Home > Diabetes > Ataxia > Diabetes and Ataxia
Review: could Diabetes cause Ataxia (Movement - uncoordinated)?
We study 89,364 people who have Diabetes from FDA and social media. Among them, 71 have Ataxia (Movement - uncoordinated). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Diabetes and Ataxia >>>
Diabetes (latest reports from 382,368 patients) can be treated by Metformin Hydrochloride, Lantus, Januvia, Glipizide, Actos, Glucophage.
Ataxia (loss of full control of bodily movements) (latest reports from 43,508 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, epilepsy, high blood pressure, convulsion.
On Oct, 24, 2014: 89,364 people who have diabetes are studied. Among them, 71 (0.08%) have Ataxia.
Gender of people who have diabetes and experienced Ataxia * :
Age of people who have diabetes and experienced Ataxia * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (71 people, 100.00%)
- Hypertension (36 people, 50.70%)
- Depression (30 people, 42.25%)
- Muscle spasms (19 people, 26.76%)
- Multiple sclerosis (18 people, 25.35%)
- Breast cancer (17 people, 23.94%)
- Headache (16 people, 22.54%)
- Metastases to bone (15 people, 21.13%)
- Bone pain (15 people, 21.13%)
- Constipation (12 people, 16.90%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Aspirin (40 people, 56.34%)
- Diovan (39 people, 54.93%)
- Lantus (38 people, 53.52%)
- Promethazine (32 people, 45.07%)
- Lexapro (31 people, 43.66%)
- Wellbutrin (31 people, 43.66%)
- Atenolol (24 people, 33.80%)
- Toprol-xl (23 people, 32.39%)
- Lisinopril (23 people, 32.39%)
- Lipitor (23 people, 32.39%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diabetes and Ataxia?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Ataxia and Diabetes
- group for people who have Diabetes
- group for people who have Ataxia
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
I lost a lot of time during a 9 month period, I can't remember what I said or did. I'm being brought up on charges of writing prescription medications after my Controlled License expired. I forgot to renew it. My husband thinks that I've lost it. I couldn't remember how to do the simplest things. I thought it was my thyroid. It is enlarged but my labs came back back normal. I finally found some relief after reading an article in AARP a couple of weeks ago about drugs that can cause memory loss. I stopped taking the carvedilol right away. I'm feeling better already but I hope it clears more. I was looking for information. Many of the sites about carvedilol and memory loss are gone. It appears that there is a cover up concerning this drug. Many doctors won't admit that it can cause memory loss. The drug sites say nothing about memory loss. And a couple of sites just state that memory loss is not a side affect of carvedilol. Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Hurts to get up. Mostly knee and mussel pain
From this study (4 weeks ago):
Red, rough spot developed shortly after started bydureon. Biopsy 6 months later shows cancer. More spots appeared at 9 months and more in last month. Any other reports of skin cancer related to this drug?
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Will the herb hca in garcinia cambogia cause liver damage or in cases be fatal
I take synthroid once a day for my diabetes im on insulin at bedtime and the janumet twice daily. will the garcinia cambogia xt interfere with my meds. also I read from a consumers on health that the HCA in the supplement could damage the liver and in one was fatal. do yu think I should be taking t ...
- Will ataxia symptoms disappear once zoloft is stopped
85 year old mom was given zoloft 4 weeks after hip replacement due to a fall. Prior to zoloft she was recovering great. Since zoloft her weakness has steadily gotten worst to now not being able to walk. Ataxia symptoms. Dr wants to wean off zoloft. My concern will the weakness go away and will she ...
- Does metformin contain benzos
does metformin contain benzos this relaiting to a drug test that showed bezos in the urine sample i do not take this drug why did it show can please explain i also take other blood presur tablets can you please inlight me on the the subject of benzos and metfomin
More questions for: Diabetes, Ataxia
More reviews for: Diabetes, Ataxia
Common treatments for Diabetes and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Diabetes symptoms:
- Heart in Diabetes (12,569 reports)
- Blood Glucose Increased in Diabetes (8,159 reports)
- Cardiac Failure Congestive in Diabetes (7,928 reports)
- Stroke in Diabetes (6,205 reports)
- Death Sudden in Diabetes (4,495 reports)
- Nausea in Diabetes (3,909 reports)
- Breathlessness in Diabetes (3,646 reports)
- Coronary Artery Disease in Diabetes (3,605 reports)
- Cardiac Disorder in Diabetes (3,464 reports)
- Hypertension in Diabetes (3,380 reports)
Ataxia related symptom studies:
Diabetes is also known as: DM, Diabetes Mellitus, Diabetes Mellitus Management, Glucose Test.
Ataxia is also known as: Clumsiness, Coordination impairment, Incoordination and irregularity of voluntary movements, Lack of coordination, Loss of coordination, Movement - uncoordinated.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Memantine, Advair Diskus 100/50, Donepezil, Amlodipine for a 93-year old woman who has Inflammation Localised, Anxiety Disorder, Alzheimers, Asthma, Alzheimer's Disease, Blood Pressure Increased (22 minutes ago)
- Celexa for a 20-year old woman who has Chronic Depression (1 hour ago)
- Prozac for a 25-year old woman who has Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Prozac and Brittle Nails
- Raspberry Ketone and Diverticulitis
- Blister and Gabapentin
- Urinary Tract Infection and Micardis
Recent user comments
- "I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if someth ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Took Nexium for one week. After four days started bre ... " (6 hours ago)
- "he was fine till he took prednizone 10 days died the ... " (7 hours ago)
- Gamma Hydroxybutyric Acid
- Anethum Sowa
- Vessel Puncture Site Pain