Home > Crohn's disease > Anal stenosis > Crohn's disease and Anal stenosis
Would you have Anal stenosis when you have Crohn's disease?
Summary: Anal stenosis is found among people with Crohn's disease, especially people who are female, 30-39 old, also have Prophylaxis, and take medication Humira.
We study 86 people who have Anal stenosis and Crohn's disease from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Crohn's disease and Anal stenosis >>>
Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract) (latest reports from 158,407 patients) can be treated by Humira, Remicade, Pentasa, Prednisone, Asacol, Mercaptopurine.
Anal stenosis (narrowing of the anal sphincter and opening) (latest reports from 1,092 patients) has been reported by people with acne, crohn's disease, asthma, pain, allergic rhinitis.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 61,520 people who have crohn's disease are studied. Among them, 86 (0.14%) have Anal Stenosis.
Gender of people who have crohn's disease and experienced Anal stenosis * :
|Anal stenosis||65.76%||34.24% |
Age of people who have crohn's disease and experienced Anal stenosis * :
|Anal stenosis||0.00%||0.00%||30.46%||9.93%||33.77%||11.92%||10.60%||3.97% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Anal stenosis||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Prophylaxis (38 people, 44.19%)
- Colitis (20 people, 23.26%)
- Rectal abscess (20 people, 23.26%)
- Hypertension (18 people, 20.93%)
- Rhinitis allergic (16 people, 18.60%)
- Blood potassium decreased (15 people, 17.44%)
- Stomatitis (14 people, 16.28%)
- Adverse event (14 people, 16.28%)
- Hypokalaemia (6 people, 6.98%)
- Gastric disorder (4 people, 4.65%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Humira (86 people, 100.00%)
- Prednisone (40 people, 46.51%)
- Azathioprine (36 people, 41.86%)
- Remicade (35 people, 40.70%)
- Mesalamine (32 people, 37.21%)
- Ciprofloxacin (26 people, 30.23%)
- Budesonide (24 people, 27.91%)
- Asacol (21 people, 24.42%)
- Metronidazole (20 people, 23.26%)
- Imuran (19 people, 22.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Crohn's Disease and Anal Stenosis?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Anal Stenosis and Crohn's disease
- support group for people who have Crohn's disease
- support group for people who have Anal Stenosis
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone been diagnosed with hpv while taking cimzia
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Hpv, Crohn's Disease, and takes Cimzia)
i have been taking cimzia for about 1yr all of a sudden 1 day i have a crazy burning throat and blisters in my mouth only to find i have hpv have not been sexully active for 5 yrs....my dr insist i keep getting my injections but my other physcians say no....o confused and irritated
- I have been in remission of dermatamyositus since 16yrs old i'm 37 now however i've since been diagnosed with chrones disease and psoritic arthritis, all immune diseases, is this a coincidence??
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Psoriatic Arthritis, Crohn's Disease, Dermatomyositis)
I've had dermatamyiositus since I was 5 went into remission at 16, I've always been ill over the years but I've more recently been diagnosed with Crohn's disease and psoritic arthritis, from what I can tell all these diseases are immune diseases, is this an unlucky coincidence?? Or is my immune syst ...
- Does cyclosporin cause infertility/ lack of libido in women
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Crohn's Disease, and takes Cyclosporine)
have been on cyclosporine for 7 years and have noticed a decrease in libido and also wondering if this medication is going to affect my fertility as i'm only 29.
- What stage is my melanoma?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Recurring Subcutaneous Melanoma, Crohn's Disease, and takes Cholestyramine)
I was originally diagnosed in 2010 with nodular melanoma, Clarke level IV, and summer 2013 a subcutaneous tumour was removed from near the site of the original melanoma. CT showed no evidence of disease to organs. Medical oncologist said I was cancer free, skin oncologist told me that 50/100 peopl ...
