Review: could Crohn's disease cause Prostate cancer?
We study 61,502 people who have Crohn's disease from FDA and social media. Among them, 59 have Prostate cancer. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Crohn's disease and Prostate cancer >>>
Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract) (latest reports from 164,975 patients) can be treated by Humira, Remicade, Prednisone, Pentasa, Imuran, Asacol.
Prostate cancer (latest reports from 54,575 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, erection problems.
On Aug, 24, 2014: 61,490 people who have crohn's disease are studied. Among them, 59 (0.10%) have Prostate Cancer. They amount to 0.11% of all the 54,851 people who have Prostate Cancer on eHealthMe.
Age of people who have crohn's disease and experienced Prostate cancer * :
|Prostate cancer||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.41%||2.41%||24.10%||72.29% |
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (14 people, 23.73%)
- Diabetes mellitus (10 people, 16.95%)
- Hypothyroidism (10 people, 16.95%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (10 people, 16.95%)
- Blood pressure (10 people, 16.95%)
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (8 people, 13.56%)
- Cardiac disorder (8 people, 13.56%)
- Asthma (8 people, 13.56%)
- Depression (4 people, 6.78%)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (4 people, 6.78%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Remicade (59 people, 100.00%)
- Aspirin (28 people, 47.46%)
- Prednisone (27 people, 45.76%)
- Pentasa (26 people, 44.07%)
- Mesalamine (19 people, 32.20%)
- Nexium (17 people, 28.81%)
- Entocort ec (16 people, 27.12%)
- Humira (15 people, 25.42%)
- Actos (14 people, 23.73%)
- Cimzia (13 people, 22.03%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Prostate Cancer and Crohn's disease
- group for people who have Crohn's disease
- group for people who have Prostate Cancer
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 years ago):
melanie on Dec, 31, 2010:
i have wfw and i am a female of 36 years of age and am on remicade infusions for a.s and also have f.m.s
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Crohn's disease, Prostate cancer
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Caused by azathioprine
I started taking Azathioprine in 2003, and almost immediately started having very strange skin conditions, strange chronic rashes, etc. I also developed strange, tiny bumps on my palms and soles of my feet; which are extremely prominent after exposure to water. My father started taking this drug as ...
- Allopurinol for 6-mp metabolism to 6-tgn
I began taking Allopurinol 100mg to help metabolize the Purinethol I have been taking for 6 years for Crohn's disease after a blood test revealed my 6-MMP metabolites were too high and 6-TG were too low. Several published studies show Allopurinol to be helpful for "non-preferential metabolizers" lik ...
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
More reviews for: Crohn's disease, Prostate cancer
Common treatments for Crohn's Disease and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Crohn's disease symptoms:
- Granulomatous Ileocolitis in Crohn's disease (7,073 reports)
- Frequent Bowel Movements in Crohn's disease (3,665 reports)
- Pain - Abdomen in Crohn's disease (3,357 reports)
- Fever in Crohn's disease (3,132 reports)
- Injection Site Pain in Crohn's disease (2,980 reports)
- Drug Ineffective in Crohn's disease (2,926 reports)
- Nausea in Crohn's disease (2,855 reports)
- Exhaustion in Crohn's disease (2,834 reports)
- Skin Redness Or Inflammation in Crohn's disease (2,762 reports)
- Bone And Joint Pain in Crohn's disease (2,501 reports)
Prostate Cancer related symptom studies:
Crohn's Disease is also known as: Crohns, Crohns Disease, Granulomatous ileocolitis, Ileitis, Inflammatory bowel disease - Crohn's disease, Regional enteritis.
Prostate Cancer is also known as: Cancer - prostate.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.