Home > Eczema > Sepsis > Eczema and Sepsis
Would you have Sepsis when you have Eczema?
Summary: Sepsis is found among people with Eczema, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have Tuberous sclerosis, and take medication Elidel.
We study 18 people who have Sepsis and Eczema from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Eczema and Sepsis >>>
Eczema (patches of skin become rough and inflamed, with itching and bleeding blisters) (latest reports from 51,141 patients) can be treated by Triamcinolone Acetonide, Protopic, Fluocinonide, Elidel, Cyclosporine, Prednisone.
Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death) (latest reports from 303,375 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple myeloma, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, preventive health care.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 2,393 people who have eczema are studied. Among them, 18 (0.75%) have Sepsis.
Gender of people who have eczema and experienced Sepsis * :
Age of people who have eczema and experienced Sepsis * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Tuberous sclerosis (4 people, 22.22%)
- Rash (4 people, 22.22%)
- Epilepsy (4 people, 22.22%)
- Enchondroma (3 people, 16.67%)
- Gastric ulcer (3 people, 16.67%)
- Cardiac failure (2 people, 11.11%)
- Venous thrombosis (2 people, 11.11%)
- Iron deficiency anaemia (2 people, 11.11%)
- Hyperuricaemia (2 people, 11.11%)
- Diabetes mellitus (2 people, 11.11%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Elidel (5 people, 27.78%)
- Mesna (4 people, 22.22%)
- Amlodipine (4 people, 22.22%)
- Dexamethasone (4 people, 22.22%)
- Neupogen (4 people, 22.22%)
- Lactulose (4 people, 22.22%)
- Lorazepam (4 people, 22.22%)
- Bactrim (4 people, 22.22%)
- Cefazolin (4 people, 22.22%)
- Oxcarbazepine (4 people, 22.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Eczema and Sepsis?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Sepsis and Eczema
- support group for people who have Eczema
- support group for people who have Sepsis
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can urinary retention cause severe dizziness and lightheartedness?
(Asked by a 24 year old woman who has Nausea, Urinary Retention, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Eczema, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS))
I had a kidney infection for 1.5 months diagnosed in August this year it took 2 lots of antibiotics to kick it but now I am left with SEVERE urinary retention I had a cystoscopy which only lasted for 24 hours it was done when I was awake so I think that it wasn't very affective by the next morning I ...
- What are some known or reported side effects from a zantac overdose? especially long term side effects?
(Asked by a 1 year old boy who has Blank Stare, Diarrhoea Nos, Stools - Bloody, Skin Infection - Yeast, Choking When Eating, Eczema, Poor Peripheral Circulation, and takes Ranitidine)
My son was born preterm weighing in at 5lbs. During his time in the NICU the doctors diagnosed him with acid reflux and started him on Ranitidine. One day prior to him leaving the NICU I was given a script to be filled for at home use. The dosage was suppose to be .375ml but instead the pharmacy fil ...
- Does methadone worsen eczema?
(Asked by a 35 year old woman who has Eczema, and takes Methadone Hydrochloride)
I abused opiates more specifically heroin for over a year... Agee months ago I stopped and started taking methadone. I have eczema on my hands which I developed during that time...it is severe now... Is it possible that methadone is making it worse ?? Also is there anyway the use of opiates caused t ...
- How to make baby stop scratching his face and head
(Asked by a 1 year old boy who has Eczema, and takes Cortisone Acetate)
Baby boy almost 4 months old. About 1 mouth ago developed rash and rough skin on the face, Dr. prescribed cortisone 1%. Also tried cataphil moisturizer and california baby. The condition has been on and off. The face now can be seen cleaned of rash except in lower chins and around the ears, but the ...
- Does obital cellulitis and erythema multifiorme have anything in common?
(Asked by a 2 year old girl who has Eczema, Erythema Multiforme, and takes Prednisone, Hydrocortisone, Elidel, Amoxicillin Pediatric)
My daughter has been diagnosed and treated for obital cellulitis 2 1/2 wks ago and than just recently been diagnosed with erythema multifiorme and has has it twice with in a 7 month period. Not sure if there is a connection between the 2 it just seems like we have had a lot of issues lately and not ...
More questions for: Eczema, Sepsis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Eczema after takin xarelto
(Posted by a 20 year old woman who has Eczema, and takes Xarelto)
After the second day of taking Xarelto for a pulmonary embolism, I noticed a red itchy patch on my neck. My doctor identified it as eczema. I've never had it before in my life.
- Sepsis hallucinations misdiagnosed
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has I, Osteoarthritis, Chronic Pain, Scar-tissue Adhesions, Bowel Blockage, Sepsis, Sepsis Hallucinations, and takes Clonazepam, Dilaudid)
I was admitted to the hospital at 10 p.m., with a total bowel blockage caused by scar-tissue adhesions. I had first gone to the ER at 3 a.m. that morning, but the ER doc misdiagnosed my condition as constipation. I was in extreme pain and also too weak to tell my husband when he first came home t ...
