Home > Crohn's disease > Prostate cancer > Crohn's disease and Prostate cancer
Would you have Prostate cancer when you have Crohn's disease?
Summary: Prostate cancer is found among people with Crohn's disease, especially people who are male, 60+ old, also have Hypertension, and take medication Remicade.
We study 59 people who have Prostate cancer and Crohn's disease from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Crohn's disease and Prostate cancer >>>
Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract) can be treated by Humira, Remicade, Pentasa, Azathioprine, Asacol, Prednisone. (view latest reports from 74,817 patients)
Prostate cancer (latest reports from 21,859 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, erection problems.
On Nov, 28, 2014: 59 people who have crohn's disease and Prostate Cancer are studied.
Age of people who have crohn's disease and experienced Prostate cancer * :
|Prostate cancer||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.38%||2.38%||23.81%||71.43% |
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (14 people, 23.73%)
- Diabetes mellitus (10 people, 16.95%)
- Hypothyroidism (10 people, 16.95%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (10 people, 16.95%)
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (8 people, 13.56%)
- Cardiac disorder (8 people, 13.56%)
- Asthma (8 people, 13.56%)
- Depression (4 people, 6.78%)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (4 people, 6.78%)
- Diarrhoea (3 people, 5.08%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Remicade (59 people, 100.00%)
- Aspirin (28 people, 47.46%)
- Prednisone (27 people, 45.76%)
- Pentasa (26 people, 44.07%)
- Mesalamine (19 people, 32.20%)
- Nexium (17 people, 28.81%)
- Entocort ec (16 people, 27.12%)
- Humira (15 people, 25.42%)
- Actos (14 people, 23.73%)
- Cimzia (13 people, 22.03%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Crohn's Disease and Prostate Cancer?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Prostate Cancer and Crohn's disease
- support group for people who have Crohn's disease
- support group for people who have Prostate Cancer
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone been diagnosed with hpv while taking cimzia
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Hpv, Crohn's Disease, and takes Cimzia)
i have been taking cimzia for about 1yr all of a sudden 1 day i have a crazy burning throat and blisters in my mouth only to find i have hpv have not been sexully active for 5 yrs....my dr insist i keep getting my injections but my other physcians say no....o confused and irritated
- I have been in remission of dermatamyositus since 16yrs old i'm 37 now however i've since been diagnosed with chrones disease and psoritic arthritis, all immune diseases, is this a coincidence?? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Psoriatic Arthritis, Crohn's Disease, Dermatomyositis)
I've had dermatamyiositus since I was 5 went into remission at 16, I've always been ill over the years but I've more recently been diagnosed with Crohn's disease and psoritic arthritis, from what I can tell all these diseases are immune diseases, is this an unlucky coincidence?? Or is my immune syst ...
- I have been diagnosed with prostate cancer (1 answer)
(Asked by a 75 year old man who has Cancer - Prostate, and takes Enbrel)
already on enbrel, doing well do not want to stop, but diagnosed with prostate ca. Should I stop
- Does cyclosporin cause infertility/ lack of libido in women
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Crohn's Disease, and takes Cyclosporine)
have been on cyclosporine for 7 years and have noticed a decrease in libido and also wondering if this medication is going to affect my fertility as i'm only 29.
- What stage is my melanoma?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Recurring Subcutaneous Melanoma, Crohn's Disease, and takes Cholestyramine)
I was originally diagnosed in 2010 with nodular melanoma, Clarke level IV, and summer 2013 a subcutaneous tumour was removed from near the site of the original melanoma. CT showed no evidence of disease to organs. Medical oncologist said I was cancer free, skin oncologist told me that 50/100 peopl ...
More questions for: Crohn's disease, Prostate cancer
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Caused by azathioprine (2 responses)
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Crohn's Disease, and takes Azathioprine)
I started taking Azathioprine in 2003, and almost immediately started having very strange skin conditions, strange chronic rashes, etc. I also developed strange, tiny bumps on my palms and soles of my feet; which are extremely prominent after exposure to water. My father started taking this drug as ...
- Allopurinol for 6-mp metabolism to 6-tgn
(Posted by a 30 year old woman who has Crohn's Disease, and takes Allopurinol, Purinethol)
I began taking Allopurinol 100mg to help metabolize the Purinethol I have been taking for 6 years for Crohn's disease after a blood test revealed my 6-MMP metabolites were too high and 6-TG were too low. Several published studies show Allopurinol to be helpful for "non-preferential metabolizers" lik ...
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Thyroid Disorder, Ulcer - Stomach, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Intestinal Resection, Diverticulitis, Crohn's Disease, and takes Vitamin D, Synthroid, Prilosec Otc, Pravastatin Sodium, Asacol Hd)
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
More reviews for: Crohn's disease, Prostate cancer
- A study of drug interactions between Mucinex D, Mobic, Gotu Kola, Humira, Levothyroxine Sodium, Singulair for a patient with Sinusitis, Joint Pain, Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Crohns, Hypothyroidism, Sinus Polyp. The patient has Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Swelling Of A Joint
Comments: the joint pain isn't as bad as the swelling!!! its been random & moves from joint to joint...my hands & fingers more severe...ive never had these symptoms before!! my doctor has run RA panels, MS panels etc...waiting on results!! started me on Mobic.....absolutely cant tell ive taken anything...no s ...
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of drug interactions between Methotrexate, Humira for a patient with Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Crohn's Disease. The patient has Neck Pain
Comments: My daughter was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease 5 years ago and began treatment with Humira and Methotrexate about two years ago. Three months ago our doctor discovered and surgically removed three (3) enlarged lymph nodes in left side of neck. She has intermittent moderate pain in right side of ne ...
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Celexa, Copaxone, Ativan, Pentasa for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression, Multiple Sclerosis Relapse, Anxiety Disorder, Crohn's Disease. The patient has Myalgia, Musculoskeletal Stiffness, Nerve Pain, Pain - Muscles
Comments: Was put on simvastatin for 5 days, when severe pain hit. Was taken off of it immediately. Put on steriods. SED rate elevated. Prednisone helped just a little, but when weaning down, pain got worse. It has been 6 weeks off medication.
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Crohn's Disease. The patient has Acute Severe Asthma
Comments: my doctor has given me daliresp for my asthma and bronchitis. It is causing problems with my diarrhea and my crohn's . will this diminish with time or should I discontinue before I exacerbate my crohn's. I still take my prednisone which helps with asthma and crohn's. Trying to improve my a ...
More related studies for: Crohn's disease, Prostate cancer
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.