Home > Crohn's disease > Pancreatitis > Crohn's disease and Pancreatitis
Would you have Pancreatitis when you have Crohn's disease?
Summary: Pancreatitis is found among people with Crohn's disease, especially people who are female, 20-29 old, also have Abdominal pain, and take medication Remicade.
We study 323 people who have Pancreatitis and Crohn's disease from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Crohn's disease and Pancreatitis >>>
Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract) (latest reports from 158,407 patients) can be treated by Humira, Remicade, Pentasa, Prednisone, Asacol, Mercaptopurine.
Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) (latest reports from 197,653 patients) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, high blood pressure, diabetes, bipolar disorder.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 61,520 people who have crohn's disease are studied. Among them, 323 (0.53%) have Pancreatitis.
Gender of people who have crohn's disease and experienced Pancreatitis * :
Age of people who have crohn's disease and experienced Pancreatitis * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Abdominal pain (18 people, 5.57%)
- Pain (15 people, 4.64%)
- Diabetes mellitus (14 people, 4.33%)
- Headache (14 people, 4.33%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (13 people, 4.02%)
- Acne (13 people, 4.02%)
- Vitamin supplementation (11 people, 3.41%)
- Hypertension (11 people, 3.41%)
- Diarrhoea (10 people, 3.10%)
- Dyspepsia (9 people, 2.79%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Remicade (226 people, 69.97%)
- Humira (128 people, 39.63%)
- Azathioprine (74 people, 22.91%)
- Imuran (69 people, 21.36%)
- Prednisone (53 people, 16.41%)
- Mercaptopurine (49 people, 15.17%)
- Pentasa (48 people, 14.86%)
- Folic acid (42 people, 13.00%)
- Cimzia (31 people, 9.60%)
- Nexium (28 people, 8.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Crohn's Disease and Pancreatitis?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Pancreatitis and Crohn's disease
- support group for people who have Crohn's disease
- support group for people who have Pancreatitis
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone been diagnosed with hpv while taking cimzia
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Hpv, Crohn's Disease, and takes Cimzia)
i have been taking cimzia for about 1yr all of a sudden 1 day i have a crazy burning throat and blisters in my mouth only to find i have hpv have not been sexully active for 5 yrs....my dr insist i keep getting my injections but my other physcians say no....o confused and irritated
- I have been in remission of dermatamyositus since 16yrs old i'm 37 now however i've since been diagnosed with chrones disease and psoritic arthritis, all immune diseases, is this a coincidence??
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Psoriatic Arthritis, Crohn's Disease, Dermatomyositis)
I've had dermatamyiositus since I was 5 went into remission at 16, I've always been ill over the years but I've more recently been diagnosed with Crohn's disease and psoritic arthritis, from what I can tell all these diseases are immune diseases, is this an unlucky coincidence?? Or is my immune syst ...
- Does cyclosporin cause infertility/ lack of libido in women
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Crohn's Disease, and takes Cyclosporine)
have been on cyclosporine for 7 years and have noticed a decrease in libido and also wondering if this medication is going to affect my fertility as i'm only 29.
- Could my 20 years of methadone use have any relationship to my current condition
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Pancreatitis, Neck Pain, and takes Methadone Hydrochloride, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Ondansetron)
Neck pain - radiates to right side of face, shoulder and right arm
- What stage is my melanoma?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Recurring Subcutaneous Melanoma, Crohn's Disease, and takes Cholestyramine)
I was originally diagnosed in 2010 with nodular melanoma, Clarke level IV, and summer 2013 a subcutaneous tumour was removed from near the site of the original melanoma. CT showed no evidence of disease to organs. Medical oncologist said I was cancer free, skin oncologist told me that 50/100 peopl ...
More questions for: Crohn's disease, Pancreatitis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pancreatitis while taking rebetol
(Posted by a 56 year old man who has Hep-C, Pancreatitis, and takes Peginterferon, Rebetol)
I got Chronic Pancreatitis from taking Rebetol brand capsels of Rivavirain and Interferon. Had the VA used a diferent brand of Rivavirain besides Rebetol I'd most likley would have never gotten the Pancreatitis...
- Caused by azathioprine
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Crohn's Disease, and takes Azathioprine)
I started taking Azathioprine in 2003, and almost immediately started having very strange skin conditions, strange chronic rashes, etc. I also developed strange, tiny bumps on my palms and soles of my feet; which are extremely prominent after exposure to water. My father started taking this drug as ...
- Allopurinol for 6-mp metabolism to 6-tgn
(Posted by a 30 year old woman who has Crohn's Disease, and takes Allopurinol, Purinethol)
I began taking Allopurinol 100mg to help metabolize the Purinethol I have been taking for 6 years for Crohn's disease after a blood test revealed my 6-MMP metabolites were too high and 6-TG were too low. Several published studies show Allopurinol to be helpful for "non-preferential metabolizers" lik ...
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Thyroid Disorder, Ulcer - Stomach, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Intestinal Resection, Diverticulitis, Crohn's Disease, and takes Vitamin D, Synthroid, Prilosec Otc, Pravastatin Sodium, Asacol Hd)
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
More reviews for: Crohn's disease, Pancreatitis
- A study of drug interactions between Mucinex D, Mobic, Gotu Kola, Humira, Levothyroxine Sodium, Singulair for a patient with Sinusitis, Joint Pain, Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Crohns, Hypothyroidism, Sinus Polyp. The patient has Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Swelling Of A Joint
Comments: the joint pain isn't as bad as the swelling!!! its been random & moves from joint to joint...my hands & fingers more severe...ive never had these symptoms before!! my doctor has run RA panels, MS panels etc...waiting on results!! started me on Mobic.....absolutely cant tell ive taken anything...no s ...
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of drug interactions between Tekturna Hct, Lyrica for a patient with Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Crohn's Disease, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Gabapentin
Comments: have been on tekturna hct for four years. Helped my blood pressure but all of a sudden serious side effects such as 1. gall bladder removel, crohns, gout flairs, neuropathy, all arthritis such as austioarthritis, plus all arthritis. cateracts possibly glaucoma, fibromyalgia, angioedema and perophi ...
More related studies for: Crohn's disease, Pancreatitis
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.