Home > Crohn's disease > Anal stenosis > Crohn's disease and Anal stenosis
Review: could Crohn's disease cause Anal stenosis?
We study 61,520 people who have Crohn's disease from FDA and social media. Among them, 86 have Anal stenosis. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Crohn's disease and Anal stenosis >>>
Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract) (latest reports from 158,214 patients) can be treated by Humira, Remicade, Pentasa, Prednisone, Mercaptopurine, Entocort Ec.
Anal stenosis (narrowing of the anal sphincter and opening) (latest reports from 1,090 patients) has been reported by people with acne, crohn's disease, asthma, pain, allergic rhinitis.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 61,520 people who have crohn's disease are studied. Among them, 86 (0.14%) have Anal Stenosis.
Gender of people who have crohn's disease and experienced Anal stenosis * :
|Anal stenosis||65.76%||34.24% |
Age of people who have crohn's disease and experienced Anal stenosis * :
|Anal stenosis||0.00%||0.00%||30.46%||9.93%||33.77%||11.92%||10.60%||3.97% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Anal stenosis||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Prophylaxis (38 people, 44.19%)
- Colitis (20 people, 23.26%)
- Rectal abscess (20 people, 23.26%)
- Hypertension (18 people, 20.93%)
- Rhinitis allergic (16 people, 18.60%)
- Blood potassium decreased (15 people, 17.44%)
- Stomatitis (14 people, 16.28%)
- Adverse event (14 people, 16.28%)
- Hypokalaemia (6 people, 6.98%)
- Gastric disorder (4 people, 4.65%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Humira (86 people, 100.00%)
- Prednisone (40 people, 46.51%)
- Azathioprine (36 people, 41.86%)
- Remicade (35 people, 40.70%)
- Mesalamine (32 people, 37.21%)
- Ciprofloxacin (26 people, 30.23%)
- Budesonide (24 people, 27.91%)
- Asacol (21 people, 24.42%)
- Metronidazole (20 people, 23.26%)
- Imuran (19 people, 22.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Crohn's Disease and Anal Stenosis?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Anal Stenosis and Crohn's disease
- support group for people who have Crohn's disease
- support group for people who have Anal Stenosis
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Crohn's disease, Anal stenosis
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Caused by azathioprine
I started taking Azathioprine in 2003, and almost immediately started having very strange skin conditions, strange chronic rashes, etc. I also developed strange, tiny bumps on my palms and soles of my feet; which are extremely prominent after exposure to water. My father started taking this drug as ...
- Allopurinol for 6-mp metabolism to 6-tgn
I began taking Allopurinol 100mg to help metabolize the Purinethol I have been taking for 6 years for Crohn's disease after a blood test revealed my 6-MMP metabolites were too high and 6-TG were too low. Several published studies show Allopurinol to be helpful for "non-preferential metabolizers" lik ...
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
More reviews for: Crohn's disease, Anal stenosis
Common treatments for Crohn's Disease and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Crohn's disease symptoms:
- Granulomatous Ileocolitis in Crohn's disease (7,075 reports)
- Diarrhea in Crohn's disease (3,665 reports)
- Abdominal Cramps in Crohn's disease (3,357 reports)
- Pyrexia in Crohn's disease (3,132 reports)
- Injection Site Pain in Crohn's disease (2,980 reports)
- Drug Ineffective in Crohn's disease (2,926 reports)
- Nausea in Crohn's disease (2,855 reports)
- Fatigue in Crohn's disease (2,835 reports)
- Rashes in Crohn's disease (2,762 reports)
- Joint Pain in Crohn's disease (2,502 reports)
Anal Stenosis related symptom studies:
Recent related drug studies on eHealthMe:
More related studies for: Crohn's disease, Anal stenosis
Recent Crohn's Disease related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Crohn's disease, Anal stenosis
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (4 minutes ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (4 minutes ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (27 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
- Fastin for Weight Loss
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (2 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (3 hours ago)
- Advil Overdose
- Bladder Calculi
- High Blood Sugar
- Dilaudid Overdose
- Bilateral Hydronephrosis