Would you have Muscle spasms when you have Deep vein thrombosis?
Summary: Muscle spasms is found among people with Deep vein thrombosis, especially people who are female, 30-39 old, also have Pulmonary embolism, and take medication Coumadin.
We study 31 people who have Muscle spasms and Deep vein thrombosis from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Deep vein thrombosis and Muscle spasms >>>
Deep vein thrombosis
Deep vein thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis) can be treated by Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin, Lovenox, Xarelto, Arixtra, Aspirin. (latest reports from Deep Vein Thrombosis 42,666 patients)
Muscle spasms (muscle contraction) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain.(latest reports from Muscle spasms 55,745 patients)
On Dec, 1, 2014: 31 people who have deep vein thrombosis and Muscle Spasms are studied.
Gender of people who have deep vein thrombosis and experienced Muscle spasms * :
|Muscle spasms||81.82%||18.18% |
Age of people who have deep vein thrombosis and experienced Muscle spasms * :
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||10.00%||20.00%||33.33%||3.33%||33.33% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Pulmonary embolism (10 people, 32.26%)
- Multiple sclerosis (5 people, 16.13%)
- Depression (4 people, 12.90%)
- Neurogenic bladder (3 people, 9.68%)
- Restless legs syndrome (3 people, 9.68%)
- Prophylaxis (2 people, 6.45%)
- Thrombophlebitis (2 people, 6.45%)
- Menstruation irregular (2 people, 6.45%)
- Contraception (2 people, 6.45%)
- Urinary tract infection (2 people, 6.45%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Coumadin (18 people, 58.06%)
- Lovenox (7 people, 22.58%)
- Warfarin sodium (6 people, 19.35%)
- Aspirin (6 people, 19.35%)
- Vitamin d (5 people, 16.13%)
- Albuterol (5 people, 16.13%)
- Synthroid (5 people, 16.13%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (4 people, 12.90%)
- Nuvaring (4 people, 12.90%)
- Prilosec (4 people, 12.90%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Deep Vein Thrombosis and Muscle Spasms?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Muscle Spasms and Deep vein thrombosis
- support group for people who have Deep vein thrombosis
- support group for people who have Muscle Spasms
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can warfarin cause a weak fingerprint
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has DVT, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
I had a deep vein thrombosis 3month's ago the doctor put me on warfarin the other day I have to go and renew my drivers licence and find out that my fingerprints is to weak. can the warfarin cause this problem
- Safety of nattokinase
(Asked by a 85 year old man who has Bleeding 4 Attacks, DVT, and takes Allopurinol, Warfarin Sodium)
tooth removed needed 5 f red blood cells and 4 of plasma
- Is plavix safe to take for deep veiw thrombois
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Deep Vein Thrombosis, and takes Plavix)
I still end up with a blood clot to right leg I started up on lovenox for about10 years or more I was switched because I was told it was cheaper
- Effects of moringa on warfarin
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Dvt, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
I am taking 11mg warfarin and find I have no energy. I am thinking of taking moringa, will this affect the warfarin?
- Treatment for a dvt in person with lung cancer
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, DVT, and takes Dexamethasone, Methadone Hydrochloride, Reglan, Klonopin, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Vitamin D)
Have contracted a large painful DVT in groin thru calf. Hospicis doctor will only administer Aspirin 325 mg. what I have researched does this not address dissolving clot. Hospicis doctor told me the tumor lung cancer was more likely to bleed with treatment to dissolve clot. She was negative and said ...
More questions for: Deep vein thrombosis, Muscle spasms
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Rigors with pulmonary embolism (2 responses)
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Deep Vein Thrombosis, Pulmonary Embolism)
I was recently diagnosed with DVT in my right lower leg and pulmonary embolism and hospitalized. .I am now on Warfarin.A week earlier, I experienced severe chills ( rigors) and pain in my right lung.I ignored it as a " virus".As it turns out, I was actually having a pulmonary embolism .If anyone h ...
More reviews for: Deep vein thrombosis, Muscle spasms
- A study of side effects of Xarelto for a patient with DVT. The patient has Brain Tumor - Adults
Comments: Just need to share my experience. I had foot surgery in 6/14, next week developed clot in calf. I was put on Xarelto and began having headaches constantly, some minor some severe but always there. I was not the type to have headaches so I constantly told every doctor I saw the next three months abou ...
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a patient with DVT. The patient has Urination - Excessive At Night, Weight Loss
Comments: Since retiring from work three and a half months ago I have lost 10-11 lbs in weight. I put this down to eating more healthily at home and taking more exercise but I'm still losing weight. I take warfarin every day because of DVTs. My brother has type 2 diabetes.
- A study of drug interactions between Zolpidem, Keppra, Prilosec, Nucynta, Savella for a patient with Insomnia, Epilepsy, Heartburn, Migraine, Neuropathy - Peripheral. The patient has Abdominal Pain Lower, Muscle Sprain, Muscle Spasms, Low Back Pain
Comments: Onset of symptoms started on third day of Savella Titration pack. Immediately stopped medicine (had the 3rd day am dose) by midday spasms and back pain severe, by 6pm unable to walk due to extreme pain. Sent to ER, no response to pain medicine, finally muscle relaxer allowed me to walk again. Sent h ...
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 10, Ritalin, Bitter Orange, Ginseng, Panax, Caffeine Anhydrous, Losartan for a patient with Narcolepsy, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Muscle Spasms
Comments: ***comments for Modafinil only***
I do not mix my meds. I take only 1 med a day however it is prescribed. The Adderall and or Ritalin only last 3 or 4 hours and it's not worth taking. I've been on the natural supplements all my life and except for occasional kidney discomfort I have been thankful t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Vitamin D, Dvt. The patient has Dry Skin
Comments: this redness started just after starting warfarin. it looks like a mask (like the Lone Ranger) and is very dark red and dry to touch. It itches like dry skin does. I have been on the med for 3 months now.
More related studies for: Deep vein thrombosis, Muscle spasms
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.