Home > Diverticulitis > Weight gain > Diverticulitis and Weight gain
Would you have Weight gain (Weight increased) when you have Diverticulitis?
Summary: Weight gain is reported only by a few people with Diverticulitis.
We study 4 people who have Weight gain (Weight increased) and Diverticulitis from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Diverticulitis and Weight gain >>>
Diverticulitis (digestive disease which involves the formation of pouches (diverticula) within the bowel wall) (latest reports from 10,000 patients) can be treated by Flagyl, Cipro, Metronidazole, Ciprofloxacin, Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride.
Weight gain (latest reports from 75,856 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Nov, 12, 2014: 4 people who have diverticulitis and Weight Gain are studied.
Gender of people who have diverticulitis and experienced Weight gain * :
|Weight gain||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have diverticulitis and experienced Weight gain * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||80.00% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Anxiety (1 people, 25.00%)
- Sleep disorder (1 people, 25.00%)
- Stress (1 people, 25.00%)
- Cholesterol (1 people, 25.00%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 25.00%)
- Nasal allergies (1 people, 25.00%)
- Hypothyroidism (1 people, 25.00%)
- Weight loss diet (1 people, 25.00%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Metronidazole (2 people, 50.00%)
- Zoloft (1 people, 25.00%)
- Xanax (1 people, 25.00%)
- Omeprazole (1 people, 25.00%)
- Toprol-xl (1 people, 25.00%)
- Lisinopril (1 people, 25.00%)
- Miralax (1 people, 25.00%)
- Zyrtec allergy (1 people, 25.00%)
- Pravastatin sodium (1 people, 25.00%)
- Cipro (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diverticulitis and Weight Gain?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Weight Gain and Diverticulitis
- support group for people who have Diverticulitis
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Are an increase in appetite & tiredness side effects of the birth control tri-sprintec?
(Asked by a 23 year old woman who has Weight Gain, Increased Appetite, and takes Tri-sprintec)
In the past I have taken the birth control Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo and have never had any problems. I just switched to the generic brand, Tri-sprintec. I have now officially been taking Tri-Sprintec for 2 months. I recently started to notice that my appetite has increased and I've been eating A LOT more ...
- Alprazolam & amoxicillin
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure, Diverticulitis, and takes Meclizine, Clonidine, Norvasc, Flomax, Avodart)
Have Diverticulitis from having Diverticulosis. Have had high blood pressure for
about 4 years and it is controlled with the Norvasc & Clonidine. Enlarged prostate is controlled with Flomax & Avodart. Meclizine is for vertigo, take 2 25mg per day, 1 Am & 1 PM. Take 1 Norvasc AM & 1 Flomax PM.
- Bisoprolol ,ive gained 56 pounds
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Weight Gain)
i had a triple by pass,and was prescribed bisoprolol.since taking it i have gained 4 stones in weight ,ive tried diets ,exercise nothing takes the weight off ,should i stop the tablets.
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Itching, Weight Gain, Hot Flush, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Pain - Abdomen, and takes Feraheme, Pantoprazole, Prolia)
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- I have recently been put on humulin 70/30 and januvia 100mg and am concerned about weight gain as i am on quite high doses ttake 80 units in the morning and 60 at night
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Weight Gain, and takes Metformin, Januvia , Humulin 70/30 Pen)
I have recently Changed from novomix 70/30 flex pen to humulin 70/30 flex pen 80 units before breakfast and 60 units before supper, metformin 1000 mg morning and 1000 mg in the evening both to be taken after meals, and januvia 100 to be taken after breakfast. Unfortunately the novomix insulin cause ...
More questions for: Diverticulitis, Weight gain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lyrica varied widely
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Peripheral Neuropathy, Chronic Pain, Bright-red Rash, Swelling Of Ankles, Weight Gain, and takes Lyrica)
I was prescribed Lyrica for treatment of chronic pain. It was ineffective, but it knocked out the symptoms of interstitial. However, it also caused rapid weight gain (I went from 110 to 130 lbs. in just a few weeks) and my ankles started to swell. The pain doctor advised me to discontinue the dru ...
