Diabetes and Staphylococcal infection - from FDA reports
Staphylococcal infection is found among people with Diabetes, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Lantus and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Staphylococcal infection with Diabetes. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 418 people who have Diabetes from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jun, 24, 2017
418 people who have Diabetes and Staphylococcal Infection are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Diabetes and experience Staphylococcal Infection *:
- female: 53.77 %
- male: 46.23 %
Age of people who have Diabetes and experience Staphylococcal Infection *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.3 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.9 %
- 30-39: 2.99 %
- 40-49: 10.18 %
- 50-59: 30.84 %
- 60+: 54.79 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (112 people, 26.79%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (76 people, 18.18%)
- Pain (57 people, 13.64%)
- Depression (52 people, 12.44%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (38 people, 9.09%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Lantus (87 people, 20.81%)
- Humalog (71 people, 16.99%)
- Humira (66 people, 15.79%)
- Metformin (62 people, 14.83%)
- Avandia (40 people, 9.57%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Blood Glucose Increased (54 people, 12.92%)
- Pneumonia (48 people, 11.48%)
- Nausea (46 people, 11.00%)
- Weight Decreased (44 people, 10.53%)
- Weakness (44 people, 10.53%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Staphylococcal infection and Diabetes?
- Check symptoms - is your staphylococcal infection caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Diabetes can be treated by Metformin hydrochloride, Metformin, Lantus, Januvia, Glipizide (latest reports from 285,502 Diabetes patients)
Staphylococcal infection (an infection with staphylococcus bacteria) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, psoriasis, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 30,839 Staphylococcal infection patients).