Would you have Anxiety (Stress and anxiety) when you have Costochondritis?
Summary: Anxiety is found among people with Costochondritis, especially people who are female, 50-59 old, also have Joint dislocation, and take medication Vioxx.
We study 11 people who have Anxiety (Stress and anxiety) and Costochondritis from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Costochondritis and Anxiety >>>
Costochondritis (chest wall pain) (latest reports from Costochondritis 1,278 patients)
Anxiety has been reported by people with depression, stress and anxiety, quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, pain.(latest reports from Anxiety 197,075 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 11 people who have costochondritis and Anxiety are studied.
Gender of people who have costochondritis and experienced Anxiety * :
Age of people who have costochondritis and experienced Anxiety * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Joint dislocation (1 people, 9.09%)
- Pain (1 people, 9.09%)
- Acne (1 people, 9.09%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (1 people, 9.09%)
- Contraception (1 people, 9.09%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Vioxx (11 people, 100.00%)
- Nexium (10 people, 90.91%)
- Neurontin (8 people, 72.73%)
- Synthroid (8 people, 72.73%)
- Flomax (8 people, 72.73%)
- Lipitor (4 people, 36.36%)
- Plavix (2 people, 18.18%)
- Zestril (2 people, 18.18%)
- Axid (2 people, 18.18%)
- Viagra (2 people, 18.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Costochondritis and Anxiety?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Anxiety and Costochondritis
- support group for people who have Costochondritis
- support group for people who have Anxiety
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does doxepin cause abdominal adhesions?
(Asked by a 73 year old man who has Anxiety)
Have had adhesions and still taking doxepin. Need the doxepin, but worry about more adhesions
- Can nuvigil (vs adderall) be used simultaneously to help wean off 60mg/day of adderall? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 34 year old woman who has Muscle Tightness, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Ptsd, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Bulimia, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, ADHD, and takes Nuvigil, Prozac, Flexeril, Topamax, Xanax, Adderall 30)
I have been on Adderall 30mg 2x daily for years!! I've had it lowered to 20mg, I've TRIED to go months without it (when not working) however I feel I've built up a tolerance level to the point that it's not as effective as it once was. My personal life has detoured WAY past anything an ADHD medication can possibly help as far as focusing on NEEDED tasks etc. I end up feeling wrapped up in what I'm doing at the moment that my anxiety increases due to all that I haven't been able to accomplish. I take various medications for various reasons, depression, anxiety, bulimia etc., and for the most part the doses have varied based on circumstances and current need at said time of prescription.. MY FAMILY HAS A HISTORY OF HEART DISEASE, And realizing that I'm already on the highest Adderall dosage scares me (and THEN as I think about it, it makes my heart race!). I've also noticed increased muscle spasms as well as extreme and intense pressure on my jaw (TMJ). MY QUESTION IS: does anyone have any experience LOWERING their Adderall dosage AND adding Nuvigil? The research I've done to date gives me impression that it could help balance out the more extreme effects of Adderall (60mg/day) but that the nuvigil would or could potentially help with the EXTREME exhaustion I feel as Adderall wears off. Some days I just crash, some days I sleep fine and others no matter how hard I tryyyy, I just CAN'T fall asleep, therefore making the next day worse! IDEALLY I'D LIKE TO BE MED FREE, right now I need them, but am hoping maybe I can speak with my doctor to lower Adderall and add Nuvigil to help wean me off the amphetamines as well as lower dosage intake. YES, a lot of the anxiety, sleeplessness and depression are related to current circumstances in my life, however, where I am is not where I want to be or where I'm headed.. Life is a journey, and all my meds have become a part of a journey I never thought I'd find myself taking. I don't want life/meds to define me, or create a me I no longer recognize, because scarily enough that seems to be a common pattern. As I overcome each and every daily obstacle, I also don't want to be "hooked" on my meds or needing "more" to wake up/sleep/function.. I'd like to work on finding a solution towards weaning off my meds NOW, and work my way off slowly, primarily the Adderall. I'm hoping by suggesting to my doctor and showing him my research he may agree (IF ITS EVEN A LOGICAL COMBO, CLEARLY IM NOT A DOCTOR) nuvigil could help me. I've already started taking less of my anti depressants, trazadone and xanax without discussing with doc because he is always busy.. My next appt I want to go in fully prepared with a plan and an overall goal to REDUCE my Adderall dose, but overall, I'm clueless!!! I have no idea what other meds other than nuvigil "could" potentially help if at all. I could be entirely wrong, Anyone with any experience using one vs other or both simultaneously, or anyone with constructive input, PLEASE COMMENT/SHARE!!
