Home > Crohn's disease > Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness > Crohn's disease and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
Review: could Crohn's disease cause Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness (Weakness)?
We study 61,520 people who have Crohn's disease from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,550 have Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness (Weakness). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Crohn's disease and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness >>>
Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract) (latest reports from 158,214 patients) can be treated by Humira, Remicade, Pentasa, Prednisone, Mercaptopurine, Entocort Ec.
Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness (latest reports from 1,330,649 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 61,520 people who have crohn's disease are studied. Among them, 1,550 (2.52%) have Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness.
Gender of people who have crohn's disease and experienced Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness * :
|Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness||63.70%||36.30% |
Age of people who have crohn's disease and experienced Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness * :
|Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness||0.00%||0.00%||5.31%||16.09%||20.76%||20.06%||18.48%||19.36% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness||12.50%||25.00%||37.50%||25.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Pain (197 people, 12.71%)
- Hypertension (152 people, 9.81%)
- Vitamin supplementation (136 people, 8.77%)
- Depression (130 people, 8.39%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (128 people, 8.26%)
- Anxiety (123 people, 7.94%)
- Insomnia (104 people, 6.71%)
- Nausea (77 people, 4.97%)
- Diarrhoea (68 people, 4.39%)
- Prophylaxis (64 people, 4.13%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Humira (1,181 people, 76.19%)
- Remicade (664 people, 42.84%)
- Prednisone (310 people, 20.00%)
- Pentasa (269 people, 17.35%)
- Cimzia (214 people, 13.81%)
- Azathioprine (173 people, 11.16%)
- Imuran (158 people, 10.19%)
- Vitamin d (126 people, 8.13%)
- Asacol (108 people, 6.97%)
- Folic acid (101 people, 6.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Crohn's Disease and Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness and Crohn's disease
- support group for people who have Crohn's disease
- support group for people who have Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness
Comments from related studies:
From this study (10 months ago):
Diagnosed with Crohns disease in March 2013. Have been taking Lialda and Lansoprazole since. On Jan. 15th, 2013 I received a flu shot and started having flu symptoms immediately. On Jan. 20th, I started getting the restless arm and legs syndrome and by Jan. 24th, I could barely walk or lift a spoon. I saw my primary care doctor who put me on Prednisone and the symptoms have not worsened but I am having migraines, joint pain, some tingling and weakness in both arms and legs and neck muscles. Blood pressure rises when I do any moving around. Wondering if this could be a sign of Guillain-Barre syndrome as an extraintestinal manifestation of Crohn's disease as I have done some research this morning.
From this study (2 years ago):
Couldn't walk after second Remicade infusion for Crohn's. Was switched to Humira with same results. Am now bedridden and can no longer work outside the home. Mayo Clinic diagnosed it as drug-induced lupus but blood markers are changing while symptoms are not.
JAYANTA KUMAR BANDYOPADHYAY on Apr, 24, 2012:
After the first dose of Infliximab Remicade for HLA B27 + Spondyloarthropathy, ( second is due in May 2012 and I am advised for life long such an expensive treatment with no curability but to restrict the rate of deterioration), my condition is in a fix. My cornea is also affected with total absence of goblet cells suggestive of grade iv squamous metaplasia. However, my Doctor is very good / caring and humanitarian. I took opinion of four leading doctors in India and email advice from USA/UK/Netharland and all confirmed my treatment on correct path. I do not know how to finance Rs.10 Lakhs every year when my income is 50%. of that.
bdog4u2 on Dec, 6, 2012:
I'm a 38 yr old male. I've had crohn's for over 20 years and it sucks.
Bobbie on Oct, 20, 2012:
My mother, 53 years old, , diagnosed with ulcerative colitis July of 2011 has passed away from remicade. She had breat cancer and was treated with chemo in 1999 but healthy ever since. There is no other explanation. This drug is scary. If you are thinking of using it see a cardiologist and liver expert before you even think about it. I beg of you. 6 weeks and she was gone...
Bobby Green on Dec, 6, 2012:
Been on remicade for over 8 years the worse I got from it was athletes foot. I'm sorry for your mom its a horrible disease and the meds can be worse. I hope we have a cure one day but there's not enough profit in cures I watched remicade go from $2000 a treatment to $7000 its not fair how the sick get preyed upon
Rainer on Jan, 7, 2013:
I had exoperienced leg muscle weakness when on Statins of all sorts. Eventually I could not take any of the Statins any longer as they adversly affected me in numerous ways. Stopped Statins and all improved. Started Questran Lite. leg muscles feel like Jelly. May be possibly from this but not sure as yet. Will see Doc to have this confirmed. seems to me when ever I try a medication to help my High Cholesterol / Heart desease issue tthat i am stuffing myself up with considerable side effects affecting my quality of life!!
From this study (2 years ago):
very fatigued & tired. muscle weakness, and tourette tic like symptons, only happens while on medications :( . has anyone else ever experienced any of these together?
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Has anyone been diagnosed with hpv while taking cimzia
i have been taking cimzia for about 1yr all of a sudden 1 day i have a crazy burning throat and blisters in my mouth only to find i have hpv have not been sexully active for 5 yrs....my dr insist i keep getting my injections but my other physcians say no....o confused and irritated
- Can marijuana be causing serious, long-term muscle weakness?
I'm almost 65 years old, am a successful, well adjusted professional and have used marijuana on and off for over 45 years. I began using it more heavily about five years ago. Beginning about four years ago I began experiencing serious muscle weakness, in the large muscles. I was a skier, hiker, s ...
- I have been in remission of dermatamyositus since 16yrs old i'm 37 now however i've since been diagnosed with chrones disease and psoritic arthritis, all immune diseases, is this a coincidence??
I've had dermatamyiositus since I was 5 went into remission at 16, I've always been ill over the years but I've more recently been diagnosed with Crohn's disease and psoritic arthritis, from what I can tell all these diseases are immune diseases, is this an unlucky coincidence?? Or is my immune syst ...
More questions for: Crohn's disease, Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Caused by azathioprine
I started taking Azathioprine in 2003, and almost immediately started having very strange skin conditions, strange chronic rashes, etc. I also developed strange, tiny bumps on my palms and soles of my feet; which are extremely prominent after exposure to water. My father started taking this drug as ...
- Allopurinol for 6-mp metabolism to 6-tgn
I began taking Allopurinol 100mg to help metabolize the Purinethol I have been taking for 6 years for Crohn's disease after a blood test revealed my 6-MMP metabolites were too high and 6-TG were too low. Several published studies show Allopurinol to be helpful for "non-preferential metabolizers" lik ...
More reviews for: Crohn's disease, Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
Common treatments for Crohn's Disease and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Crohn's disease symptoms:
- Crohns Disease in Crohn's disease (7,075 reports)
- Frequent Bowel Movements in Crohn's disease (3,665 reports)
- Pain - Abdomen in Crohn's disease (3,357 reports)
- Elevated Temperature in Crohn's disease (3,132 reports)
- Injection Site Pain in Crohn's disease (2,980 reports)
- Drug Ineffective in Crohn's disease (2,926 reports)
- Nausea in Crohn's disease (2,855 reports)
- Exhaustion in Crohn's disease (2,835 reports)
- Rash Generalised in Crohn's disease (2,762 reports)
- Arthralgia in Crohn's disease (2,501 reports)
Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness related symptom studies:
- Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness in Blood cholesterol increased (8,029 reports)
- Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness in Blood pressure (8,440 reports)
- Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness in Depression (4,874 reports)
- Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness in Diabetes mellitus (2,971 reports)
- Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness in Hypertension (9,005 reports)
- Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness in Multiple sclerosis (14,531 reports)
- Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness in Osteoporosis (6,975 reports)
- Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness in Pain (5,072 reports)
- Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness in Rheumatoid arthritis (4,879 reports)
- Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness in Type 2 diabetes (2,842 reports)
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.