Review: could Crohn's disease cause Muscle pain?
We study 61,483 people who have Crohn's disease from FDA and social media. Among them, 746 have Muscle pain (Muscle aches). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Stay connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Crohn's disease and Muscle pain >>>
Crohn's disease (latest reports from 157,775 patients) is typically treated by Humira, Remicade, Prednisone, Pentasa, Azathioprine, Imuran.
Muscle pain (muscle pain) (latest reports from 504,753 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis.
On Jul, 19, 2014: 61,474 people who have crohn's disease are studied. Among them, 746 (1.21%) have Muscle Pain. They amount to 0.15% of all the 504,724 people who have Muscle Pain on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have crohn's disease and experienced Muscle pain * :
|Muscle pain||58.73%||41.27% |
Age of people who have crohn's disease and experienced Muscle pain * :
|Muscle pain||0.00%||0.51%||6.62%||19.36%||25.86%||18.85%||19.49%||9.43% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle pain||0.00%||55.56%||44.44%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Pain (116 people, 15.55%)
- Vomiting (61 people, 8.18%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (51 people, 6.84%)
- Depression (47 people, 6.30%)
- Vitamin supplementation (42 people, 5.63%)
- Prophylaxis (32 people, 4.29%)
- Insomnia (31 people, 4.16%)
- Anxiety (30 people, 4.02%)
- Hypertension (29 people, 3.89%)
- Back pain (20 people, 2.68%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Remicade (560 people, 75.07%)
- Humira (393 people, 52.68%)
- Pentasa (231 people, 30.97%)
- Prednisone (151 people, 20.24%)
- Azathioprine (137 people, 18.36%)
- Imuran (127 people, 17.02%)
- Asacol (109 people, 14.61%)
- Cipro (92 people, 12.33%)
- Prevacid (89 people, 11.93%)
- Mercaptopurine (83 people, 11.13%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Muscle Pain and Crohn's disease
- group for people who have Crohn's disease
- group for people who have Muscle Pain
Common treatments for Crohn's Disease and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 months ago):
Muscle pain developed after prednisone tapering complete.
From this study (2 years ago):
feel generally ill most of the time,
From this study (2 years ago):
Wondering if my arm and elbow pains of both sides are a late-blooming
reaction to Remicade.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Crohn's disease, Muscle pain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
More reviews for: Crohn's disease, Muscle pain
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.