- Flying with nasal crohns
(Asked by a 52 year old man who has Crohn's Disease, Nasal Crohns, and takes Propafenone Hydrochloride)
I have been diagnosed with crohns removed colon have nasal crohns and when I fly it seems to flare up looking for advice on how to prepare for flying or it anyone has any ideas
More questions for: Crohn's disease, Anal stenosis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Caused by azathioprine
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Crohn's Disease, and takes Azathioprine)
I started taking Azathioprine in 2003, and almost immediately started having very strange skin conditions, strange chronic rashes, etc. I also developed strange, tiny bumps on my palms and soles of my feet; which are extremely prominent after exposure to water. My father started taking this drug as ...
- Allopurinol for 6-mp metabolism to 6-tgn
(Posted by a 30 year old woman who has Crohn's Disease, and takes Allopurinol, Purinethol)
I began taking Allopurinol 100mg to help metabolize the Purinethol I have been taking for 6 years for Crohn's disease after a blood test revealed my 6-MMP metabolites were too high and 6-TG were too low. Several published studies show Allopurinol to be helpful for "non-preferential metabolizers" lik ...
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Thyroid Disorder, Ulcer - Stomach, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Intestinal Resection, Diverticulitis, Crohn's Disease, and takes Vitamin D, Synthroid, Prilosec Otc, Pravastatin Sodium, Asacol Hd)
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
More reviews for: Crohn's disease, Anal stenosis
- A study of drug interactions between Mucinex D, Mobic, Gotu Kola, Humira, Levothyroxine Sodium, Singulair for a patient with Sinusitis, Joint Pain, Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Crohns, Hypothyroidism, Sinus Polyp. The patient has Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Swelling Of A Joint
Comments: the joint pain isn't as bad as the swelling!!! its been random & moves from joint to joint...my hands & fingers more severe...ive never had these symptoms before!! my doctor has run RA panels, MS panels etc...waiting on results!! started me on Mobic.....absolutely cant tell ive taken anything...no s ...
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of drug interactions between Methotrexate, Humira for a patient with Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Crohn's Disease. The patient has Neck Pain
Comments: My daughter was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease 5 years ago and began treatment with Humira and Methotrexate about two years ago. Three months ago our doctor discovered and surgically removed three (3) enlarged lymph nodes in left side of neck. She has intermittent moderate pain in right side of ne ...
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Celexa, Copaxone, Ativan, Pentasa for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression, Multiple Sclerosis Relapse, Anxiety Disorder, Crohn's Disease. The patient has Myalgia, Musculoskeletal Stiffness, Nerve Pain, Pain - Muscles
Comments: Was put on simvastatin for 5 days, when severe pain hit. Was taken off of it immediately. Put on steriods. SED rate elevated. Prednisone helped just a little, but when weaning down, pain got worse. It has been 6 weeks off medication.
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotic, Vitamin D, Baclofen, Gabapentin, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Synthroid for a patient with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Vitamin D Decreased, Pelvic Discomfort, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Chronic Low Back, Low Thyroid. The patient has Degenerative Joint Disease, Scoliosis, Anal Stenosis, Arthritis
Comments: five weeks ago I received Botox injections for my chronic low back pain....now I can hardly stand up straight and walk...the chiropractor says that my pelvis is now severely tipped...this has just happened since the Botox injection s
More related studies for: Crohn's disease, Anal stenosis
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Oxygen Saturation Decreased and Remicade
- Swollen Tongue and Crestor
- Night Sweats and Prozac
- Morphine and Schizophrenia
- Does anyone have really bad burning sensation and extreme fatigue when jessners reapears?
when my jessners flares up I have an extreme burning sensa ... (1 hour ago)
- Cloxacillin and mefenamic can take at the same time
my husband suffering very pain from an motorcycles acciden ... (3 hours ago)
- Can drinking tea few days after having a depo provera shot lessen the effectivity of contraception?
Interaction of drinking tea 3 days after having depo-prove ... (4 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (19 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (24 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Crestor for a 48-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol (6 minutes ago)
- Crestor, Zopiclone, Ventolin, Atrovent Hfa, Escitalopram, Symbicort, Vitamin D, Celebrex for a 53-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Chronic Insomnia, Bronchial Asthma, Chronic Depression, COPD, Breast Cancer Her2+, Degenerative Joint Disease (28 minutes ago)
- Compare Atacand and Diovan for a 63-year old man (2 hours ago)