Home > Depression > Mania > Depression and Mania
Review: could Depression cause Mania?
We study 148,512 people who have Depression from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,089 have Mania. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Depression and Mania >>>
Depression (latest reports from 1,155,565 patients) can be treated by Zoloft, Cymbalta, Prozac, Lexapro, Celexa, Wellbutrin Xl.
Mania (a state of abnormally elevated or irritable mood) (latest reports from 53,341 patients) has been reported by people with bipolar disorder, depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, bipolar i disorder.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 148,512 people who have depression are studied. Among them, 1,089 (0.73%) have Mania.
Gender of people who have depression and experienced Mania * :
Age of people who have depression and experienced Mania * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (169 people, 15.52%)
- Anxiety (148 people, 13.59%)
- Sleep disorder (62 people, 5.69%)
- Hypertension (59 people, 5.42%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (55 people, 5.05%)
- Psychotic disorder (46 people, 4.22%)
- Insomnia (45 people, 4.13%)
- Restless legs syndrome (44 people, 4.04%)
- Sedation (41 people, 3.76%)
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (38 people, 3.49%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Paxil (262 people, 24.06%)
- Lexapro (165 people, 15.15%)
- Zoloft (152 people, 13.96%)
- Prozac (147 people, 13.50%)
- Wellbutrin (116 people, 10.65%)
- Seroquel (116 people, 10.65%)
- Lamictal (99 people, 9.09%)
- Effexor (90 people, 8.26%)
- Mirtazapine (88 people, 8.08%)
- Depakote (86 people, 7.90%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Depression and Mania?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Mania and Depression
- support group for people who have Depression
- support group for people who have Mania
Comments from related studies:
From this study (7 months ago):
I took Sertraline I am 110 pounds, the doctor started me out on 25 mg and kicked me up to 100 mg, I became manic badly and now I am off for one year and I feel they have messed up my mind, I can no longer concentrate or function properly, I am depressed and went to another doctor who just started me on Latuda, hopefully with better results.Can Sertraline do this damage to people???
From this study (5 years ago):
sometimes i wonder if all these just counter act eachother.. if my other health problems are induced due to all the meds.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on A ...
- Why would doctor prescribe meclizine when otc med available? stronger?
Gastric bypass. After years found should not be prescribed extended release medications-- they do not work because stomach (duodenum) releases enzymes and acids to release XR. Suffer from GAD, MAD, PTSD, ADHD, Insomnia. I've driven away my best friend-- I'm tired of life-- alone.
- Did you take wellbutrin while breastfeeding? if so, do your children have memory problems?
I'm noticing more and more that my children don't remember what they learned. IT started with learning to read. MY daughter would forget a word I told her in the line above, when reading it again in the next sentence! Now she forgets what she learned in math. I'm wondering if it has something to ...
More questions for: Depression, Mania
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Yaz was the cause of increasing my pmdd, pms, irritability and depression symptoms
I had taken Ortho Novum 777 from the age of 18 to 28 stopping in-between pregnancies. I had 3 children between the ages of 21 and 29.
In my early 30's I decided to stop taking birth control pills simply because I 'thought' it would be a healthier thing to do for my body. I did know that unless I ...
- How saphris causedmy husbands death
My husband was given saphris to treat bipolar disorder in June, 2010. After taking it for two weeks,the dosage was increased. On July 29, 2010, he started having hallucinations and before I could get help (we lived in rural area), he committed suicide.
- Bpd and insomnia with abilify and cymbalta
I am currently in recovery from BPD, but still have some traits. I also suffer from depression. I suffer with insomnia also. I have noticed that if I forget to take my meds, I have a higher chance of not sleeping that night.
More reviews for: Depression, Mania
Common treatments for Depression and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Depression symptoms:
- Stress And Anxiety in Depression (10,130 reports)
- Nausea in Depression (9,347 reports)
- Dizziness in Depression (8,674 reports)
- Fatigue in Depression (8,177 reports)
- Drug Ineffective in Depression (8,132 reports)
- Insomnia in Depression (7,911 reports)
- Headaches in Depression (7,765 reports)
- Suicidal Thoughts in Depression (6,397 reports)
- Drug Exposure During Pregnancy in Depression (5,315 reports)
- Blood Pressure Increased in Depression (5,179 reports)
Mania related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (15 minutes ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (39 minutes ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (52 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
- Escitalopram and Burning Sensation
- Burning Sensation and Depression
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (5 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (8 hours ago)
- Disturbance In Sexual Arousal
- Stools Pale Or Clay Colored