Home > Crohn's disease > Ileus > Crohn's disease and Ileus
Review: could Crohn's disease cause Ileus (Intestinal obstruction)?
We study 61,520 people who have Crohn's disease from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,340 have Ileus (Intestinal obstruction). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Crohn's disease and Ileus >>>
Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract) (latest reports from 165,300 patients) can be treated by Humira, Remicade, Prednisone, Pentasa, Asacol, Azathioprine.
Ileus (a painful obstruction of the ileum or other part of the intestine) (latest reports from 108,611 patients) has been reported by people with crohn's disease, acne, high blood pressure, pain, osteoporosis.
On Sep, 16, 2014: 61,502 people who have crohn's disease are studied. Among them, 1,340 (2.18%) have Ileus.
Gender of people who have crohn's disease and experienced Ileus * :
Age of people who have crohn's disease and experienced Ileus * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Vitamin supplementation (171 people, 12.76%)
- Diarrhoea (161 people, 12.01%)
- Pain (160 people, 11.94%)
- Hypertension (158 people, 11.79%)
- Anxiety (140 people, 10.45%)
- Depression (129 people, 9.63%)
- Abdominal pain (113 people, 8.43%)
- Prophylaxis (108 people, 8.06%)
- Osteoporosis (102 people, 7.61%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (90 people, 6.72%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Humira (1,340 people, 100.00%)
- Remicade (648 people, 48.36%)
- Pentasa (434 people, 32.39%)
- Imuran (235 people, 17.54%)
- Azathioprine (216 people, 16.12%)
- Prednisone (202 people, 15.07%)
- Folic acid (186 people, 13.88%)
- Mesalamine (176 people, 13.13%)
- Methotrexate (153 people, 11.42%)
- Entocort ec (148 people, 11.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Crohn's Disease and Ileus?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Ileus and Crohn's disease
- group for people who have Crohn's disease
- group for people who have Ileus
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
recurrent pseudo intestinal obstruction after 2 years of remisiion and complete mucosal healing on humira
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Crohn's disease, Ileus
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Caused by azathioprine
I started taking Azathioprine in 2003, and almost immediately started having very strange skin conditions, strange chronic rashes, etc. I also developed strange, tiny bumps on my palms and soles of my feet; which are extremely prominent after exposure to water. My father started taking this drug as ...
- Allopurinol for 6-mp metabolism to 6-tgn
I began taking Allopurinol 100mg to help metabolize the Purinethol I have been taking for 6 years for Crohn's disease after a blood test revealed my 6-MMP metabolites were too high and 6-TG were too low. Several published studies show Allopurinol to be helpful for "non-preferential metabolizers" lik ...
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
More reviews for: Crohn's disease, Ileus
Common treatments for Crohn's Disease and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Crohn's disease symptoms:
- Granulomatous Ileocolitis in Crohn's disease (7,073 reports)
- Frequent Bowel Movements in Crohn's disease (3,665 reports)
- Pain - Abdomen in Crohn's disease (3,357 reports)
- Fever in Crohn's disease (3,132 reports)
- Injection Site Pain in Crohn's disease (2,980 reports)
- Drug Ineffective in Crohn's disease (2,926 reports)
- Nausea in Crohn's disease (2,855 reports)
- Exhaustion in Crohn's disease (2,834 reports)
- Skin Redness Or Inflammation in Crohn's disease (2,762 reports)
- Bone And Joint Pain in Crohn's disease (2,501 reports)
Ileus related symptom studies:
Crohn's Disease is also known as: Crohns, Crohns Disease, Granulomatous ileocolitis, Ileitis, Inflammatory bowel disease - Crohn's disease, Regional enteritis.
Ileus is also known as: Bowel obstruction, Intestinal obstruction, Intestinal volvulus, Paralytic ileus, Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.