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Thyroid Disorder, Ulcer - Stomach, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Intestinal Resection, Diverticulitis, Crohn's Disease, and takes Vitamin D, Synthroid, Prilosec Otc, Pravastatin Sodium, Asacol Hd)
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
- Crestor side effects
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Weight Gain - Unintentional, Hot Flashes, Joint Swelling, Weight Gain, and takes Crestor)
I'm a vegetarian all my life , very athletic, I work out a lot , I run. In the last year or two My cholesterol seems to go high, my primary Doctor knows that I go for the healthy stuff so he advice a couple of things. But unfortunately nothing woks so he put me on Crestor, it has been a really bad e ...
- Depo provera overdose
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Central Obesity, Obesity, Weight Gain, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Vein Disorder, Milk Secretions, Libido Decreased, Infertility Female, Hair Loss, Bone Loss, Acne, Cellulite, Depression, and takes Depo-provera)
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Stopping pristiq for my memory
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Short Term Memory Loss, Weight Gain - Unintentional, and takes Pristiq)
I have been on Pristiq for 3 years. My short term memory loss is a great concern to me. I am 45 and I have questioned my doctor and given my concerns to the point she referred me to a neurologist but said it was not the Pristiq. There is no other drugs I am taking or have taken to cause this proble ...
More reviews for: Diverticulitis, Weight gain
- A study of side effects of Hydromorphone Hydrochloride for a patient with Lupus. The patient has Weight Gain - Unintentional
Comments: I have Lupus and Fibromyalgia and I had surgery on my intestine. 5 1/2 inches were taken removed from my rectum because of a polyp that was flat against the wall of my intestine. My joints and muscles are really sore and because I was given prednisone for years my bones are very bad. I get a shot of ...
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a patient with ADD. The patient has Excessive Hunger Resulting In Headache, Dizziness, Foggy Thoughts, And Irritability, Dry Mouth, Jaw Lesion Excision, Thirst, Weight Gain
Comments: The lesions on face are like zits but not acne. They swell and pulsate and ooze throughout the day and have hard white or yellow waxy pits in them when popped. They respond to calamine lotion somewhat but have not gone away in 6 months, always occurring in the same place. From ear to ear under the j ...
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Klonopin, Effexor Xr, Lamictal, Abilify for a patient with Depression, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Mood Stabilizer, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Sweating - Excessive, Headache, Akathisia, Weight Gain
Comments: Within 3 to 4 months of starting ABILIFY, I gained about 40 pounds. As for the akathisia (feeling of restlessness or shaking on the inside), it wasn't bad until my dose got to 15mg. Eventually it went away and I still take 15mg/day. (haven't been able to lose much weight though. Side effects with ...
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Levoxyl, Alprazolam, Celexa, Abilify for a patient with Chronic Pain, Adult Hypothyroidism, Stress And Anxiety, Depression, Major Depression With Psychotic Features. The patient has Obsessive Thoughts, Compulsive Hair Pulling, Weight Gain, Compulsive Shopping
Comments: I take 20 milligrams of Abilify with 20 mg. of celexa at night with Alprazolam throughout the day and at night to help me sleep. Since taking abilify over the past 10 years I have gained weight that I can't lose, I am always buying lottery tickets, and want to go to gamble obsessively. I also have c ...
- A study of drug interactions between Rifampin, Ethambutol Hydrochloride, Clarithromycin for a patient with Tuberculosis Test Positive. The patient has Headache, Weight Gain - Unintentional
daily constant headache
continuing cyanosis (nobody seems to tell me why....!)
bloating of tummy area and waistline
swollen and tender breasts (at sides)
severe acid reflux
tingling / burning sensation in my fee ...
More related studies for: Diverticulitis, Weight gain
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.