Constipation and Intestinal perforation - from FDA reports
Intestinal perforation is found among people with Constipation, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Dexamethasone and have Pain. We study 118 people who have Intestinal perforation and Constipation from FDA. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Constipation can be treated by Miralax, Colace, Amitiza, Senna, Lactulose (latest reports from 135,620 Constipation patients)
Intestinal perforation (complete penetration of the wall of the intestine) has been reported by people with crohn's disease, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, colon cancer, pain (latest reports from 8,533 Intestinal perforation patients).
On Feb, 03, 2017
118 people who have Constipation and Intestinal Perforation are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Constipation and experience Intestinal Perforation *:
- female: 52.59 %
- male: 47.41 %
Age of people who have Constipation and experience Intestinal Perforation *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.92 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.92 %
- 30-39: 0.92 %
- 40-49: 13.76 %
- 50-59: 13.76 %
- 60+: 69.72 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Pain (44 people, 37.29%)
- High Blood Pressure (31 people, 26.27%)
- Nausea (23 people, 19.49%)
- Preventive Health Care (18 people, 15.25%)
- Gastric Ulcer (13 people, 11.02%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Dexamethasone (24 people, 20.34%)
- Lansoprazole (18 people, 15.25%)
- Lactulose (16 people, 13.56%)
- Avastin (15 people, 12.71%)
- Acetaminophen (15 people, 12.71%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Peritonitis (28 people, 23.73%)
- Diarrhea (16 people, 13.56%)
- Sepsis (14 people, 11.86%)
- Intestinal Obstruction (13 people, 11.02%)
- Hypotension (12 people, 10.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Intestinal perforation and Constipation?
- Check symptoms - is your intestinal perforation caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all symptoms of Constipationa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause Intestinal perforationIntestinal perforation
Other conditions that could case Intestinal perforationIntestinal perforation
Can you answer these questions?
I have not found any way to relieve the constipation brought on by desipramine. it forces me to lower my dose and accept the lowering of my mood and mental state. has anyone else had a similar problem and found a solution?
My 6 yo has had constipation issues since she was an infant. She is on a daily dose of miralax that keeps her pretty regular, but since the Intuniv she is backing up. We had spill over all weekend and finally dosed her with an enema on Sunday. It seemed to work but now Tuesday it looks like ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I am ready to STOP taking lialda.. i was diagnosed with UC 15 years ago. Every now and then Dr would put me on lialda. I never felt it did anything for me except constipate me.. Any one else get EXTREME body pain.?
I'm a male age 85. I started taking Finasteride in January, 2016 and 8 1/2 months later I started to experience severe constipation which I am still dealing with. My GI Dr. tried very hard to find a physical reason for my constipation by having me undergo an X-ray, CT Scan and Ultrasound of my ...