Home > Birth control > Palpitations > Birth control and Palpitations
Would you have Palpitations (Heart palpitations) when you have Birth control?
Summary: Palpitations is found among people with Birth control, especially people who are female, 30-39 old, also have Contraception, and take medication Mirena.
We study 831 people who have Palpitations (Heart palpitations) and Birth control from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Birth control and Palpitations >>>
Birth control (latest reports from 135,338 patients) can be treated by Yaz, Mirena, Depo-provera, Nuvaring, Yasmin, Loestrin 24 Fe.
Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) (latest reports from 316,270 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain.
On Nov, 12, 2014: 831 people who have birth control and Palpitations are studied.
Age of people who have birth control and experienced Palpitations * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Contraception (831 people, 100.00%)
- Depression (34 people, 4.09%)
- Anxiety (31 people, 3.73%)
- Premenstrual syndrome (29 people, 3.49%)
- Hypersensitivity (19 people, 2.29%)
- Asthma (18 people, 2.17%)
- Hypertension (16 people, 1.93%)
- Acne (14 people, 1.68%)
- Pain (14 people, 1.68%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (14 people, 1.68%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Mirena (203 people, 24.43%)
- Yasmin (191 people, 22.98%)
- Nuvaring (186 people, 22.38%)
- Yaz (185 people, 22.26%)
- Ortho evra (96 people, 11.55%)
- Ibuprofen (37 people, 4.45%)
- Drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol (35 people, 4.21%)
- Depo-provera (33 people, 3.97%)
- Synthroid (26 people, 3.13%)
- Lexapro (25 people, 3.01%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Birth Control and Palpitations?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Palpitations and Birth control
- support group for people who have Birth control
- support group for people who have Palpitations
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Biotin and heart races? connection?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Heart Pounding Or Racing, and takes Biotin)
About 2 weeks ago I started on 3mg of Biotin a day. After about 4 days my heart started racing for period. It was uncomfortable and distracting. It's been nearly 2 weeks now and it's settled some but in the evening it comes back. Occassionaly during the day. Maybe at night I just notice it more but ...
- Can biotin cause prolonged heart racing?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Heart Pounding Or Racing, and takes Biotin)
I started taking 3mg of biotin a day for about 3 or 4 days. I noticed my heart racing which was unusual for me. None before starting biotin. I've stopped over a week ago, going on 2 weeks and my heart still races. More at night or maybe I notice it more at night. No, I would notice it during the day ...
- Does it produce vitamin k
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Sintrom, Irregular Heartbeat)
he had stroke 5 years ago, he is taking sintrom, irregular heart beat
- Does bystolic cause loss of balance
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Heart Palpitations)
bystolic causes dizzines, no balance, weak legs, fulllness in ears,heart pounding
- Does benicar hct cause sick sinus syndrome?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Irregular Heartbeat)
Feeling, tired, dizzy racing heart, feels like a panic attack at times
More questions for: Birth control, Palpitations
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Palpitations when eating raw garlic
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Heartburn, Nausea, Heart Palpitations)
After symptoms of a cold, I've been drinking the famous "garlic honey lemon" mixture to try to get rid of the cold and it actually worked pretty well.
The first morning it didn't feel very nice to drink but I was ok.
From day 2, I started to feel heartburn and heart palpitations, with a sort of he ...
- Fenofibrate allergy and gall bladder problems
(Posted by a 61 year old man who has Allergic Sinusitis, Heart Palpitations, Gallbladder Pain, and takes Fenofibrate)
Took fenofibrate for about 9 months to treat high cholesterol, it lowered total from 250 down to 175 along with lowered triglycerides and LDL. After 6 months started having allergy and cold flu symptoms along with heart palpitations. Allergies caused sore throat, fluid behind ear,and sinus congest ...
- Heart pounding on zoloft
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Heart Pounding Or Racing, and takes Zoloft)
Have been on Zoloft for 3 weeks and have heart pounding once a week for a few hours which unable me to sleep
- Generic suboxone causing heart palpitations
(Posted by a 35 year old man who has Heart Palpitations, and takes Suboxone)
I've been on the name brand Suboxone and recently was changed over to a generic Bupe/Naloxone and started having an extreme amount of heart palpitations three days after the switch. They began mildly and by the third day had increased to the point I had to stop taking it. Once I started taking the n ...
- Trazodone auditory hallucinations and heart palpitations
(Posted by a 38 year old man who has Heart Palpitations, Auditory Hallucinations, and takes Trazodone Hydrochloride)
I have severe sleeping problems, and have been desperate to find a solution. Recently my Dr. prescribed me Trazodone. Let's just say this drug is NOT for me. I get rather pronounced heart palpitations. And last night was the worst. My heart pounded rather hard the entire night. So unfortunately, I w ...
More reviews for: Birth control, Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Concerta, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Lamictal, Prozac for a patient with ADHD, Birth Control, Mood Disorder, Depression. The patient has Mood Swings, Headache, Confusion Aggravated, Absence Seizure, Fainting
Comments: Lamictal was doubled and during menses, the episodes started
- A study of side effects of Depo-provera for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Skin Rash (redness)
Comments: The rash on my back started peeling off.
- A study of drug interactions between Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Depo-provera for a patient with Hemicrania Continua, Birth Control. The patient has Neuralgia
Comments: I have used Depo-Provera since I was 18 then in 2008, I developed a form of neuralgia. For a period, I took the pill as opposed to the depo injection and was symptom free.
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Lovaza for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Irregular Heartbeat
Comments: Stopped taking Lovaza and now the irregular heart beats are not present
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Buspirone Hydrochloride for a patient with Meniere's Disease, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Palpitations
Comments: Only happens occasionally. More when I am active. But sometimes just sitting. All the time when using computer or watching television. There are just days where I cannot even look at a computer screen for even 1 minute. Very frustrating. Palpitations are annoying and inconvenient.
More related studies for: Birth control, Palpitations
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.