Home > Cystic fibrosis > Dysphonia > Cystic fibrosis and Dysphonia
Review: could Cystic fibrosis cause Dysphonia (Hoarseness or changing voice)?
We study 1,292 people who have Cystic fibrosis from FDA and social media. Among them, 25 have Dysphonia (Hoarseness or changing voice). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Cystic fibrosis and Dysphonia >>>
Cystic fibrosis (disease of the secretary glands) (latest reports from 1,977 patients)
Dysphonia (speech disorder attributable to a disorder of phonation) (latest reports from 92,636 patients) has been reported by people with asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Aug, 27, 2014: 1,292 people who have cystic fibrosis are studied. Among them, 25 (1.93%) have Dysphonia. They amount to 0.03% of all the 92,568 people who have Dysphonia on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have cystic fibrosis and experienced Dysphonia * :
Age of people who have cystic fibrosis and experienced Dysphonia * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Pain (5 people, 20.00%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (3 people, 12.00%)
- Pancreatic insufficiency (3 people, 12.00%)
- Lung disorder (3 people, 12.00%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Tobi (19 people, 76.00%)
- Pulmozyme (15 people, 60.00%)
- Albuterol (8 people, 32.00%)
- Creon (8 people, 32.00%)
- Omeprazole (6 people, 24.00%)
- Singulair (5 people, 20.00%)
- Spiriva (5 people, 20.00%)
- Morphine (4 people, 16.00%)
- Zofran (4 people, 16.00%)
- Lortab (3 people, 12.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cystic Fibrosis and Dysphonia?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Dysphonia and Cystic fibrosis
- group for people who have Cystic fibrosis
- group for people who have Dysphonia
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
male 89 with atral fibrillation, After years of being on Amioderone, my doctor took me off after complaining of not feeling right with no energy. Seems that medication stopped working. Now on above mentioned medications and feel worse. Up until about 3 years ago, I have not been able to be active like i was before. Would Like to know if medications are causing all these symptoms.
From this study (4 months ago):
I feel like I have a lump in my throat. Sometimes I feel like I cannot even swallow saliva. Shallow breathing & cough but no lung disease.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Does plavix hoarseness lessen or recede?
I started taking Plavix prior to a stent placement one week ago. After two or three days I developed a hoarseness and voice interference.
- How can i cure groinn and testicular pain
I awoke suddenly in the middle of the night to urinate. Had intense groin pain could hardly lift my legs to walk. Intense pain went away in a few hours but now have lingeriing testicular and groin pain lasting 3 months.
More questions for: Cystic fibrosis, Dysphonia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Hoarseness of voice with dulera
About 1 week after starting Dulera my voice changed (hoarse) and I cannot get the volume I used to have enough that my wife noticed. I switched from Advair that had the same affect in hope that it would be better. It is slightly better than with Advair, but not by much.
More reviews for: Cystic fibrosis, Dysphonia
Common treatments for Cystic Fibrosis and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Cystic fibrosis symptoms:
Dysphonia related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Aspirin And Dipyridamole, Aspirin, Alprazolam, Gabapentin, Guanfacine Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Abilify, Baclofen, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 64-year old man who has Headache, Blood Thinner, Anxiety Disorder, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chloresterol, Depression, Thyroid Disorder (53 minutes ago)
- Benadryl for a 26-year old woman who has Allergies (1 hour ago)
- Curcumin, Borage Oil, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Folic Acid, Amlodipine Besylate, Humira, Methotrexate, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 60-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Atrial Fibrillation and Thyroxine Increased
- Itching and Hypertension
- Xarelto and Constipation
- Phentermine and Overactive Thyroid
- Orencia and Stiff Neck
Recent user comments
- "Esophagitis gastritis for years, scope every five yea ... " (2 hours ago)
- "hypertension difficult to control; toprol augmented w ... " (3 hours ago)
- "i have night chest tightness,,, cough,, seeded medica ... " (4 hours ago)
- Semen Volume Increased
- Moxifloxacin Hydrochloride
- Baked Beans