Review: could Diabetes mellitus cause Vertigo?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 28, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.3/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 89,124 people who have Diabetes mellitus. Among them, 2,897 experience Vertigo (Dizziness). See who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Diabetes mellitus (latest reports from 380,538 patients) are typically treated by Metformin Hydrochloride, Metformin, Lantus, Januvia, Glipizide, Glucophage.
Vertigo (latest reports from 1,268,783 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain.
On Feb, 28, 2014: 89,101 people who have diabetes mellitus are studied. Among them, 2,897 (3.25%) have Vertigo.
Gender of people who have diabetes mellitus and experienced Vertigo * :
Age of people who have diabetes mellitus and experienced Vertigo * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (1,080 people, 37.28%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (308 people, 10.63%)
- Depression (294 people, 10.15%)
- Pain (173 people, 5.97%)
- Osteoporosis (165 people, 5.70%)
- Cardiac disorder (148 people, 5.11%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (147 people, 5.07%)
- Hypothyroidism (147 people, 5.07%)
- Blood cholesterol (135 people, 4.66%)
- Prophylaxis (116 people, 4.00%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Aspirin (755 people, 26.06%)
- Humalog (637 people, 21.99%)
- Lantus (563 people, 19.43%)
- Humulin n (432 people, 14.91%)
- Insulin (411 people, 14.19%)
- Humulin r (384 people, 13.26%)
- Lipitor (371 people, 12.81%)
- Metformin (363 people, 12.53%)
- Lisinopril (332 people, 11.46%)
- Actos (323 people, 11.15%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Diabetes mellitus, Vertigo
You can also:
Common treatments for Diabetes Mellitus and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Browse all Diabetes mellitus symptoms from A to Z:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 months ago):
I just started taking Synthroid (.25). It was increased in June (.50). Since the increased, I have experienced high blood pressure, excessive sweating, irregular heart beat, nausea).
From this study (1 year ago):
Light headed and coordination problems together with pressure sensation in head
From this study (1 year ago):
Dizziness is not vertigo and strictly not dizziness but a sort of giddiness. It does affect balance and coordination. Headache is a pressure sensation.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Diabetes mellitus, Vertigo
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
- Can crestor cause vertigo?
I started taking Crestor in May of 2011. I had my first big "episode" in June.
Severe vertigo, loss of balance, slurred speech, fatigue, loss for words, tingling, numbness, pressure in back of head...
Didn't have all at once, but went to hospital via ambulance twice. Was first given 1000 mg of kep ...
More reviews for: Diabetes mellitus, Vertigo
Recent related drug studies on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Atenolol, Hydrochlorothiazide, Atorvastatin Calcium, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Diabetes Mellitus, Ostopenia, Menopause, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Dizziness, Constipation, Intolerance To Heat (Heat intolerance), High Blood Pressure, Profuse Sweating, Afib
- A study of drug interactions between Avapro, Metformin Hydrochloride, Byetta, Gliclazide, Crestor, Rabeprazole Sodium, Premarin, Aspirin for a patient with Diabetes Mellitus Management, Reflux Gastritis, Hrt. The patient has Dizziness, Headache Nos, Weakness
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Tamsulosin Hydrochloride, Viibryd, Crestor, Warfarin Sodium, Januvia, Fish Oil, Iron EDTA, Vitamin D, Meclizine Hydrochloride for a patient with Hypertension, Depression Suicidal, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Clot In The Legs, Diabetes Mellitus, Nephropathy - Iga, Anemia, Meniere's Disease. The patient has Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Glucophage Xr, Glipizide, Lisinopril, Lipitor, Synthroid, Flonase for a patient with Diabetes Mellitus, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Hypothyroidism, Allergies. The patient has Double Vision (Diplopia), Vertigo (Dizziness), Walk Unsteadily, Eye Floaters
- A study of drug interactions between Novolog, Lisinopril for a patient with Diabetes, Blood Pressure. The patient has Lightheadedness (Dizziness)
- A study of drug interactions between Vyvanse, Cymbalta, Ambien, Humalog, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Soma for a patient with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Pain - Leg, Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Diabetes Mellitus, Pain In Extremity, Muscle Pain. The patient has Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Warfarin Sodium, Lovastatin, Januvia, Glyburide, Metformin Hydrochloride - 500MG for a patient with Hypertension, Atrial Flutter, Hypercholesterolemia, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Diabetes Mellitus Management. The patient has Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Coreg, Levothroid, Plavix, Digoxin, Lasix, Insulin, Humalog, Aspirin, Advil, Tylenol, Ramipril for a patient with Cardiomyopathy, Thyroid Disorder, Stent Placement, Diuretic Effect, Diabetes Mellitus, Pain Management, Arthritis, Hypertension. The patient has Dizziness, Bleeding Time Prolonged
- A study of drug interactions between Levoxyl, Toprol-xl, Spironolactone, Glipizide, Allopurinol, Warfarin Sodium, Lisinopril, Simvastatin, Lanoxin for a patient with Thyroid Atrophy, Heart Bypass Surgery, Diabetes, Gouty Arthritis, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Aggrenox for a patient with Diabetes, Blood Pressure - High, Stroke. The patient has Dizziness, Weakness
More related studies for: Diabetes mellitus, Vertigo
Recent Diabetes Mellitus related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Diabetes mellitus, Vertigo
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.