Home > Diverticulitis > Weight gain > Diverticulitis and Weight gain
Review: could Diverticulitis cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
We study 1,146 people who have Diverticulitis from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Weight gain (Weight increased). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Diverticulitis and Weight gain >>>
Diverticulitis (digestive disease which involves the formation of pouches (diverticula) within the bowel wall) (latest reports from 64,306 patients) can be treated by Flagyl, Metronidazole, Cipro, Ciprofloxacin, Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride.
Weight gain (latest reports from 527,968 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 1,146 people who have diverticulitis are studied. Among them, 4 (0.35%) have Weight Gain.
Gender of people who have diverticulitis and experienced Weight gain * :
|Weight gain||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have diverticulitis and experienced Weight gain * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||100.00% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Anxiety (1 people, 25.00%)
- Sleep disorder (1 people, 25.00%)
- Stress (1 people, 25.00%)
- Cholesterol (1 people, 25.00%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 25.00%)
- Nasal allergies (1 people, 25.00%)
- Hypothyroidism (1 people, 25.00%)
- Weight loss diet (1 people, 25.00%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Metronidazole (2 people, 50.00%)
- Zoloft (1 people, 25.00%)
- Xanax (1 people, 25.00%)
- Omeprazole (1 people, 25.00%)
- Toprol-xl (1 people, 25.00%)
- Lisinopril (1 people, 25.00%)
- Miralax (1 people, 25.00%)
- Zyrtec allergy (1 people, 25.00%)
- Pravastatin sodium (1 people, 25.00%)
- Cipro (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diverticulitis and Weight Gain?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Weight Gain and Diverticulitis
- support group for people who have Diverticulitis
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 days ago):
Is it possible to develop a gluten intolerance from one or a combination of the above medications?
From this study (6 days ago):
daily constant headache
continuing cyanosis (nobody seems to tell me why....!)
bloating of tummy area and waistline
swollen and tender breasts (at sides)
severe acid reflux
tingling / burning sensation in my feet when I shower
poor memory / concentration
'tightness' of jaw / swollen glands in neck
brown spots which appear then disappear at random
backache (upper back)
when I blow my nose my right eye bulges and waters (random... I know but I'm just listing everything strange which has recently developed)
vision has decreased
decreased urine output
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Diverticulitis, Weight gain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lyrica varied widely
I was prescribed Lyrica for treatment of chronic pain. It was ineffective, but it knocked out the symptoms of interstitial. However, it also caused rapid weight gain (I went from 110 to 130 lbs. in just a few weeks) and my ankles started to swell. The pain doctor advised me to discontinue the dru ...
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
- Crestor side effects
I'm a vegetarian all my life , very athletic, I work out a lot , I run. In the last year or two My cholesterol seems to go high, my primary Doctor knows that I go for the healthy stuff so he advice a couple of things. But unfortunately nothing woks so he put me on Crestor, it has been a really bad e ...
More reviews for: Diverticulitis, Weight gain
Common treatments for Diverticulitis and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Diverticulitis symptoms:
Weight Gain related symptom studies:
- Weight Gain in Anxiety (2,083 reports)
- Weight Gain in Bipolar disorder (2,633 reports)
- Weight Gain in Birth control (2,181 reports)
- Weight Gain in Blood pressure (3,102 reports)
- Weight Gain in Depression (4,897 reports)
- Weight Gain in Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (2,101 reports)
- Weight Gain in Diabetes mellitus (2,152 reports)
- Weight Gain in High blood cholesterol and triglycerides (2,208 reports)
- Weight Gain in Hypertension (3,327 reports)
- Weight Gain in Pain (2,311 reports)
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Subclavian Artery Stenosis
- Cytomegalovirus Infection and Vertigo
- Flexeril for Fibromyalgia
- Lightheadedness and Emphysema
- Levothyroxine Sodium
Recent user comments
- "Since starting Latuda I have noticed a sharp increase ... " (18 minutes ago)
- "Been on protonix for 3 weeks when the pain, swelling, ... " (35 minutes ago)
- "Did not notice until started Finasteride, but might h ... " (3 hours ago)
- Red Blood Cell Count Decreased
- Neonatal Lupus Erythematosus
- Death Sudden