- Eczema and birth control-microgestin
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Eczema, and takes Imitrex, Westcort, Kenalog, Garcinia Cambogia, Singulair, Ultracet, Baclofen, Percocet, Naproxen, Topamax, Lamotrigine, Seroquel, Microgestin Fe 1/20)
I started getting eczema over the last year and recently decided it may be from the birth control as well, which I started taking @ 2 months before I got the eczema and skin started breaking out...weight gain, etc. I am on singulair, westcort cream, moisture/kenalog, exederm cream, cerevue wash, cet ...
- Eczema and birth control
(Posted by a 24 year old woman who has Eczema, and takes Desogestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Hydroxyzine, Singulair)
I have never had eczema in my life. A few years ago, in March/April 2012, I began taking birth control (Caziant) for the first time. About a month or two later, I noticed a red patch of skin on my armpit that wouldn't stop itching. I was given different types of fungal creams and corticosteriod crea ...
More reviews for: Eczema, Sepsis
- A study of drug interactions between Proair HFA, Methocarbamol, Motrin, Elidel, Provera, Metformin Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Calcium, Indapamide, Atenolol, Verapamil Hydrochloride for a patient with Asthma, Joint, Bone Pain (pedestrian Vs Mva Accident), Joint Pain, Osteoarthritis, Eczema, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Dm, Ii, Low Calcium, Osteoarthritis, Htn. The patient has
Comments: Proair inhaler prescribed in emergency 22 Dec 2013; makes heart rate and blood pressure increase dramatically. In the past used Proventil inhaler and did not notice this increase in pulse and BP. Primary care physician quit and left, no follow-up since Sept. Should I be concerned about this inhal ...
- A study of drug interactions between Retin-a, Silver, Nystatin, Clobetasol Propionate, Vanos, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Cardizem, Prednisone, Restasis, Lidocaine, Zyrtec, Flonase, Ipratropium Bromide, Xopenex HFA, Xopenex, Fioricet, Relpax, Botox, Lidoderm, Baclofen, Lansoprazole, Advair Diskus 500/50, Symbicort, Singulair, Oxycodone, Enbrel, Aygestin for a patient with Acne, Wound, Thrush, Eczema, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Vitamin D Deficiency, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Rheumatic Heart Disease, Dry Eye, Cervical Spondylosis, Allergies, Rhinitis Allergic, Asthma, Migraine With Aura, Musculoskeletal Pain, Muscle Spasms, Gerd, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Endometriosis. The patient has Urine Flow Decreased, Urine Output, Constipation, Shoulder Impingement Syndrome, Frozen Shoulder, Early Morning Awakening, Palpitations Aggravated, Sleepy, Sleep Paralysis - Isolated, Confusion, Sensitivity To The Cold, Drowsiness, Muscle Fatigue, Cramps - Muscle, Pain - Muscles, Muscular Weakness, Eye Pain, Vision Blurred, Night Sweats, Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Pain - Neck, Blood Pressure Diastolic Increased, Increased Intracranial Pressure, Headache, Heart Rate Increased, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Blood Pressure Increased
Comments: Healed joint and soft tissue injuries (PID) return with increased pain and swelling. Pressure changes with position. Frequency and intensity of migraines increased with pressure symptoms. Genetic connective tissue disorder - Ehler Danlos Syndrome. Cardiac arrhythmia. History of rheumatic fever, pneu ...
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Dapsone, Alphagan, Lumigan, Dorzolamide Hydrochloride, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Atorvastatin Calcium, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Metrogel, Fluocinolone Acetonide, Triamcinolone Acetonide, CoQ-10, Aspirin, Chlorhexidine Gluconate for a patient with Bullous Pemphigoid, Glaucoma, Allergy, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression - Elderly, Rosacea, Pemphigoid, Eczema, Antioxidant Therapy, Jet Lag, Infection. The patient has
Comments: I've had pemphigoid disease (cicatricial, bullous, and mucous membrane) for nearly one year. It is currently pretty well controlled by 10mg/day of Prednisone and 100mg/day of Dapsone. I would like to see fewer side effects (tremors and sleep disturbance) as well as a complete remission of the blis ...
- A study of drug interactions between Valtrex, Mometasone Furoate, Keppra, Lisinopril for a patient with Herpes Simplex, Eczema, Seizure - Grand Mal, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Keppra
Comments: my mood has changed alot and for the worse!i've been missing work due to severe depression,social anxiety,mood swings,feeling angry/hostile,and being paranoid.i also get hives/water blisters i believe a whole lot.i think this may occur more due to so much stress?
- A study of drug interactions between Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Hydrocortisone for a patient with Allergy Test, Eczema. The patient has
Comments: My daughter is 5yrs old. She started taking zyrtec 6 months ago. For at least 4-5 months she has started having tics. She coughs and clears her throat constantly and shrugs her shoulders at the same time. She don't even realize she is doing it and can't stop. I did some research and connected the zy ...
More related studies for: Eczema, Sepsis
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.