- Can i take my ativan if i'm taking phenteremine? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has Anxiety, and takes Ativan)
I just started taking phenteremine and I can't sleep. I take it at 6 am
Am I able to take an Ativan at bed time?
- Has anybody had multi lobar pneumonia from reaction to methotrexate?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Migraine Without Aura, Anxiety And Stress, Major Depression With Psychotic Features, Bilateral Multilobar Pneumonia, Ankylosing Spondylitis, and takes Zyprexa, Methotrexate)
Bilateral multilobar pneumonia - rheumatologist considers it was caused by a reaction to methotrexate I was taking for ankylosing spondylitis and I was lucky to survive. Anyone have this and later shown to have scarring of the lungs?
- Propanolol & xanax overdose?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Anxiety, Depression, and takes Xanax, Propranolol Hydrochloride)
I took 3x the dosage on each. I tried to throw up after but I only saw 1 propranolol come out. What should I watch for to know if I should see a doctor?
More questions for: Costochondritis, Anxiety
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Zoplicine /and /xanax taken together
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Anxiety, and takes Xanax)
I am wondering if zopocline is compatible with Xanax. I have taken the together and had no adverse effects. Has any had this experience?
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Anxiety, Panic Attack, Insomnia, and takes Lipitor)
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off t ...
- Prednisone side effects (1 response)
(Posted by a 25 year old woman who has Headache, Anxiety, Heartburn, Blurred Vision, Nausea, and takes Prednisone)
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
- Lo loestrin and breast plate pain
(Posted by a 33 year old man who has Severe Acne And Facial Cysts, Mood Swings, Costochondritis, and takes Lo Loestrin Fe)
This has to be the worst birth control I have ever taken. I felt like two different people. I turned into a lunatic when I was in my cycle - which I never knew when I was on my cycle because I bled for two days here, four days there, 5 days another time. I never knew when I was going to bleed. My fa ...
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more (1 response)
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Fatigue, Sinusitis Acute, Itching, Cognitive Deterioration, Psoriasis, Anxiety, Restless Leg Syndrome, Frequent Headaches, Nasal Inflammation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Chronic Insomnia, and takes Levothyroxine Thyroid, Clonazepam, Ambien Cr)
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
More reviews for: Costochondritis, Anxiety
- A study of side effects of Doxepin Hydrochloride for a patient with Anxiety. The patient has Anxiety
Comments: Had stomach adhesions in April, 2014 - subsided after 3 days in hospital. Tried to get off doxepin, but felt overwhelmed with anxiety -family doctor put me back on Doxepin after trying other anti-anxiety meds. What are chances that Doxepin caused adhesions?
- A study of side effects of Ritalin for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition (sleeplessness related to another mental condition), Chapped Hands (dry and cracker hands), Fear, Focus, Shivering (felling of cold), Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Cold Sweat, Compulsions (performing an act persistently and repetitively), Panic Attacks, Costochondritis (chest wall pain), Stubbornness (dark personality traits), Restless Legs Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs), Fear Of Crowded Places, Fear Of Public Speaking (fear to go in social), Shortness Of Breath, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
Comments: Hands and feet always cold, even in hot weather. Smallest toe specifically gets numb. Feeling overwhelmed in large crowds or small spaces. Overthinking and anxiety all the time. Sweating even in cold weather. Panic attacks weekly. Get scared easily, jump when a loud sudden noise appears. Can't sleep ...
- A study of drug interactions between Codeine, Ibuprofen, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Temazepam, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Morphine Sulfate, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Fluoxetine, Topiramate, Ketamine Hydrochloride, Zonegran for a patient with Pain, Fatigue, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Birth Control, Neuropathic Pain, Depression. The patient has Drowsiness, Vulvovaginal Dryness, Weight Loss, Hallucinations, Mixed, Paranoia, Memory Loss, Anxiety
Comments: I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Lexapro for a patient with Stress And Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Anxiety, Pressure Sore, Lightheadedness - Dizzy
Comments: Ive been dizzy and lightheaded for 2 days . It moves from the back of my head to the front. I feel alot of pressure. I take a .5 mg of lexapro at noon daily. I split .25 xanax in half and take half in the morning and half at night before bed to help me sleep.
the symptoms get worse whenIm at work, ...
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a patient with Stress And Anxiety. The patient has Stress And Anxiety
Comments: I find that my dose seems to work very well but causes me to binge and on all bad unhealthy food (when I am usually a healthy eater). I become weak and give in. This causes more stress/ even depression.
More related studies for: Costochondritis, Anxiety
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.