Home > Crohn's disease > Renal failure > Crohn's disease and Renal failure
Would you have Renal failure (Acute kidney failure) when you have Crohn's disease?
Summary: Renal failure is found among people with Crohn's disease, especially people who are male, 60+ old, also have Pain, and take medication Remicade.
We study 306 people who have Renal failure (Acute kidney failure) and Crohn's disease from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Crohn's disease and Renal failure >>>
Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract) (latest reports from 158,407 patients) can be treated by Humira, Remicade, Pentasa, Prednisone, Asacol, Mercaptopurine.
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) (latest reports from 434,588 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, multiple myeloma, pain.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 61,520 people who have crohn's disease are studied. Among them, 316 (0.51%) have Renal Failure.
Gender of people who have crohn's disease and experienced Renal failure * :
|Renal failure||38.81%||61.19% |
Age of people who have crohn's disease and experienced Renal failure * :
|Renal failure||0.00%||0.00%||7.24%||5.01%||14.48%||16.71%||17.55%||39.28% |
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Pain (64 people, 20.25%)
- Depression (30 people, 9.49%)
- Hypertension (19 people, 6.01%)
- Insomnia (13 people, 4.11%)
- Vitamin supplementation (12 people, 3.80%)
- Prophylaxis (12 people, 3.80%)
- Osteoporosis (9 people, 2.85%)
- Dizziness (8 people, 2.53%)
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (8 people, 2.53%)
- Muscle spasms (8 people, 2.53%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Remicade (316 people, 100.00%)
- Humira (140 people, 44.30%)
- Prednisone (83 people, 26.27%)
- Mesalamine (73 people, 23.10%)
- Azathioprine (66 people, 20.89%)
- Imuran (63 people, 19.94%)
- Mercaptopurine (55 people, 17.41%)
- Protonix (47 people, 14.87%)
- Allopurinol (43 people, 13.61%)
- Pentasa (38 people, 12.03%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Crohn's Disease and Renal Failure?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Renal Failure and Crohn's disease
- support group for people who have Crohn's disease
- support group for people who have Renal Failure
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone been diagnosed with hpv while taking cimzia
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Hpv, Crohn's Disease, and takes Cimzia)
i have been taking cimzia for about 1yr all of a sudden 1 day i have a crazy burning throat and blisters in my mouth only to find i have hpv have not been sexully active for 5 yrs....my dr insist i keep getting my injections but my other physcians say no....o confused and irritated
- I have been in remission of dermatamyositus since 16yrs old i'm 37 now however i've since been diagnosed with chrones disease and psoritic arthritis, all immune diseases, is this a coincidence??
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Psoriatic Arthritis, Crohn's Disease, Dermatomyositis)
I've had dermatamyiositus since I was 5 went into remission at 16, I've always been ill over the years but I've more recently been diagnosed with Crohn's disease and psoritic arthritis, from what I can tell all these diseases are immune diseases, is this an unlucky coincidence?? Or is my immune syst ...
- Creatinine rising on crestor & causing kidney failure
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Kidney Failure, and takes Crestor)
Husband been on Crestor for 3 years...Creatinine been increasing and he already is a diabetic and been watching his kidney function. Everything I read online points to the Crestor causing Kidney Failure but the doctors REFUSE to listen too us and now he is heading toward dialysis or a Kidney Transpl ...
- Does cyclosporin cause infertility/ lack of libido in women
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Crohn's Disease, and takes Cyclosporine)
have been on cyclosporine for 7 years and have noticed a decrease in libido and also wondering if this medication is going to affect my fertility as i'm only 29.
- What stage is my melanoma?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Recurring Subcutaneous Melanoma, Crohn's Disease, and takes Cholestyramine)
I was originally diagnosed in 2010 with nodular melanoma, Clarke level IV, and summer 2013 a subcutaneous tumour was removed from near the site of the original melanoma. CT showed no evidence of disease to organs. Medical oncologist said I was cancer free, skin oncologist told me that 50/100 peopl ...
More questions for: Crohn's disease, Renal failure
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Caused by azathioprine
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Crohn's Disease, and takes Azathioprine)
I started taking Azathioprine in 2003, and almost immediately started having very strange skin conditions, strange chronic rashes, etc. I also developed strange, tiny bumps on my palms and soles of my feet; which are extremely prominent after exposure to water. My father started taking this drug as ...
- Allopurinol for 6-mp metabolism to 6-tgn
(Posted by a 30 year old woman who has Crohn's Disease, and takes Allopurinol, Purinethol)
I began taking Allopurinol 100mg to help metabolize the Purinethol I have been taking for 6 years for Crohn's disease after a blood test revealed my 6-MMP metabolites were too high and 6-TG were too low. Several published studies show Allopurinol to be helpful for "non-preferential metabolizers" lik ...
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Incontinence - Urinary, Pedophilia, Nightmares, Acute Kidney Failure, and takes Effexor)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Thyroid Disorder, Ulcer - Stomach, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Intestinal Resection, Diverticulitis, Crohn's Disease, and takes Vitamin D, Synthroid, Prilosec Otc, Pravastatin Sodium, Asacol Hd)
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
More reviews for: Crohn's disease, Renal failure
- A study of drug interactions between Mucinex D, Mobic, Gotu Kola, Humira, Levothyroxine Sodium, Singulair for a patient with Sinusitis, Joint Pain, Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Crohns, Hypothyroidism, Sinus Polyp. The patient has Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Swelling Of A Joint
Comments: the joint pain isn't as bad as the swelling!!! its been random & moves from joint to joint...my hands & fingers more severe...ive never had these symptoms before!! my doctor has run RA panels, MS panels etc...waiting on results!! started me on Mobic.....absolutely cant tell ive taken anything...no s ...
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of drug interactions between Tekturna Hct, Lyrica for a patient with Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Crohn's Disease, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Gabapentin
Comments: have been on tekturna hct for four years. Helped my blood pressure but all of a sudden serious side effects such as 1. gall bladder removel, crohns, gout flairs, neuropathy, all arthritis such as austioarthritis, plus all arthritis. cateracts possibly glaucoma, fibromyalgia, angioedema and perophi ...
- A study of drug interactions between Solu-medrol, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Pneumonia. The patient has Renal Failure
Comments: My kindeys worked before the week in the hospital in September 2012, thenafter a week of these drugs that gave be diabetes, needed heparin and insulin, my 24 hr urine spilled over 34,000 units and have been going downhill since. Hospitalized again in October in respiratory failure, BP out of contro ...
More related studies for: Crohn's disease, Renal failure
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.