Review: could Crohn's disease cause Muscle pain?
We study 61,492 people who have Crohn's disease from FDA and social media. Among them, 746 have Muscle pain (Muscle aches). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Stay connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Crohn's disease and Muscle pain >>>
Crohn's disease (latest reports from 165,130 patients) can be treated by Humira, Remicade, Pentasa, Imuran, Azathioprine, Prednisone.
Muscle pain (muscle pain) (latest reports from 505,051 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis.
On Aug, 21, 2014: 61,490 people who have crohn's disease are studied. Among them, 746 (1.21%) have Muscle Pain. They amount to 0.15% of all the 505,033 people who have Muscle Pain on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have crohn's disease and experienced Muscle pain * :
|Muscle pain||58.73%||41.27% |
Age of people who have crohn's disease and experienced Muscle pain * :
|Muscle pain||0.00%||0.51%||6.62%||19.36%||25.86%||18.85%||19.49%||9.43% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle pain||0.00%||55.56%||44.44%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Pain (116 people, 15.55%)
- Vomiting (61 people, 8.18%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (51 people, 6.84%)
- Depression (47 people, 6.30%)
- Vitamin supplementation (42 people, 5.63%)
- Prophylaxis (32 people, 4.29%)
- Insomnia (31 people, 4.16%)
- Anxiety (30 people, 4.02%)
- Hypertension (29 people, 3.89%)
- Back pain (20 people, 2.68%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Remicade (560 people, 75.07%)
- Humira (393 people, 52.68%)
- Pentasa (231 people, 30.97%)
- Prednisone (151 people, 20.24%)
- Azathioprine (137 people, 18.36%)
- Imuran (127 people, 17.02%)
- Asacol (109 people, 14.61%)
- Cipro (92 people, 12.33%)
- Prevacid (89 people, 11.93%)
- Mercaptopurine (83 people, 11.13%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Muscle Pain and Crohn's disease
- group for people who have Crohn's disease
- group for people who have Muscle Pain
Comments from related studies:
From this study (8 months ago):
Muscle pain developed after prednisone tapering complete.
From this study (2 years ago):
feel generally ill most of the time,
From this study (2 years ago):
Wondering if my arm and elbow pains of both sides are a late-blooming
reaction to Remicade.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Crohn's disease, Muscle pain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Allopurinol for 6-mp metabolism to 6-tgn
I began taking Allopurinol 100mg to help metabolize the Purinethol I have been taking for 6 years for Crohn's disease after a blood test revealed my 6-MMP metabolites were too high and 6-TG were too low. Several published studies show Allopurinol to be helpful for "non-preferential metabolizers" lik ...
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
More reviews for: Crohn's disease, Muscle pain
Common treatments for Crohn's Disease and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Crohn's disease symptoms:
- Regional Enteritis in Crohn's disease (7,073 reports)
- Diarrhea in Crohn's disease (3,664 reports)
- Pain - Abdomen in Crohn's disease (3,357 reports)
- Pyrexia in Crohn's disease (3,132 reports)
- Injection Site Pain in Crohn's disease (2,980 reports)
- Drug Not Working in Crohn's disease (2,926 reports)
- Nausea in Crohn's disease (2,855 reports)
- Exhaustion in Crohn's disease (2,832 reports)
- Erythema in Crohn's disease (2,762 reports)
- Stiffness In A Joint in Crohn's disease (2,501 reports)
Muscle Pain related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.