Would you have Double vision (Diplopia) when you have Dementia?
Summary: Double vision is reported only by a few people with Dementia.
We study 5 people who have Double vision (Diplopia) and Dementia from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Dementia and Double vision >>>
Dementia (madness) can be treated by Aricept, Namenda, Seroquel, Donepezil, Exelon, Donepezil Hydrochloride. (latest reports from Dementia 12,421 patients)
Double vision (double vision) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, depression, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from Double vision 12,223 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 5 people who have dementia and Double Vision are studied.
Gender of people who have dementia and experienced Double vision * :
|Double vision||60.00%||40.00% |
Age of people who have dementia and experienced Double vision * :
|Double vision||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Double vision||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Senile dementia (1 people, 20.00%)
- Osteoporosis (1 people, 20.00%)
- Coagulopathy (1 people, 20.00%)
- Intraocular pressure increased (1 people, 20.00%)
- Blood cholesterol (1 people, 20.00%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 20.00%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Namenda (5 people, 100.00%)
- Detrol (5 people, 100.00%)
- Aspirin (5 people, 100.00%)
- Prozac (5 people, 100.00%)
- Glipizide (5 people, 100.00%)
- Aricept (4 people, 80.00%)
- Tamoxifen citrate (4 people, 80.00%)
- Lisinopril (4 people, 80.00%)
- Plavix (4 people, 80.00%)
- Bextra (4 people, 80.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dementia and Double Vision?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Double Vision and Dementia
- support group for people who have Dementia
- support group for people who have Double Vision
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can rabied dog bite cause diplopia?
My dog was in conatct with a rabid dog. Though it did not bite him, he had open wounds which i suspect may have been cause of the virus moving into body. He got 3 vaccinations after that incident.
Now, a month and a half after that incident, he has developed diplopia. He suffers from High blood pressure and tests for multiple sclerosis is negative.
Can the diplopia be due to the contact with dog?
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus & metoclopramide (1 answer)
My Mom while recovering from a hip fracture in a rehab center was given Metoclopramide for 2 days when she suddenly (about 2-3 hours after her dose of metoclopramide at lunch time) became completely disoriented,lethargic and could not speak. She could barely swallow, and could not drink liquids even using a straw. Her legs/feet kept twitching and she kept raising her arms above her and repeatedly wiped her mouth every few minutes for more than an hour. I insisted that she be transported to the hospital. The E.R. staff ruled out stroke, and the next day an MRI was negative for stroke. I am wondering if the metoclopramide is at the root of her problem. She can speak slowly but her words are gibberish. Does this sound like a reaction to metoclopramide?
- Does aricept shorten life expectancy? i am a 61 year old women with mild dementia.
I have rcently been diagnosed with mild dementia and have been started on a low dose of aricept (25 mg daily). Will it shorten my life expectancy at all? Is there any research?
- Aricept back pain severe
Both the neurologist and internist agreed on giving me aricept. I began with 5 mg about 4/17/13 and went up to 10 mg one month later. I've had excruciating back pains for the past 2 months & never thought it could be from the aricept. I had cortisone injections into my lower back on 6/18/13, which helped for about 24 hours and now the pain is back. Really, the pain is throughout my body - shoulders, knees as well as my back. Today 6/30/13, I will begin omitting aricept to see if there is any improvement.
- Could diplopia caused y botox lasts more than 5 months?
The night that I had botox injected I noticed a double vision incident. It went away until 3 months after, now is back and permanent. I have gone through different tests (MRI's, CTs of the oritals, blood tests, etc) to rule out other diseases...all negative. So, we still think is a botox effect. The only question is..will it last?
More questions for: Dementia, Double vision
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Levothyrixine and have increased as my dose has been increased.
- Lumigan and double vision
my vision was good before I took lumigan since taking the drug I have developed partial double vision ,I can only think it has a connection .My doctor tells me that's not possible.
More reviews for: Dementia, Double vision
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- have incidents with double vision..
Has happened on more than one occasion the longest lasting 5 hours.
I had an AVM removed, afterward started haveing seizures and lamotragine was prescribed to help with seizures. I take 200mg twice a day.
- I started taking bupropion for depression 6 mos ago. A month ago I added paroxetine. About 2 wks ago I started Abilify at 1 mg/day. Several days after starting Abilify I developed diplopia so severe I could hardly drive. I stopped the Abilify 6 days ago and the diplopia and disorientation has improv ...
- Diabetes Mellitus, insulin dependent for 53 years, brittle.
Chronic pain due to needing bone graph in femur/hip joint due to femur fracture 5 years ago which surgery did not properly repair--chronic bone deterioration in that left femur, lumbar spinal stenosis-awaiting surgery to L4/L5 slipped/rupt ...
- used advair 4 months. diplopia confirmed by optometrist. Diplopia began when I started and ended when I quit. I have asthma, allergies, copd, and emphysema. In addition to advair, I have been taking combivent for past year and continue to do so. I do have astigmatisms and vision correctable to near ...
- vision can be double or more. always vertical. Most noticeable as double, triple or quadruple vision when looking at thin horizontal lines like high wires. There is always space between thin items like wires. Otherwise more noticeable as very blurry for larger items in vision field.
More related studies for: Dementia, Double vision
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.