Home > Birth control > Ocd > Birth control and Ocd
Review: could Birth control cause Ocd (Obsessive-compulsive disorder)?
We study 84,213 people who have Birth control from FDA and social media. Among them, 46 have Ocd (Obsessive-compulsive disorder). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Birth control and Ocd >>>
Birth control (latest reports from 134,876 patients) can be treated by Yaz, Mirena, Depo-provera, Nuvaring, Yasmin, Loestrin 24 Fe.
Ocd (obsessive-compulsive disorder) (latest reports from 34,343 patients) has been reported by people with parkinson's disease, restless leg syndrome, depression, pain, stress and anxiety.
On Sep, 14, 2014: 84,182 people who have birth control are studied. Among them, 46 (0.05%) have Ocd.
Age of people who have birth control and experienced Ocd * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Contraception (30 people, 65.22%)
- Depression (26 people, 56.52%)
- Anxiety (23 people, 50.00%)
- Pregnancy (15 people, 32.61%)
- Bronchitis (15 people, 32.61%)
- Premenstrual syndrome (5 people, 10.87%)
- Major depression (4 people, 8.70%)
- Crohn's disease (4 people, 8.70%)
- Acne (4 people, 8.70%)
- Autoimmune thyroiditis (3 people, 6.52%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Paxil (20 people, 43.48%)
- Albuterol (16 people, 34.78%)
- Xanax (16 people, 34.78%)
- Prednisolone (15 people, 32.61%)
- Nuvaring (12 people, 26.09%)
- Prednisone (12 people, 26.09%)
- Lexapro (7 people, 15.22%)
- Ibuprofen (6 people, 13.04%)
- Tylenol (5 people, 10.87%)
- Acetaminophen (5 people, 10.87%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Birth Control and Ocd?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Ocd and Birth control
- group for people who have Birth control
- group for people who have Ocd
Comments from related studies:
From this study (34 minutes ago):
I was pregnant and I got hemmoroids, right after my pregnancy I got psoriasis.
From this study (4 hours ago):
Been on period almost 2 weeks. Bleeding been normal. However yesterday cramps were intolerable. Had baby 5 months ago. Got implanon implanted at 6 weeks ck up. First time ive had problems. Started yesterday. Hurting, cant get enough water to drink. Headache will not go away. Feel hot then cold. Sleepy. Thanks for any input.
From this study (1 day ago):
I have had the Mirena for 2 months. A month after I started having convulsions. I had an EEG done but it was normal. I had 9 convulsions in 1 hour that lead me to the ER.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Birth control, Ocd
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Paxil cause osteoporosis?
I had OCD since age 8. At 42 I was finally diagnosed and put on Paxil. When I reached 40 mgs and after 2 months on 40 mgs i was completely cured of OCD. I stayed on Paxil for the next 15 years. I no longer take any SSRI as they were causing severe lethargy that last few years of use. When I was aro ...
- Ocd / anxiety sufferer
I have the following 'fake' symptoms because of my OCD/anxiety:
- neck stiffness
- scalp pain
- memory problems
More reviews for: Birth control, Ocd
Common treatments for Birth Control and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Birth control symptoms:
- Device Expulsion in Birth control (9,497 reports)
- Pain Relief in Birth control (7,432 reports)
- Pulmonary Embolism in Birth control (6,716 reports)
- Stomach Pain in Birth control (5,816 reports)
- Nausea in Birth control (5,383 reports)
- Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods in Birth control (5,193 reports)
- Deep Venous Thrombosis in Birth control (5,137 reports)
- Anxiety And Stress in Birth control (4,364 reports)
- Vaginal Haemorrhage in Birth control (3,994 reports)
- Injury in Birth control (3,797 reports)
Ocd related symptom studies:
Birth Control is also known as: Birth control and family planning, Contraception, Family planning and contraception, Pregnancy.
Ocd is also known as: Obsessive-compulsive disorder, Obsessive-compulsive neurosis.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.