Home > Dementia > Double vision > Dementia and Double vision
Would you have Double vision (Diplopia) when you have Dementia?
Summary: Double vision is reported only by a few people with Dementia.
We study 5 people who have Double vision (Diplopia) and Dementia from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Dementia and Double vision >>>
Dementia (madness) (latest reports from 12,421 patients) can be treated by Aricept, Namenda, Seroquel, Donepezil, Exelon, Donepezil Hydrochloride.
Double Vision (double vision) (latest reports from 12,223 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, depression, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Nov, 27, 2014: 5 people who have dementia and Double Vision are studied.
Gender of people who have dementia and experienced Double vision * :
|Double vision||60.00%||40.00% |
Age of people who have dementia and experienced Double vision * :
|Double vision||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Double vision||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Senile dementia (1 people, 20.00%)
- Osteoporosis (1 people, 20.00%)
- Coagulopathy (1 people, 20.00%)
- Intraocular pressure increased (1 people, 20.00%)
- Blood cholesterol (1 people, 20.00%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 20.00%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Namenda (5 people, 100.00%)
- Detrol (5 people, 100.00%)
- Aspirin (5 people, 100.00%)
- Prozac (5 people, 100.00%)
- Glipizide (5 people, 100.00%)
- Aricept (4 people, 80.00%)
- Tamoxifen citrate (4 people, 80.00%)
- Lisinopril (4 people, 80.00%)
- Plavix (4 people, 80.00%)
- Bextra (4 people, 80.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dementia and Double Vision?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Double Vision and Dementia
- support group for people who have Dementia
- support group for people who have Double Vision
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can rabied dog bite cause diplopia?
(Asked by a 58 year old man who has Diplopia)
My dog was in conatct with a rabid dog. Though it did not bite him, he had open wounds which i suspect may have been cause of the virus moving into body. He got 3 vaccinations after that incident.
Now, a month and a half after that incident, he has developed diplopia. He suffers from High blood p ...
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus & metoclopramide
(Asked by a 87 year old woman who has Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus, GERD, Dementia, Hypertension, Fractured Hip, Reflux Esophagitis, and takes Metoclopramide, Remeron, Lisinopril, Aricept, Oxycodone Hydrochloride)
My Mom while recovering from a hip fracture in a rehab center was given Metoclopramide for 2 days when she suddenly (about 2-3 hours after her dose of metoclopramide at lunch time) became completely disoriented,lethargic and could not speak. She could barely swallow, and could not drink liquids even ...
- Does aricept shorten life expectancy? i am a 61 year old women with mild dementia.
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Dementia, and takes Aricept)
I have rcently been diagnosed with mild dementia and have been started on a low dose of aricept (25 mg daily). Will it shorten my life expectancy at all? Is there any research?
- Aricept back pain severe
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Knee Pain, Dementia, Back Pain, Spinal Stenosis, Arthritis, and takes Aricept)
Both the neurologist and internist agreed on giving me aricept. I began with 5 mg about 4/17/13 and went up to 10 mg one month later. I've had excruciating back pains for the past 2 months & never thought it could be from the aricept. I had cortisone injections into my lower back on 6/18/13, which h ...
- Could diplopia caused y botox lasts more than 5 months?
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Diplopia, and takes Botox Cosmetic)
The night that I had botox injected I noticed a double vision incident. It went away until 3 months after, now is back and permanent. I have gone through different tests (MRI's, CTs of the oritals, blood tests, etc) to rule out other diseases...all negative. So, we still think is a botox effect. The ...
More questions for: Dementia, Double vision
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Double vision on levothyroxine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Stiffness, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Itching, Allergy To Food, Allergy To Chemicals, Fatigue - Chronic, Confusional State, Hair Loss, Double Vision, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Lumigan and double vision
(Posted by a 71 year old man who has Double Vision, and takes Lumigan)
my vision was good before I took lumigan since taking the drug I have developed partial double vision ,I can only think it has a connection .My doctor tells me that's not possible.
More reviews for: Dementia, Double vision
- A study of side effects of Lamotrigine for a patient with Seizure - Grand Mal. The patient has Double Vision (double vision)
Comments: have incidents with double vision..
Has happened on more than one occasion the longest lasting 5 hours.
I had an AVM removed, afterward started haveing seizures and lamotragine was prescribed to help with seizures. I take 200mg twice a day.
- A study of drug interactions between Morphine Sulfate, Lisinopril, Diazepam, Abilify, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate for a patient with Pain In Limb, Hypertension, Anxiety And Stress, Major Depression, Chronic Depression, Adhd. The patient has Disorientation, Hand Shaking, Double Vision
Comments: I started taking bupropion for depression 6 mos ago. A month ago I added paroxetine. About 2 wks ago I started Abilify at 1 mg/day. Several days after starting Abilify I developed diplopia so severe I could hardly drive. I stopped the Abilify 6 days ago and the diplopia and disorientation has improv ...
- A study of drug interactions between Loratadine, Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen, Probiotic, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Multivitamin, Aspirin, Calcium Citrate, Meloxicam, Exelon, Nexium, Lantus, Novolog, Escitalopram, Lisinopril for a patient with Allergy To Plants, Cats/dogs Dander, Trees And Grasses, Chronic Pain, Intestinal Health Increase Healthy Bacteria Destroyed By Aspartame, Joint Stiffness, For Women Over 50, No Iron,need Lutein,etc., Preventative, Osteopenia, Stiffness In A Joint, Dementia, Acid Reflux, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Depression, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Chronic Pain, Osteoarthritis Aggravated, Dementia Due To Other General Medical Condition, Acid Reflux, Diabetes Mellitus Aggravated, Depression, High Blood Pressure
Comments: Diabetes Mellitus, insulin dependent for 53 years, brittle.
Chronic pain due to needing bone graph in femur/hip joint due to femur fracture 5 years ago which surgery did not properly repair--chronic bone deterioration in that left femur, lumbar spinal stenosis-awaiting surgery to L4/L5 slipped/rupt ...
- A study of side effects of Advair Diskus 250/50 for a patient with COPD. The patient has Diplopia (double vision)
Comments: used advair 4 months. diplopia confirmed by optometrist. Diplopia began when I started and ended when I quit. I have asthma, allergies, copd, and emphysema. In addition to advair, I have been taking combivent for past year and continue to do so. I do have astigmatisms and vision correctable to near ...
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a patient with Sinus Headache. The patient has Diplopia (double vision)
Comments: vision can be double or more. always vertical. Most noticeable as double, triple or quadruple vision when looking at thin horizontal lines like high wires. There is always space between thin items like wires. Otherwise more noticeable as very blurry for larger items in vision field.
More related studies for: Dementia, Double vision
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.