Home > Crohn's disease > Pancreatitis > Crohn's disease and Pancreatitis
Review: could Crohn's disease cause Pancreatitis?
We study 61,520 people who have Crohn's disease from FDA and social media. Among them, 323 have Pancreatitis. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Crohn's disease and Pancreatitis >>>
Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract) (latest reports from 165,300 patients) can be treated by Humira, Remicade, Prednisone, Pentasa, Asacol, Azathioprine.
Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) (latest reports from 197,602 patients) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, high blood pressure, diabetes, bipolar disorder.
On Sep, 24, 2014: 61,506 people who have crohn's disease are studied. Among them, 323 (0.53%) have Pancreatitis.
Gender of people who have crohn's disease and experienced Pancreatitis * :
Age of people who have crohn's disease and experienced Pancreatitis * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Abdominal pain (18 people, 5.57%)
- Pain (15 people, 4.64%)
- Diabetes mellitus (14 people, 4.33%)
- Headache (14 people, 4.33%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (13 people, 4.02%)
- Acne (13 people, 4.02%)
- Vitamin supplementation (11 people, 3.41%)
- Hypertension (11 people, 3.41%)
- Diarrhoea (10 people, 3.10%)
- Dyspepsia (9 people, 2.79%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Remicade (226 people, 69.97%)
- Humira (128 people, 39.63%)
- Azathioprine (74 people, 22.91%)
- Imuran (69 people, 21.36%)
- Prednisone (53 people, 16.41%)
- Mercaptopurine (49 people, 15.17%)
- Pentasa (48 people, 14.86%)
- Folic acid (42 people, 13.00%)
- Cimzia (31 people, 9.60%)
- Nexium (28 people, 8.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Crohn's Disease and Pancreatitis?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
I was on 6-MP for about 3 weeks when it caused pancreatitis. I started Remicade a month ago and had 2 infusion so far....I feel the same symtoms as I had when I was dx with the pancreatitis before< my crohns symptoms have since went into remission quickly after my first infusion
From this study (2 years ago):
was only on the drug for 2 weeks.then got pancreattitis
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Crohn's disease, Pancreatitis
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Caused by azathioprine
I started taking Azathioprine in 2003, and almost immediately started having very strange skin conditions, strange chronic rashes, etc. I also developed strange, tiny bumps on my palms and soles of my feet; which are extremely prominent after exposure to water. My father started taking this drug as ...
- Allopurinol for 6-mp metabolism to 6-tgn
I began taking Allopurinol 100mg to help metabolize the Purinethol I have been taking for 6 years for Crohn's disease after a blood test revealed my 6-MMP metabolites were too high and 6-TG were too low. Several published studies show Allopurinol to be helpful for "non-preferential metabolizers" lik ...
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
More reviews for: Crohn's disease, Pancreatitis
Common treatments for Crohn's Disease and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Crohn's disease symptoms:
- Crohns Disease in Crohn's disease (7,073 reports)
- Stools - Watery in Crohn's disease (3,665 reports)
- Abdominal Cramps in Crohn's disease (3,357 reports)
- Elevated Temperature in Crohn's disease (3,132 reports)
- Injection Site Pain in Crohn's disease (2,980 reports)
- Drug Not Working in Crohn's disease (2,926 reports)
- Nausea in Crohn's disease (2,855 reports)
- Tiredness in Crohn's disease (2,834 reports)
- Rashes in Crohn's disease (2,762 reports)
- Bone And Joint Pain in Crohn's disease (2,501 reports)
Pancreatitis related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.