about 11 am but that is still half the day gone. I am so so over it, all I can do is reduce my dose
and th ...
More reviews for: Birth control, Insomnia
- A study of side effects of Ortho Tri-cyclen 28 for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Vaginal Burning Sensation
Comments: The pain is on and off. It started to coming between 1-2 years of taking the drug. It causes burning all the way up my vagina. There are good days and bad days. When I have the bad days and it comes on the strongest I feel like there is HCL coming out of my vagina OR that someone is putting a lite l ...
- A study of drug interactions between Codeine, Ibuprofen, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Temazepam, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Morphine Sulfate, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Fluoxetine, Topiramate, Ketamine Hydrochloride, Zonegran for a patient with Pain, Fatigue, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Birth Control, Neuropathic Pain, Depression. The patient has Drowsiness, Vulvovaginal Dryness, Weight Loss, Hallucinations, Mixed, Paranoia, Memory Loss, Anxiety
Comments: I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Mirena for a patient with Pain - Abdomen, Birth Control. The patient has Pain, Tooth Decay
Comments: My teeth have been decaying about 3 years after the insertion of mirena. At first, I thought that it was because I did not take calcium after I gave birth to my last child in 2003. But as the years passed by the only conclusion I find for the reason of my tooth decay is Mirena. Because I don't smoke ...
- A study of side effects of Multivitamin for a patient with Pregnancy. The patient has Abscess - Tooth (pus that forms inside the teeth or gums)
Comments: I stopped drugs and my severe pain in tooth started to heal gradually though not completly.i was taking it from past 15 days and my tooth pain was so severe that I was suggested to have 4 root canals.i didn't find it wise idea and stopped these vitamin tablets.still I am not completly cured.seeking ...
- A study of side effects of Lo Loestrin Fe for a patient with Help Painful Monthly Cycle. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
Comments: My obgyn tried this pill to help my cycles. My cycles were painful 3 out of 4 weeks a month. I have had a lot of stress going on in my life so I blew it off as that was why I am crying, can't sleep/well and ready to blow at any time. Now I am wondering if it is the pill.
More related studies for: Birth control, Insomnia
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.