Review: could Birth control cause Insomnia?
We study 84,288 people who have Birth control from FDA and social media. Among them, 769 have Insomnia. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Birth control and Insomnia >>>
Birth control (latest reports from 134,259 patients) can be treated by Yaz, Mirena, Nuvaring, Depo-provera, Yasmin, Loestrin 24 Fe.
Insomnia (sleeplessness) (latest reports from 763,667 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, high blood pressure, pain, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 84,267 people who have birth control are studied. Among them, 769 (0.91%) have Insomnia.
Age of people who have birth control and experienced Insomnia * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Contraception (752 people, 97.79%)
- Depression (50 people, 6.50%)
- Anxiety (43 people, 5.59%)
- Pain (32 people, 4.16%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (28 people, 3.64%)
- Multiple sclerosis (26 people, 3.38%)
- Acne (17 people, 2.21%)
- Headache (16 people, 2.08%)
- Pregnancy (15 people, 1.95%)
- Anxiety disorder (14 people, 1.82%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Nuvaring (228 people, 29.65%)
- Mirena (155 people, 20.16%)
- Yasmin (86 people, 11.18%)
- Yaz (83 people, 10.79%)
- Depo-provera (59 people, 7.67%)
- Ortho evra (42 people, 5.46%)
- Xanax (37 people, 4.81%)
- Ortho tri-cyclen (28 people, 3.64%)
- Ibuprofen (26 people, 3.38%)
- Lexapro (24 people, 3.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Birth Control and Insomnia?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Insomnia and Birth control
- support group for people who have Birth control
- support group for people who have Insomnia
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 weeks ago):
History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux
20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies
Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy
Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed)
Roux en y
Small bowel obstruction surgery
Prior GJ tube placement with feedings
Prior TPN feedings
Line sepsis from picc line
Kidney hydronephrosis due to adhesions around ureter
Picc line migrated into heart with thrombi at the tip-removed ASAP
From this study (8 months ago):
After an elbow injury I have received x-rays and been to doctors and they believe it is just a contusion to the elbow. The pain continues to increase, it has become constant pain in the elbow (where the injury occurred), down to my wrist, and up to my shoulder. I cannot move it without sending shooting pains that immobilize me down to my fingers and up to my shoulder. I have been having it in a sling, and icing it and taking ibuprofen and tramadol which only barely dull the pain.
Is this really only a contusion? How long should I wait before seeking more medical help
From this study (1 year ago):
the dizziness, fatigue and muscle issues started after i had a cold in June 2013.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Birth control, Insomnia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Zolpidem er side effects
I was in this medicaion for 2 weeks.I had severe headache,muscular backache and a rash in one side of my body.I didn't had problems falling asleep but I had problems staying asllep.I will switch to Lunesta 3mg.
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off t ...
More reviews for: Birth control, Insomnia
Common treatments for Birth Control and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Birth control symptoms:
- Device Expulsion in Birth control (9,497 reports)
- Pain in Birth control (7,429 reports)
- Pulmonary Embolism in Birth control (6,716 reports)
- Pain - Abdomen in Birth control (5,824 reports)
- Nausea in Birth control (5,383 reports)
- Intermenstrual Bleeding in Birth control (5,193 reports)
- Deep Vein Thrombosis in Birth control (5,137 reports)
- Anxiety And Stress in Birth control (4,366 reports)
- Vaginal Haemorrhage in Birth control (3,994 reports)
- Injury in Birth control (3,797 reports)
Insomnia related symptom studies:
- Insomnia in Anxiety (3,500 reports)
- Insomnia in Blood pressure (4,036 reports)
- Insomnia in Depression (7,884 reports)
- Insomnia in Hypertension (4,413 reports)
- Insomnia in Insomnia concerns (4,726 reports)
- Insomnia in Multiple sclerosis (3,114 reports)
- Insomnia in Osteoporosis (3,336 reports)
- Insomnia in Pain (4,087 reports)
- Insomnia in Reduce cholesterol (3,324 reports)
- Insomnia in Stop smoking (4,484 reports)
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.