Could Diverticulitis cause Flatulence - from FDA reports
Flatulence is found among people with Diverticulitis, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Codeine and have Migraine. We study 19 people who have Flatulence and Diverticulitis from FDA. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Diverticulitis (digestive disease which involves the formation of pouches (diverticula) within the bowel wall) can be treated by Flagyl, Cipro, Metronidazole, Ciprofloxacin, Ciprofloxacin hydrochloride (latest reports from 14,665 Diverticulitis patients)
Flatulence (flatus expelled through the anus) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, quit smoking (latest reports from 32,776 Flatulence patients).
On Nov, 29, 2016
19 people who have Diverticulitis and Flatulence are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Diverticulitis and experience Flatulence *:
- female: 73.33 %
- male: 26.67 %
Age of people who have Diverticulitis and experience Flatulence *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 7.69 %
- 60+: 92.31 %
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Nexium (5 people, 26.32%)
- Codeine (5 people, 26.32%)
- Pradaxa (4 people, 21.05%)
- Acidophilus (3 people, 15.79%)
- Toprol-Xl (2 people, 10.53%)
Forecasts by ePatient.care (We will alert you to new symptoms or undetected conditions when you have Diverticulitis, learn more )
Potential co-existing conditions
- Migraine (5 people, 26.32%)
- Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease (4 people, 21.05%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (4 people, 21.05%)
- High Blood Pressure (3 people, 15.79%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (2 people, 10.53%)
Potential co-existing symptoms
- Diarrhea (10 people, 52.63%)
- Headache (7 people, 36.84%)
- Musculoskeletal Stiffness (6 people, 31.58%)
- Migraine (6 people, 31.58%)
- Malaise (6 people, 31.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Flatulence and Diverticulitis?
- Check symptoms - is your flatulence caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all symptoms of Diverticulitisa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause FlatulenceFlatulence
Other conditions that could case FlatulenceFlatulence
Can you answer these questions?
You may be interested in these reviews
Get off of Benicar! It almost killed my huband. Diverticulitis, pulmonary imbolism,joint pain, swelling, hair loss,malnutritioned from constant diarrhea. Lost 80 pounds in 4 months. Hospitalized for 6 weeks...he was a walking skeleton. He got down to 124 pounds before getting off Benicar.
Hello, I am a 60 year old white female who has been having pain on my lower left side today. It started after I ate lunch and had a chicken breast on rye bread that had caraway seeds. I feel a vibrating feeling, too. I have had this sensation maybe three times before this over the years. ...