Home > Crohn's disease > Muscle pain > Crohn's disease and Muscle pain
Review: could Crohn's disease cause Muscle pain (Muscle aches)?
We study 61,520 people who have Crohn's disease from FDA and social media. Among them, 747 have Muscle pain (Muscle aches). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Crohn's disease and Muscle pain >>>
Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract) (latest reports from 158,214 patients) can be treated by Humira, Remicade, Pentasa, Prednisone, Mercaptopurine, Entocort Ec.
Muscle pain (muscle pain) (latest reports from 505,148 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 61,520 people who have crohn's disease are studied. Among them, 747 (1.21%) have Muscle Pain.
Gender of people who have crohn's disease and experienced Muscle pain * :
|Muscle pain||58.77%||41.23% |
Age of people who have crohn's disease and experienced Muscle pain * :
|Muscle pain||0.00%||0.51%||6.62%||19.34%||25.83%||18.96%||19.47%||9.41% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle pain||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Pain (116 people, 15.53%)
- Vomiting (61 people, 8.17%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (51 people, 6.83%)
- Depression (48 people, 6.43%)
- Vitamin supplementation (42 people, 5.62%)
- Prophylaxis (32 people, 4.28%)
- Insomnia (31 people, 4.15%)
- Anxiety (30 people, 4.02%)
- Hypertension (29 people, 3.88%)
- Back pain (20 people, 2.68%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Remicade (560 people, 74.97%)
- Humira (393 people, 52.61%)
- Pentasa (232 people, 31.06%)
- Prednisone (151 people, 20.21%)
- Azathioprine (137 people, 18.34%)
- Imuran (127 people, 17.00%)
- Asacol (109 people, 14.59%)
- Cipro (92 people, 12.32%)
- Prevacid (89 people, 11.91%)
- Mercaptopurine (83 people, 11.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Crohn's Disease and Muscle Pain?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Muscle Pain and Crohn's disease
- support group for people who have Crohn's disease
- support group for people who have Muscle Pain
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
Was put on simvastatin for 5 days, when severe pain hit. Was taken off of it immediately. Put on steriods. SED rate elevated. Prednisone helped just a little, but when weaning down, pain got worse. It has been 6 weeks off medication.
From this study (10 months ago):
Muscle pain developed after prednisone tapering complete.
From this study (2 years ago):
feel generally ill most of the time,
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Has anyone been diagnosed with hpv while taking cimzia
i have been taking cimzia for about 1yr all of a sudden 1 day i have a crazy burning throat and blisters in my mouth only to find i have hpv have not been sexully active for 5 yrs....my dr insist i keep getting my injections but my other physcians say no....o confused and irritated
- I have been in remission of dermatamyositus since 16yrs old i'm 37 now however i've since been diagnosed with chrones disease and psoritic arthritis, all immune diseases, is this a coincidence??
I've had dermatamyiositus since I was 5 went into remission at 16, I've always been ill over the years but I've more recently been diagnosed with Crohn's disease and psoritic arthritis, from what I can tell all these diseases are immune diseases, is this an unlucky coincidence?? Or is my immune syst ...
- Has anyone had tingling in hands, arms, feet, legs from lisinopril that did not go away when they quit taking it? if you got rid of the tingles, how did you do it?
After 9 months on Atenolol I started getting tingling in my left hand. Also had a pulmonary embolism. A doc switched me to Lisinopril and the tingling moved to my legs, feet, both hands and arms. My calf muscles are very tight and my legs ache. Plus dizziness and other things. After 3 years of ...
More questions for: Crohn's disease, Muscle pain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Caused by azathioprine
I started taking Azathioprine in 2003, and almost immediately started having very strange skin conditions, strange chronic rashes, etc. I also developed strange, tiny bumps on my palms and soles of my feet; which are extremely prominent after exposure to water. My father started taking this drug as ...
- Allopurinol for 6-mp metabolism to 6-tgn
I began taking Allopurinol 100mg to help metabolize the Purinethol I have been taking for 6 years for Crohn's disease after a blood test revealed my 6-MMP metabolites were too high and 6-TG were too low. Several published studies show Allopurinol to be helpful for "non-preferential metabolizers" lik ...
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
More reviews for: Crohn's disease, Muscle pain
Common treatments for Crohn's Disease and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Crohn's disease symptoms:
- Ileitis in Crohn's disease (7,075 reports)
- Stools - Watery in Crohn's disease (3,665 reports)
- Stomach Pain in Crohn's disease (3,357 reports)
- Fever in Crohn's disease (3,132 reports)
- Injection Site Pain in Crohn's disease (2,980 reports)
- Not Effective in Crohn's disease (2,926 reports)
- Nausea in Crohn's disease (2,855 reports)
- Exhaustion in Crohn's disease (2,835 reports)
- Skin Rash in Crohn's disease (2,762 reports)
- Joint Aches in Crohn's disease (2,501 reports)
Muscle Pain related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.