Crohn's disease and Muscle pain: a study of 714 patients
This is a study of Muscle pain (Muscle aches) among people who have Crohn's disease. The study analyzes the Crohn's disease patients by their gender and age, drugs used, and common conditions other than Crohn's disease. In total 60,257 Crohn's disease patients are studied. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and is updated regularly.
Do you have chronic disease and take multiple drugs? eHealthMe can monitor your drugs and notify you when there are serious drug reactions detected. Our original studies have been used on premier medical publications. The monitor will be personalized to your gender and age. Start now
On May, 18, 2013: 60,257 people who have crohn's disease are studied. Among them, 714 (1.18%) have Muscle Pain.
Gender of people who have crohn's disease and experienced Muscle pain * :
|Muscle pain||58.45%||41.55% |
Age of people who have crohn's disease and experienced Muscle pain * :
|Muscle pain||0.00%||0.54%||6.83%||20.08%||24.90%||18.47%||19.28%||9.91% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (714 people, 100.00%)
- Pain (115 people, 16.11%)
- Vomiting (61 people, 8.54%)
- Depression (47 people, 6.58%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (45 people, 6.30%)
- Insomnia (30 people, 4.20%)
- Anxiety (29 people, 4.06%)
- Hypertension (27 people, 3.78%)
- Back pain (20 people, 2.80%)
- Nausea (19 people, 2.66%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Remicade (542 people, 75.91%)
- Humira (388 people, 54.34%)
- Pentasa (223 people, 31.23%)
- Prednisone (151 people, 21.15%)
- Azathioprine (134 people, 18.77%)
- Imuran (123 people, 17.23%)
- Asacol (109 people, 15.27%)
- Cipro (92 people, 12.89%)
- Prevacid (88 people, 12.32%)
- Acetaminophen (83 people, 11.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Next: check whether muscle pain is from a condition or a drug
You can also:
Top symptoms of Crohn's Disease and its drugs:
Could your drug cause it?
Browse all Crohn's disease symptoms from A to Z:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (10 months ago):
feel generally ill most of the time,
From this study (1 year ago):
Wondering if my arm and elbow pains of both sides are a late-blooming
reaction to Remicade.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent drug studies on eHealthMe: