Review: could Crohn's disease cause Pancreatitis?
We study 61,483 people who have Crohn's disease from FDA and social media. Among them, 323 have Pancreatitis. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Stay connected: get help anytime and anywhere for people who have Crohn's disease and Pancreatitis >>>
Crohn's disease (latest reports from 157,764 patients) is typically treated by Humira, Remicade, Prednisone, Pentasa, Azathioprine, Asacol.
Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) (latest reports from 197,174 patients) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, high blood pressure, diabetes, bipolar disorder.
On Jul, 25, 2014: 61,480 people who have crohn's disease are studied. Among them, 323 (0.53%) have Pancreatitis. They amount to 0.16% of all the 197,168 people who have Pancreatitis on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have crohn's disease and experienced Pancreatitis * :
Age of people who have crohn's disease and experienced Pancreatitis * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Abdominal pain (18 people, 5.57%)
- Pain (15 people, 4.64%)
- Diabetes mellitus (14 people, 4.33%)
- Headache (14 people, 4.33%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (13 people, 4.02%)
- Acne (13 people, 4.02%)
- Vitamin supplementation (11 people, 3.41%)
- Hypertension (11 people, 3.41%)
- Diarrhoea (10 people, 3.10%)
- Dyspepsia (9 people, 2.79%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Remicade (226 people, 69.97%)
- Humira (128 people, 39.63%)
- Azathioprine (74 people, 22.91%)
- Imuran (69 people, 21.36%)
- Prednisone (53 people, 16.41%)
- Mercaptopurine (49 people, 15.17%)
- Pentasa (48 people, 14.86%)
- Folic acid (42 people, 13.00%)
- Cimzia (31 people, 9.60%)
- Nexium (28 people, 8.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Pancreatitis and Crohn's disease
- group for people who have Crohn's disease
- group for people who have Pancreatitis
Common treatments for Crohn's Disease and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 year ago):
I was on 6-MP for about 3 weeks when it caused pancreatitis. I started Remicade a month ago and had 2 infusion so far....I feel the same symtoms as I had when I was dx with the pancreatitis before< my crohns symptoms have since went into remission quickly after my first infusion
From this study (2 years ago):
was only on the drug for 2 weeks.then got pancreattitis
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Crohn's disease, Pancreatitis
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
More reviews for: Crohn's disease, Pancreatitis
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.