Dementia and Nausea - from FDA reports
Nausea is found among people with Dementia, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Aricept and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Nausea with Dementia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 299 people who have Dementia from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
299 people who have Dementia and Nausea are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dementia and experience Nausea *:
- female: 62.41 %
- male: 37.59 %
Age of people who have Dementia and experience Nausea *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.84 %
- 50-59: 2.52 %
- 60+: 96.64 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (53 people, 17.73%)
- Osteoporosis (19 people, 6.35%)
- Prostatic Disorder (17 people, 5.69%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (17 people, 5.69%)
- Depression (16 people, 5.35%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Aricept (93 people, 31.10%)
- Exelon (78 people, 26.09%)
- Namenda (47 people, 15.72%)
- Furosemide (26 people, 8.70%)
- Lansoprazole (24 people, 8.03%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Nausea And Vomiting (139 people, 46.49%)
- Dizziness (90 people, 30.10%)
- Malaise (60 people, 20.07%)
- Diarrhea (60 people, 20.07%)
- Headache (44 people, 14.72%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Nausea and Dementia?
- Check symptoms - is your nausea caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeNausea and Dementia from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Dementia (madness) can be treated by Aricept, Namenda, Donepezil, Seroquel, Exelon (latest reports from 20,157 Dementia patients)
Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 473,248 Nausea patients).
Browse all symptoms of Dementiaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause NauseaNausea
Other conditions that could case NauseaNausea
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I'd be very grateful if anyone could help me find explanations / descriptions / summaries of overstimulating sensory effects in the frontotemporal dementia patient. I've been researching online but have seen nothing pertaining to FTD, though there are numerous examples of flooding in ADHD and ...
My husband is in the early stages of what is probably Lewy Body Dementia (he has had REM sleep disorder for several years and is starting to show Parkinsonian type muscle tremors, trouble swallowing, etc.). There are interesting studies out there about the potential mitigative impacts of ...
You may be interested in these reviews
After 1 week on atenolo I started feeling bad. After 3 weeks I thought I was going to pass out and was nauseous and lightheaded. I stopped taking the atenolol and ended up in emergency with bp of 180/115 and terrible symptoms like tight chest, anxiety, internal shaking, massive nausea, ...
I just found out a few weeks ago, that I have severe chronic interstitial lung diasese. Peter to that, for months I was nauseous , super tired & glued to my bed. Well the nausea has got worst & I need someone's help. Thanks Don
Only took ventilin for two days and spent evening of 2nd day and full 3rd day lying down with nausea... luckily I only needed for viral recovery. Must use something else if i ever have to use again...