Home > Birth control > Ocd > Birth control and Ocd
Review: could Birth control cause Ocd (Obsessive-compulsive disorder)?
We study 84,267 people who have Birth control from FDA and social media. Among them, 46 have Ocd (Obsessive-compulsive disorder). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Birth control and Ocd >>>
Birth control (latest reports from 134,259 patients) can be treated by Yaz, Mirena, Nuvaring, Depo-provera, Yasmin, Loestrin 24 Fe.
Ocd (obsessive-compulsive disorder) (latest reports from 34,701 patients) has been reported by people with parkinson's disease, restless leg syndrome, depression, pain, obsessive-compulsive disorder.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 84,267 people who have birth control are studied. Among them, 46 (0.05%) have Ocd.
Age of people who have birth control and experienced Ocd * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Contraception (30 people, 65.22%)
- Depression (26 people, 56.52%)
- Anxiety (23 people, 50.00%)
- Pregnancy (15 people, 32.61%)
- Bronchitis (15 people, 32.61%)
- Premenstrual syndrome (5 people, 10.87%)
- Major depression (4 people, 8.70%)
- Crohn's disease (4 people, 8.70%)
- Acne (4 people, 8.70%)
- Autoimmune thyroiditis (3 people, 6.52%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Paxil (20 people, 43.48%)
- Albuterol (16 people, 34.78%)
- Xanax (16 people, 34.78%)
- Prednisolone (15 people, 32.61%)
- Nuvaring (12 people, 26.09%)
- Prednisone (12 people, 26.09%)
- Lexapro (7 people, 15.22%)
- Ibuprofen (6 people, 13.04%)
- Tylenol (5 people, 10.87%)
- Acetaminophen (5 people, 10.87%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Birth Control and Ocd?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Ocd and Birth control
- support group for people who have Birth control
- support group for people who have Ocd
Comments from related studies:
From this study (24 hours ago):
I started taking levora the first day of my period. It started on Thursday and it is Friday of the next week and I'm still spotting throughout the day.
From this study (1 day ago):
Was on Nuvaring for about 5 years with increasingly painful intercourse. Stopped taking Nuvaring and am completely pain free during intercourse after 4 months without birth control
From this study (2 days ago):
i have never had this problem before. i smoked marijuana on 2 separate occasions where i got very pale, blue lips, cold sweats, belching, bloated stomach, dizziness, vision gone, and could barely hear. it starts with difficulty swallowing and heavy breathing that leads into the panic. the second time was worst than the first and came back in waves. the first time it happened once and it was over.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Birth control, Ocd
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Paxil cause osteoporosis?
I had OCD since age 8. At 42 I was finally diagnosed and put on Paxil. When I reached 40 mgs and after 2 months on 40 mgs i was completely cured of OCD. I stayed on Paxil for the next 15 years. I no longer take any SSRI as they were causing severe lethargy that last few years of use. When I was aro ...
- Ocd / anxiety sufferer
I have the following 'fake' symptoms because of my OCD/anxiety:
- neck stiffness
- scalp pain
- memory problems
More reviews for: Birth control, Ocd
Common treatments for Birth Control and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Birth control symptoms:
- Device Expulsion in Birth control (9,497 reports)
- Alternative Medicine - Pain Relief in Birth control (7,429 reports)
- Pulmonary Embolus in Birth control (6,716 reports)
- Belly Ache in Birth control (5,824 reports)
- Nausea in Birth control (5,383 reports)
- Intermenstrual Bleeding in Birth control (5,193 reports)
- Dvt in Birth control (5,137 reports)
- Feeling Uptight in Birth control (4,366 reports)
- Vaginal Haemorrhage in Birth control (3,994 reports)
- Injury in Birth control (3,797 reports)
Ocd related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.