Review: could Dementia cause Nausea?
We study 4,744 people who have Dementia from FDA and social media. Among them, 201 have Nausea. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Stay connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Dementia and Nausea >>>
Dementia (latest reports from 45,711 patients) is typically treated by Aricept, Namenda, Seroquel, Donepezil, Exelon, Galantamine Hydrobromide.
Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit) (latest reports from 1,915,241 patients) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, quit smoking, depression, pain.
On Jul, 11, 2014: 4,743 people who have dementia are studied. Among them, 201 (4.24%) have Nausea. They amount to 0.01% of all the 1,914,609 people who have Nausea on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have dementia and experienced Nausea * :
Age of people who have dementia and experienced Nausea * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (49 people, 24.38%)
- Prostatic disorder (24 people, 11.94%)
- Cardiac disorder (22 people, 10.95%)
- Anxiety (19 people, 9.45%)
- Blood pressure abnormal (19 people, 9.45%)
- Nervous system disorder (18 people, 8.96%)
- Osteoporosis (16 people, 7.96%)
- Urine flow decreased (15 people, 7.46%)
- Amnesia (12 people, 5.97%)
- Parkinson's disease (11 people, 5.47%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Aricept (103 people, 51.24%)
- Exelon (69 people, 34.33%)
- Namenda (64 people, 31.84%)
- Furosemide (32 people, 15.92%)
- Potassium chloride (26 people, 12.94%)
- Zetia (26 people, 12.94%)
- Aspirin (25 people, 12.44%)
- Uroxatral (25 people, 12.44%)
- Alprazolam (24 people, 11.94%)
- Avodart (24 people, 11.94%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Nausea and Dementia
- group for people who have Dementia
Common treatments for Dementia and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (8 months ago):
Symptoms have been going on for three years. Doctor's have done MRI's, CT's, Ultrasounds, and several lab test. They have yet to find any cause for the nausea, vomiting and dizziness. Only thing they have not tried is discontinuing some of the medicine.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- What can i do about nausea from generic bactrim
I want to know what I can do to combat nausea from this drug
- Lamicta side effect nausa and vomiting after years of takin it for bi-polar
I been taking Lamictal for a couple of years. With no side effects. Presently I starter having nausea, and dry heaves ,
I went to the specialist they run test for stomach hernia, etc etc. they did not find any thing wrong. Today I noatice I experience nausea after taking Lamictal I experience ...
- Mucous in stools rolling std jab
Hi there, I was recently diagnosed with Balanitis, a small white ulcer has appeared on my foreskin caused by the trauma of the condition.
I went to the ER for the problem, worrying that it maybe and std, the nurse and doctor there told me to keep the ulcer clean and to keep strong soaps away fro ...
More questions for: Dementia, Nausea
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Seizure disorder med problems
Velafaxine 150 mg. 1 per day.
In process of switching from Topiramate 50 mg. 1 pill in morning & one at night (going off of this because of kidney stones) Was on this medication approximately 10 years.
Lamotrigine 2 25mg pills in morning and 2 - 25 mg. pills at night.
On the 3rd day of ...
- Clindamycin - vertigo and nausea
2 days in after starting on clendamycin for tooth infection I began having slight vertigo which steadily increased the next day. Nausea present with vomiting. I saw primary doc & I mentioned I was on this antibiotic which was told this could be the source of my problem and to stop taking medicine ...
- Trying to figure out my diagnosis . no doctor can figure it out
I have been having these fainting spells since I was 12 .. It starts with lower abdominal pain followed by feeling light headed then I black out and my body shakes kind of like a seizure but last a few seconds then I come to ..then I feel nausea and also I have chills
More reviews for: Dementia, Nausea
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.