Home > Birth control > Insomnia > Birth control and Insomnia
Review: could Birth control cause Insomnia?
We study 84,213 people who have Birth control from FDA and social media. Among them, 762 have Insomnia. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Birth control and Insomnia >>>
Birth control (latest reports from 134,876 patients) can be treated by Yaz, Mirena, Depo-provera, Nuvaring, Yasmin, Loestrin 24 Fe.
Insomnia (sleeplessness) (latest reports from 757,356 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, high blood pressure, pain, stress and anxiety.
On Sep, 17, 2014: 84,182 people who have birth control are studied. Among them, 766 (0.91%) have Insomnia.
Age of people who have birth control and experienced Insomnia * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Contraception (752 people, 98.17%)
- Depression (50 people, 6.53%)
- Anxiety (43 people, 5.61%)
- Pain (32 people, 4.18%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (28 people, 3.66%)
- Multiple sclerosis (26 people, 3.39%)
- Acne (17 people, 2.22%)
- Headache (16 people, 2.09%)
- Pregnancy (15 people, 1.96%)
- Birth control and family planning (12 people, 1.57%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Nuvaring (226 people, 29.50%)
- Mirena (155 people, 20.23%)
- Yasmin (86 people, 11.23%)
- Yaz (83 people, 10.84%)
- Depo-provera (59 people, 7.70%)
- Ortho evra (42 people, 5.48%)
- Xanax (37 people, 4.83%)
- Ortho tri-cyclen (28 people, 3.66%)
- Ibuprofen (26 people, 3.39%)
- Lexapro (24 people, 3.13%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Birth Control and Insomnia?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Insomnia and Birth control
- group for people who have Birth control
- group for people who have Insomnia
Comments from related studies:
From this study (7 months ago):
After an elbow injury I have received x-rays and been to doctors and they believe it is just a contusion to the elbow. The pain continues to increase, it has become constant pain in the elbow (where the injury occurred), down to my wrist, and up to my shoulder. I cannot move it without sending shooting pains that immobilize me down to my fingers and up to my shoulder. I have been having it in a sling, and icing it and taking ibuprofen and tramadol which only barely dull the pain.
Is this really only a contusion? How long should I wait before seeking more medical help
From this study (12 months ago):
the dizziness, fatigue and muscle issues started after i had a cold in June 2013.
From this study (5 years ago):
I have been extremely "weighted down". My depression and anxiety have increased since mixing loestrin and lamictal. Aggrivation is extreme at the slightest things. Aggression is extreme.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Which medication would fit for all condition that i have to take 1 medication?
Is Lorazepam the answer for all this medical condition fix into this medical condition? If it is, that great. But second question is.....is there any other medication that would help besides lorazepam? Im doing this research TO find out what is right for me before I ask my mental Dr about it. I have ...
- Mellaril for use of severe insomnia .taming.meds for fibro,yalgia.gabape.tin fleviril,atarax,mobic
I have had severe insomnia for 20 years also suffer from depression andfibromyalgia .ihave agoraphobia due to ptsd .i am in mid to severe pain much.if the time i have a history of amphetami.e abuze .been clean 8 years. Trazadone ,temazipam and and meletonin for sleep with adverese reaction nited wi ...
More questions for: Birth control, Insomnia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Zolpidem er side effects
I was in this medicaion for 2 weeks.I had severe headache,muscular backache and a rash in one side of my body.I didn't had problems falling asleep but I had problems staying asllep.I will switch to Lunesta 3mg.
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off t ...
- Insomnia from suboxone
Does Suboxone cause insomnia? Hell yes, I haven't slept properly for years and I wish I had never gone on it. My night is my day and daybreak is when i'm heading off to sleep,I try to wake up about 11 am but that is still half the day gone. I am so so over it, all I can do is reduce my dose
and th ...
More reviews for: Birth control, Insomnia
Common treatments for Birth Control and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Birth control symptoms:
- Device Expulsion in Birth control (9,497 reports)
- Pain Relief By Acupuncture in Birth control (7,432 reports)
- Pulmonary Embolus in Birth control (6,716 reports)
- Stomach Pain in Birth control (5,816 reports)
- Nausea in Birth control (5,383 reports)
- Spotting in Birth control (5,193 reports)
- Deep Venous Thrombosis in Birth control (5,137 reports)
- Anxiolytic Therapy in Birth control (4,364 reports)
- Vaginal Haemorrhage in Birth control (3,994 reports)
- Injury in Birth control (3,797 reports)
Insomnia related symptom studies:
- Insomnia in Anxiety (3,499 reports)
- Insomnia in Blood pressure (4,036 reports)
- Insomnia in Blood triglycerides abnormal (3,321 reports)
- Insomnia in Depression (7,883 reports)
- Insomnia in Hypertension (4,392 reports)
- Insomnia in Multiple sclerosis (3,113 reports)
- Insomnia in Osteoporosis (3,336 reports)
- Insomnia in Pain (4,085 reports)
- Insomnia in Sleeping difficulty (4,722 reports)
- Insomnia in Stop smoking (4,484 reports)
Birth Control is also known as: Birth control and family planning, Contraception, Family planning and contraception, Pregnancy.
Insomnia is also known as: Agrypnia, Cannot sleep, Difficulty falling asleep, Dyssomnia, Inability to sleep, Insomnia concerns, Insomnolence, Sleep aid, Sleep issues, Sleeping, Sleeping difficulty, Sleeplessness, Wakefulness.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.