Review: could Diabetes mellitus cause Vertigo (Dizziness)?
We study 89,369 people who have Diabetes mellitus from FDA and social media. Among them, 3,092 have Vertigo (Dizziness). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Diabetes mellitus and Vertigo >>>
Diabetes mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin) (latest reports from 383,836 patients) can be treated by Metformin Hydrochloride, Metformin, Lantus, Januvia, Glyburide, Glipizide.
Vertigo (latest reports from 1,295,398 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 89,369 people who have diabetes mellitus are studied. Among them, 3,092 (3.46%) have Vertigo.
Gender of people who have diabetes mellitus and experienced Vertigo * :
Age of people who have diabetes mellitus and experienced Vertigo * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (1,134 people, 36.68%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (314 people, 10.16%)
- Depression (302 people, 9.77%)
- Pain (188 people, 6.08%)
- Hypothyroidism (174 people, 5.63%)
- Osteoporosis (169 people, 5.47%)
- Cardiac disorder (152 people, 4.92%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (151 people, 4.88%)
- Blood cholesterol (137 people, 4.43%)
- Prophylaxis (116 people, 3.75%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Aspirin (787 people, 25.45%)
- Humalog (647 people, 20.92%)
- Lantus (583 people, 18.86%)
- Humulin n (432 people, 13.97%)
- Insulin (419 people, 13.55%)
- Humulin r (384 people, 12.42%)
- Lipitor (378 people, 12.23%)
- Metformin (377 people, 12.19%)
- Avandia (347 people, 11.22%)
- Lisinopril (342 people, 11.06%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diabetes Mellitus and Vertigo?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Vertigo and Diabetes mellitus
- support group for people who have Diabetes mellitus
- support group for people who have Vertigo
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 year ago):
I just started taking Synthroid (.25). It was increased in June (.50). Since the increased, I have experienced high blood pressure, excessive sweating, irregular heart beat, nausea).
From this study (2 years ago):
Light headed and coordination problems together with pressure sensation in head
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Diabetes mellitus, Vertigo
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Mucinex dm and advil congetstion
I noticed another female with simlar age and side effects; and a third female who in addition was under active thyroid. I have taken both drugs independently and had no problem with them. I am prone to low blood pressure & dizziness due to the thyroid problem
- The fear that follows an attack of vertigo
I awoke one morning and it appeared my furniture was moving in the room. Everything was spinning. I have a ringing in my left ear. Went to an ENT who threw my condition into the catch 22 pile and said I had Meniere Disease. I would not accept that after I researched the horrible ailment. I soug ...
- Still ill after several years
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
More reviews for: Diabetes mellitus, Vertigo
Common treatments for Diabetes Mellitus and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Diabetes mellitus symptoms:
- Heart in Diabetes mellitus (12,702 reports)
- Blood Glucose Increased in Diabetes mellitus (8,476 reports)
- Cardiac Failure Congestive in Diabetes mellitus (8,032 reports)
- Cerebrovascular Accident in Diabetes mellitus (6,299 reports)
- Death Of Companion in Diabetes mellitus (4,505 reports)
- Nausea in Diabetes mellitus (4,064 reports)
- Breathing Difficulty in Diabetes mellitus (3,728 reports)
- Arteriosclerotic Heart Disease in Diabetes mellitus (3,605 reports)
- Cardiac Disorder in Diabetes mellitus (3,541 reports)
- Htn in Diabetes mellitus (3,431 reports)
Vertigo related symptom studies:
- Vertigo in Anxiety (3,768 reports)
- Vertigo in Blood pressure (11,484 reports)
- Vertigo in Depression (8,663 reports)
- Vertigo in Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (3,787 reports)
- Vertigo in Hyperlipidemia (5,512 reports)
- Vertigo in Hypertension (12,398 reports)
- Vertigo in Ms (6,704 reports)
- Vertigo in Osteoporosis (7,330 reports)
- Vertigo in Pain (5,473 reports)
- Vertigo in Rheumatoid arthritis (4,263 reports)
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.