Would you have Ocd (Obsessive-compulsive disorder) when you have Birth control?
Summary: Ocd is found among people with Birth control, especially people who are female, 20-29 old, also have Contraception, and take medication Paxil.
We study 47 people who have Ocd (Obsessive-compulsive disorder) and Birth control from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Birth control and Ocd >>>
Birth control can be treated by Yaz, Mirena, Depo-provera, Nuvaring, Yasmin, Loestrin 24 Fe. (latest reports from Birth Control 101,064 patients)
Ocd (obsessive-compulsive disorder) has been reported by people with parkinson's disease, restless leg syndrome, depression, pain, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Ocd 8,043 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 47 people who have birth control and Ocd are studied.
Age of people who have birth control and experienced Ocd * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Contraception (31 people, 65.96%)
- Depression (26 people, 55.32%)
- Anxiety (23 people, 48.94%)
- Pregnancy (15 people, 31.91%)
- Bronchitis (15 people, 31.91%)
- Premenstrual syndrome (5 people, 10.64%)
- Major depression (4 people, 8.51%)
- Crohn's disease (4 people, 8.51%)
- Acne (4 people, 8.51%)
- Autoimmune thyroiditis (3 people, 6.38%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Paxil (20 people, 42.55%)
- Albuterol (16 people, 34.04%)
- Xanax (16 people, 34.04%)
- Prednisolone (15 people, 31.91%)
- Nuvaring (12 people, 25.53%)
- Prednisone (12 people, 25.53%)
- Lexapro (7 people, 14.89%)
- Yasmin (6 people, 12.77%)
- Ibuprofen (6 people, 12.77%)
- Tylenol (5 people, 10.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Birth Control and Ocd?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Ocd and Birth control
- support group for people who have Birth control
- support group for people who have Ocd
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Birth control, Ocd
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Paxil cause osteoporosis?
I had OCD since age 8. At 42 I was finally diagnosed and put on Paxil. When I reached 40 mgs and after 2 months on 40 mgs i was completely cured of OCD. I stayed on Paxil for the next 15 years. I no longer take any SSRI as they were causing severe lethargy that last few years of use. When I was around 47 I broke my wrist and then learned I was close to full blown osteoporosis. Five years ago I broke my humerus and then found that not only did I have osteoporosis but to a degree of a woman of 80. I had Prolia infusion 2 years ago and it reversed my bone loss. Last year my density test showed I was losing bone again and I had a Reclast infusion. I will not know if this has helped until next year. I am fairly sure that the Paxil had some fault in my osteoporosis although I know that my vitamin D levels are very low even after 50,000 units a week. I am not sure if is a combination effect of Paxil and low vitamin D that caused premature osteoporosis. No one in my family has had osteoporosis and no one that I am aware of has taken a SSRI.
- Ocd / anxiety sufferer (1 response)
I have the following 'fake' symptoms because of my OCD/anxiety:
- neck stiffness
- scalp pain
- memory problems
More reviews for: Birth control, Ocd
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- The pain is on and off. It started to coming between 1-2 years of taking the drug. It causes burning all the way up my vagina. There are good days and bad days. When I have the bad days and it comes on the strongest I feel like there is HCL coming out of my vagina OR that someone is putting a lite l ...
- I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- My teeth have been decaying about 3 years after the insertion of mirena. At first, I thought that it was because I did not take calcium after I gave birth to my last child in 2003. But as the years passed by the only conclusion I find for the reason of my tooth decay is Mirena. Because I don't smoke ...
- I stopped drugs and my severe pain in tooth started to heal gradually though not completly.i was taking it from past 15 days and my tooth pain was so severe that I was suggested to have 4 root canals.i didn't find it wise idea and stopped these vitamin tablets.still I am not completly cured.seeking ...
- Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved to mnthly and las two episodes were within 2 weeks of each other. Oct 12-13& oct31-nov 1. I believe pain to be mittleschmirtz the hot flashes and vomiting just started within the last year.
More related studies for: Birth control, Ocd
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.