Review: could Birth control cause Muscle twitching?
We study 84,182 people who have Birth control from FDA and social media. Among them, 80 have Muscle twitching. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get a free personalized report of your drugs: we study for you 352 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. Start to use eHealthMe >>>
Birth control (latest reports from 134,049 patients) can be treated by Yaz, Mirena, Nuvaring, Depo-provera, Yasmin, Loestrin 24 Fe.
Muscle twitching (latest reports from 61,893 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure.
On Sep, 10, 2014: 84,173 people who have birth control are studied. Among them, 80 (0.10%) have Muscle Twitching.
Age of people who have birth control and experienced Muscle twitching * :
|Muscle twitching||0.00%||0.00%||4.41%||55.88%||23.53%||14.71%||2.94%||0.00% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle twitching||44.44%||11.11%||33.33%||11.11% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Contraception (75 people, 93.75%)
- Skin wrinkling (5 people, 6.25%)
- Migraine (4 people, 5.00%)
- Epilepsy (3 people, 3.75%)
- Pregnancy (3 people, 3.75%)
- Depression (3 people, 3.75%)
- Anxiety (3 people, 3.75%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (2 people, 2.50%)
- Seasonal allergy (2 people, 2.50%)
- Pain (2 people, 2.50%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Mirena (20 people, 25.00%)
- Nuvaring (20 people, 25.00%)
- Ortho evra (10 people, 12.50%)
- Depo-provera (6 people, 7.50%)
- Botox cosmetic (5 people, 6.25%)
- Ambien (4 people, 5.00%)
- Xanax (4 people, 5.00%)
- Zyrtec (4 people, 5.00%)
- Yasmin (3 people, 3.75%)
- Ortho tri-cyclen (3 people, 3.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Birth Control and Muscle Twitching?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Muscle Twitching and Birth control
- group for people who have Birth control
- group for people who have Muscle Twitching
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 year ago):
I have been diagnosed with anxiety, emotioally unstable personality, anxiety, depression, migraines, non-epiltpic attacks, sleep seizures, night terrors, and PTSD
Have recently had coil fitted very tired
From this study (3 years ago):
I have a mostly ongoing eye twitch in the lower lid of one eye.. and want to report it.. I have never had this prior to taking Mirena and have been on this IUD for 4 months.. i have had this side effect for 2 months mostly for 2 weeks and then two weeks it stops.. So during my menstration of which is just starting to be less then 2 weeks long.. prior to Mirena I had four day menstrations that were light.. I have spoting for the third week of the month as well and so I get one week each month thus far where there is no menstration at all..
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Birth control, Muscle twitching
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Paxil side effect of a monior
my daughter 14 years old had some problems with dizziness. the doctor felt it was due to anxiety. so he gave her paroxetine. she started the medication and she complain that head hurt . she took it for three weeks and on fourth week she was in school and started shaking arms. than was taken to nurse ...
More reviews for: Birth control, Muscle twitching
Common treatments for Birth Control and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Birth control symptoms:
- Device Expulsion in Birth control (9,497 reports)
- Hypnosis And Pain in Birth control (7,432 reports)
- Pulmonary Embolus in Birth control (6,716 reports)
- Stomachache in Birth control (5,817 reports)
- Nausea in Birth control (5,383 reports)
- Intermenstrual Bleeding in Birth control (5,193 reports)
- Deep Venous Thrombosis in Birth control (5,137 reports)
- Jitters in Birth control (4,364 reports)
- Vaginal Haemorrhage in Birth control (3,994 reports)
- Injury in Birth control (3,797 reports)
Muscle Twitching related symptom studies:
Birth Control is also known as: Birth control and family planning, Contraception, Family planning and contraception, Pregnancy.
Muscle Twitching is also known as: Fasciculations of muscle, Muscle fasciculation.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.