Home > Crohn's disease > Renal failure > Crohn's disease and Renal failure
Review: could Crohn's disease cause Renal failure (Acute kidney failure)?
We study 61,520 people who have Crohn's disease from FDA and social media. Among them, 316 have Renal failure (Acute kidney failure). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Crohn's disease and Renal failure >>>
Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract) (latest reports from 158,214 patients) can be treated by Humira, Remicade, Pentasa, Prednisone, Mercaptopurine, Entocort Ec.
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) (latest reports from 427,622 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, multiple myeloma, pain.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 61,520 people who have crohn's disease are studied. Among them, 316 (0.51%) have Renal Failure.
Gender of people who have crohn's disease and experienced Renal failure * :
|Renal failure||38.81%||61.19% |
Age of people who have crohn's disease and experienced Renal failure * :
|Renal failure||0.00%||0.00%||7.24%||5.01%||14.48%||16.71%||17.55%||39.28% |
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Pain (64 people, 20.25%)
- Depression (30 people, 9.49%)
- Hypertension (19 people, 6.01%)
- Insomnia (13 people, 4.11%)
- Vitamin supplementation (12 people, 3.80%)
- Prophylaxis (12 people, 3.80%)
- Osteoporosis (9 people, 2.85%)
- Dizziness (8 people, 2.53%)
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (8 people, 2.53%)
- Muscle spasms (8 people, 2.53%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Remicade (316 people, 100.00%)
- Humira (140 people, 44.30%)
- Prednisone (83 people, 26.27%)
- Mesalamine (73 people, 23.10%)
- Azathioprine (66 people, 20.89%)
- Imuran (63 people, 19.94%)
- Mercaptopurine (55 people, 17.41%)
- Protonix (47 people, 14.87%)
- Allopurinol (43 people, 13.61%)
- Pentasa (38 people, 12.03%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Crohn's Disease and Renal Failure?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Renal Failure and Crohn's disease
- support group for people who have Crohn's disease
- support group for people who have Renal Failure
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Crohn's disease, Renal failure
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Caused by azathioprine
I started taking Azathioprine in 2003, and almost immediately started having very strange skin conditions, strange chronic rashes, etc. I also developed strange, tiny bumps on my palms and soles of my feet; which are extremely prominent after exposure to water. My father started taking this drug as ...
- Allopurinol for 6-mp metabolism to 6-tgn
I began taking Allopurinol 100mg to help metabolize the Purinethol I have been taking for 6 years for Crohn's disease after a blood test revealed my 6-MMP metabolites were too high and 6-TG were too low. Several published studies show Allopurinol to be helpful for "non-preferential metabolizers" lik ...
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
More reviews for: Crohn's disease, Renal failure
Common treatments for Crohn's Disease and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Crohn's disease symptoms:
- Granulomatous Ileocolitis in Crohn's disease (7,075 reports)
- Frequent Bowel Movements in Crohn's disease (3,665 reports)
- Stomach Pain in Crohn's disease (3,357 reports)
- Body Overheating in Crohn's disease (3,132 reports)
- Injection Site Pain in Crohn's disease (2,980 reports)
- Drug Not Working in Crohn's disease (2,926 reports)
- Nausea in Crohn's disease (2,855 reports)
- Weariness in Crohn's disease (2,835 reports)
- Rashes in Crohn's disease (2,762 reports)
- Bone And Joint Pain in Crohn's disease (2,502 reports)
Renal Failure related symptom studies:
- Renal Failure in Blood pressure (3,712 reports)
- Renal Failure in Cardiac operation (1,149 reports)
- Renal Failure in Coronary artery bypass (3,132 reports)
- Renal Failure in Diabetes mellitus (2,101 reports)
- Renal Failure in Hypercholesterolaemia (1,910 reports)
- Renal Failure in Hypertension (3,931 reports)
- Renal Failure in Multiple myeloma (1,984 reports)
- Renal Failure in Osteoporosis (1,228 reports)
- Renal Failure in Pain (1,553 reports)
- Renal Failure in Ra (1,368 reports)
Related drug studies for: Crohn's disease, Renal failure
Recent Crohn's Disease related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Crohn's disease, Renal failure
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.