Dementia and Double vision - from FDA reports
Double vision is found among people with Dementia, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Namenda and have Gait disturbance. This review analyzes which people have Double vision with Dementia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8 people who have Dementia from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 01, 2017
8 people who have Dementia and Double Vision are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dementia and experience Double Vision *:
- female: 85.71 %
- male: 14.29 %
Age of people who have Dementia and experience Double Vision *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Muscle Spasms (3 people, 37.50%)
- Gait Disturbance (3 people, 37.50%)
- Intraocular Pressure Increased (1 person, 12.50%)
- Inappropriate Affect (1 person, 12.50%)
- High Blood Pressure (1 person, 12.50%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Vitamin D3 (3 people, 37.50%)
- Vitamin B12 (3 people, 37.50%)
- Razadyne (3 people, 37.50%)
- Oxybutynin (3 people, 37.50%)
- Namenda (3 people, 37.50%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Vision Blurred (3 people, 37.50%)
- Urinary Tract Infection (2 people, 25.00%)
- Gait Disturbance (2 people, 25.00%)
- Central Nervous System Lesion (2 people, 25.00%)
- Lymphocyte Count Decreased (1 person, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Double vision and Dementia?
- Check symptoms - is your double vision caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDouble vision and Dementia from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Dementia (madness) can be treated by Aricept, Namenda, Donepezil, Seroquel, Exelon (latest reports from 20,158 Dementia patients)
Double vision has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, depression, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 18,350 Double vision patients).
Browse all symptoms of Dementiaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause Double visionDouble vision
Other conditions that could case Double visionDouble vision
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I'd be very grateful if anyone could help me find explanations / descriptions / summaries of overstimulating sensory effects in the frontotemporal dementia patient. I've been researching online but have seen nothing pertaining to FTD, though there are numerous examples of flooding in ADHD and ...
My husband is in the early stages of what is probably Lewy Body Dementia (he has had REM sleep disorder for several years and is starting to show Parkinsonian type muscle tremors, trouble swallowing, etc.). There are interesting studies out there about the potential mitigative impacts of ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I have been taking Diazepam for around 40 years 10 mg 3 times a week as a sleeping pill if I wake up in the middle of the night. I am now scared to death that I will get Dementia. I will be 74 yrs old in November. Any input from anyone ? I would greatly appreciate it.
I've had diplopia for fifteen years and had many tests that couldn't identify the problem it's taken me twenty years to get a diagnosis for my BPD previous GP's and doctors putting it down as depression. The antidepressants made me suicidal and I ended up dead on one occasion and multiple ...
Experiencing a lot of blurred, double vision issues. Exercise will bring it on, as well as, caffeine and some foods. I'm also having dizziness and balance issues. Resting a long time or a nap will improve the symptoms. Anyone else having this issue?
I just started getting double vision after starting to take vape oil with 9.5% THC. Any ideas if this is normal when starting to consume the medicine in a different form? I used to take it sublingual and never had any effect or high feelings at all