Would you have Dvt (Deep venous thrombosis) when you have Colon cancer?
Summary: Dvt is found among people with Colon cancer, especially people who are male, 60+ old, also have Colorectal cancer, and take medication Fluorouracil.
We study 195 people who have Dvt (Deep venous thrombosis) and Colon cancer from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Colon cancer and Dvt >>>
Colon cancer can be treated by Xeloda, Avastin. (latest reports from Colon Cancer 20,070 patients)
Dvt (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis) has been reported by people with birth control, pain, multiple myeloma, premenstrual syndrome, high blood pressure.(latest reports from Dvt 42,666 patients)
On Nov, 21, 2014: 195 people who have colon cancer and Dvt are studied.
Gender of people who have colon cancer and experienced Dvt * :
Age of people who have colon cancer and experienced Dvt * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Colorectal cancer (195 people, 100.00%)
- Prophylaxis (34 people, 17.44%)
- Colorectal cancer metastatic (28 people, 14.36%)
- Depression (19 people, 9.74%)
- Deep vein thrombosis (18 people, 9.23%)
- Hypertension (14 people, 7.18%)
- Rash (12 people, 6.15%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (7 people, 3.59%)
- Pain (6 people, 3.08%)
- Neoplasm malignant (5 people, 2.56%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Fluorouracil (195 people, 100.00%)
- Leucovorin calcium (135 people, 69.23%)
- Oxaliplatin (134 people, 68.72%)
- Avastin (110 people, 56.41%)
- Camptosar (51 people, 26.15%)
- Capecitabine (51 people, 26.15%)
- Zofran (42 people, 21.54%)
- Prilosec (38 people, 19.49%)
- Kytril (36 people, 18.46%)
- Lasix (33 people, 16.92%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Colon Cancer and Dvt?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Dvt and Colon cancer
- support group for people who have Colon cancer
- support group for people who have Dvt
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can warfarin cause a weak fingerprint
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has DVT, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
I had a deep vein thrombosis 3month's ago the doctor put me on warfarin the other day I have to go and renew my drivers licence and find out that my fingerprints is to weak. can the warfarin cause this problem
- Safety of nattokinase
(Asked by a 85 year old man who has Bleeding 4 Attacks, DVT, and takes Allopurinol, Warfarin Sodium)
tooth removed needed 5 f red blood cells and 4 of plasma
- Is plavix safe to take for deep veiw thrombois
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Deep Vein Thrombosis, and takes Plavix)
I still end up with a blood clot to right leg I started up on lovenox for about10 years or more I was switched because I was told it was cheaper
- Effects of moringa on warfarin
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Dvt, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
I am taking 11mg warfarin and find I have no energy. I am thinking of taking moringa, will this affect the warfarin?
- Treatment for a dvt in person with lung cancer
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, DVT, and takes Dexamethasone, Methadone Hydrochloride, Reglan, Klonopin, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Vitamin D)
Have contracted a large painful DVT in groin thru calf. Hospicis doctor will only administer Aspirin 325 mg. what I have researched does this not address dissolving clot. Hospicis doctor told me the tumor lung cancer was more likely to bleed with treatment to dissolve clot. She was negative and said ...
More questions for: Colon cancer, Dvt
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Rigors with pulmonary embolism (2 responses)
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Deep Vein Thrombosis, Pulmonary Embolism)
I was recently diagnosed with DVT in my right lower leg and pulmonary embolism and hospitalized. .I am now on Warfarin.A week earlier, I experienced severe chills ( rigors) and pain in my right lung.I ignored it as a " virus".As it turns out, I was actually having a pulmonary embolism .If anyone h ...
More reviews for: Colon cancer, Dvt
- A study of drug interactions between XELODA, ANDROGEL, Warfarin Sodium, Tamsulosin, LANTUS, METFORMIN, Pravastatin Sodium, Lisinopril for a patient with Colon Cancer, Testosterone, Pulmonary Embolism, Biopsy Prostate, Diabetes, Chloesterol, Hypertension. The patient has Gums - Swollen, Gums - Swollen, Glands - Swollen, Gums - Swollen, Swollen Tongue
Comments: Swelling develops quickly and is usually accompanied by itching and occasional rash. Swelling begins to dissipate after 4-5 hours. It is totally random - two weeks without any swelling, then 3-4 days with itching and swelling at different sites.
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Gout. The patient has Blood Clot In The Legs (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis)
Comments: I am also on Quinapril for high blood pressure
I get gout sometimes and I was taking Prednisone 20 mg a day (every 12 hrs (took 14 pills in 2 weeks time) I did not take all the time
I want to know if this can cause blood clot in the leg. I developed a superficial blood clot in the leg and wa ...
- A study of side effects of Depo-provera for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Deep Vein Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis)
Comments: I was on depo-provera from the time I was 15yrs old until I was 25. I have no experienced superficial and deep veing thrombosis in my right leg. I also get migraines with Aura and swelling in my right ankle
- A study of side effects of Medrol for a patient with Renal Function Test Abnormal. The patient has Deep Vein Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis), Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung)
Comments: After years of good control of my clotting condition (FVL) without anticoagulants, I was put on Medrol due to adrenal dysfunction. I also had hypothyroidism. I'd been on Medrol for approximately 5 months when I started having problems with leg pain, which was misdiagnosed despite my indicating it wa ...
- A study of side effects of Sandostatin for a patient with Colon Cancer Nos. The patient has
Comments: i absolutely love it...i had chronic diareeeha until i was put on this medicine. now i give myself a shot 3 times a day and i still have alot of bm's during the day but not watery stools
may be on it the rest of my life
More related studies for: Colon cancer, Dvt
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.